Stiga DNA Hybrid XH

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
I want to write down the findings of my robot session (still not same as regular training, but that will hopefully follow tomorrow).

I was able to compare the Stiga DNA Hybrid M & H variants with G-1 (max and 2.0mm).

In terms of controllability in the short game (pushes and touch game) i would rate the rubbers like this PK50 Sieger > Rakza Z = DNA Hybrid H > DNA Hybrid M > Tibhar Hybrid MK / FastArc G-1.

In terms of playing with and without engaging the sponge i found it easier to decide when to only brush the ball (looping without sponge) and when to engage it basically playing a power loop with force.

With the G-1 i find it harder to decide not to engage the sponge and when the sponge will kick in. With the DNA Hybrid M it was similar due to the softer sponge i found the moment hard to track when the sponge would give that little more power. This means that there are more "lower" gears with the Hybrid H than with the G-1.

While looping i would even say that the G-1 is way easier to activate, then follows the Hybrid M and way later the Hybrid H.

I liked the behaviour of the Hybrid H on the robot, but it might be different in real training and matches.

What made me decide to give the Hybrid H a shot is the power loops. While Hybrid M and G-1 are on the same speed level when engaging the sponge, the Hybrid H was clearly a level above. This reminded me of the MX-D which also has very strong power loops. From my memory i would judge the DNA Hybrid H to have perhaps 90% of the speed of the MX-D on power loops and perhaps 10 % more spin. Combined with the very good touch game i feel that this rubber can support me in these two facets of the game.

It remains to be seen if the harder to activate sponge will cause issues in the "in between" game where you dont do a full swing to activate the sponge and need the help of the sponge even on shorter strokes.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
After two training sessions considering of drills and matches I have to unfortunately admit that even though the short game is great and the open game (when in position) is also really powerful, I am not good enough to use that in a real match. Drills were fine, but as soon as I was a little out of position I did not activate the grippiness of the top sheet/sponge combination and the ball went into the net.

It is not purely the hardness of the sponge either, since the Pk50 is world's apart in terms of managing quality shots out of position. The sticky ness of the Pk50 might add to it, but I Believe it is also the more rigid top sheet of the DNA Hybrid H that stops me from using it properly. I simply do not have the acceleration in my arm, when I lean to the side and play a topspin close to the body, when somebody targets my pockets/elbow

Reactions: Scarfed Garchomp
says Not for sale, I liked it actually
says Not for sale, I liked it actually
May 2018
The biggest thing about dignics 09c is not on the user side but the opponent side. when my opponent loop with d09c the second bounce bounces upward which sometimes really confuses me and cause me to not find the correct "position" to counter back. Receiving server from d09c is also troublesome because by the looks of it opponent didn't put much spin o the serve but somehow the ball is more spinny than perceive. Dignics 09c is a very deceptive rubber for your opponent. I am not sure if stigna/rasanta rubbers have these properties.

Reactions: jammmail
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
How would you find it on the forehand? I might try it but I heard it's discontinued though so won't be able to get a restock eventually.
It is not discontinued. There some weird people on the Internet that claim this, but it was just recently released and is still officially sold.

You can get it for 30 euro currently from tabletennis11.com

I played it on the forehand for a while and it is great in the short game, but it might be a little exhausting playing powerful loops from distance,but the spin is great. It is surely easier to play with than dhs hurricane 3, but harder than your average 47,5 degree vega pro or the like.

In the end I changed back from the pk50 to the rakza z on the forehand, because emergency strokes like fishing for some out of reach balls were hard with the pk50, because of the lower catapult, if you don't swing through.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
It is not discontinued. There some weird people on the Internet that claim this, but it was just recently released and is still officially sold.

You can get it for 30 euro currently from tabletennis11.com

I played it on the forehand for a while and it is great in the short game, but it might be a little exhausting playing powerful loops from distance,but the spin is great. It is surely easier to play with than dhs hurricane 3, but harder than your average 47,5 degree vega pro or the like.

In the end I changed back from the pk50 to the rakza z on the forehand, because emergency strokes like fishing for some out of reach balls were hard with the pk50, because of the lower catapult, if you don't swing through.
But it's under clearance of tt11. Which usually means its discontinued right?