Stiga DNA Hybrid H or XH vs Other Hybrid Competitors

Tiz

This user has no status.

Tiz

This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Today I glued the DNA Dragon Grip onto my Stuor Harimoto to test out as a FH rubber.

Previously I was using DG as a backhand rubber, and it was quite good. Now I'm curious to see if its good as a FH rubber. I'm worried that its not tacky enough.
Let us know, I'm going to use it next (after my current G1)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
Does anybody know about the range of tackiness of ESN hybrid rubbers? Are they all basically the same tackiness between Dragon Grip vs K3 vs Bluegrip, etc? Or is there a slight range in tackiness?
Good question, following this thread to check this. btw saw on your signature the dragon f, how tacky is it? I used it before but not long enough to remember.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Good question, following this thread to check this. btw saw on your signature the dragon f, how tacky is it? I used it before but not long enough to remember.
It is significantly tacky. Tackier than hybrids and tackier than new versions of H3.

About the same tackiness as friendship battle rubbers

• Love
Reactions: TheProfessor
says TT is easy: just place the ball on the table 1 time more...
says TT is easy: just place the ball on the table 1 time more...
Nov 2022
It is significantly tacky. Tackier than hybrids and tackier than new versions of H3.

Could you tell what's more catapulty: LAC or Dragon F. I'm looking for cheap both bouncy and tacky Chinese rubber. And how much is LAC harder than your Dragon F(mid-soft?/mid-hard?)?

Reactions: TheProfessor
This user has no status.
Does anybody know about the range of tackiness of ESN hybrid rubbers? Are they all basically the same tackiness between Dragon Grip vs K3 vs Bluegrip, etc? Or is there a slight range in tackiness?
I've used Dragon Grip and currently use Codexx SuperSelect (which is a hybrid). The Codexx is very lightly tacky. It can hold onto a plastic sheet for protection, but it can't pick up a ball, even for a second. Dragon Grip on the other hand is super tacky, and I agree it's tackier than newer H3s (I have another racket with provincial blue sponge on it). Dragon Grip is great, but it takes a ton of effort to use well. And for anyone else that likes Dragon Grip, Stiga will be releasing Dragon Power 52.5/55/57.5 in the near future.

Reactions: Scarfed Garchomp
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
I played with my Hybrid XH today again after some time, but only for maybe 5-10 minutes and I couldnt play that many different Kind of shots.
I had glued and played with it some time ago, but I havent touched it ever since.
It is only lightly tacky, but it has good grip.
On forehand from mid distance it has good Spin and arc, but I felt like it wasnt so speedy and lacked consistent Power, it lost some speed near the table.
My forehand loops with Loki R9 had more quality and penetration.
Although I cant compare to Other Hybrid rubbers, I can say it is like a more tensor Version of the LAC, less dwell time and more inbuilt kick effect that sends the ball out faster.

Then I Tried it on Backhand and was pleaseantly suprprised.
Felt ( almost) like Fan Zhendong from mid distance and close to the table power loops and counter loops.
The ball landed near the end of the table with good quality.
Grip, dwell time, power output and control felt really good.
I might switch From G-1 to the Hybrid XH in the near future.

Last time I Tried the XH, I couldnt play the hard and fast shots, due to my Training partners and the circumstances at the time
With low and Medium Power it felt uncontrolled and not linear.
But for faster shots and Finishers, the hybrid XH did really well.
Control, Spin and grip from the topsheet and good speed output if you have the technique for it.

It doesnt fit as a forehand rubber for me, as I prefer Chinese style rubbers and not so much hybrids or tensors.
On Backhand it worked well and can recommend it.

Experience will be your best teacher, as always.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Could you tell what's more catapulty: LAC or Dragon F. I'm looking for cheap both bouncy and tacky Chinese rubber. And how much is LAC harder than your Dragon F(mid-soft?/mid-hard?)?
Lac is more catapult. I play lac unboosted, and the power is great.

Dragon F i play boosted on bh. But with booster is really nice

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I've used Dragon Grip and currently use Codexx SuperSelect (which is a hybrid). The Codexx is very lightly tacky. It can hold onto a plastic sheet for protection, but it can't pick up a ball, even for a second. Dragon Grip on the other hand is super tacky, and I agree it's tackier than newer H3s (I have another racket with provincial blue sponge on it). Dragon Grip is great, but it takes a ton of effort to use well. And for anyone else that likes Dragon Grip, Stiga will be releasing Dragon Power 52.5/55/57.5 in the near future.
Oh wow that sounds cool. What is different about dragon power?

Is codexx the same catapult as dragongrip?

says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
I'm a fan of the regular Codexx, especially the 54, I'm curious to find out the differences between the Superselect 53 and regular 54 if you can compare.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I'm a fan of the regular Codexx, especially the 54, I'm curious to find out the differences between the Superselect 53 and regular 54 if you can compare.
Ive never heard this rubber before. I wonder why its not on TT11?

I personally find dragon grip very fast. Is codexx slower or faster?

Jul 2014
Ive never heard this rubber before. I wonder why its not on TT11?

I personally find dragon grip very fast. Is codexx slower or faster?
TT11 doesn't stock a lot of Gewo equipment. I think C54 is slower than DG but I haven't played a whole lot with DG

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023

Is the Dragon-F still what you use? Did you boost it? I'm planning on buying the Nittaku H3 Neo since it's an older model it's probably tackier than current H3 Neos or the Nittaku H3 Turbo Orange or Turbo Blue, are those basically hybrids?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Is the Dragon-F still what you use? Did you boost it? I'm planning on buying the Nittaku H3 Neo since it's an older model it's probably tackier than current H3 Neos or the Nittaku H3 Turbo Orange or Turbo Blue, are those basically hybrids?
Yes I boosted my dragon F. It becomes bouncier and quite fast, a really good bh rubber all around. Speed and tackiness.

No, nittaku h3 is not a hybrid. Its a very slow and dead rubber. However it does react well to booster and becomes very powerful.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
Yes I boosted my dragon F. It becomes bouncier and quite fast, a really good bh rubber all around. Speed and tackiness.

No, nittaku h3 is not a hybrid. Its a very slow and dead rubber. However it does react well to booster and becomes very powerful.
Is the dragon F more akin to the H8 or H3 in that case and since the nittaku h3's are like that, I'll settle for the Tibhar Hybrid K1. I used one before and it feels like a tacky baracuda. In terms of dna hybrid, I used the Hybrid XH before, but that's harder than the Hybrid K1, so I'm guessing the Hybrid K1 maybe similar to the DNA Hybrid H