Stiga DNA Hybrid XH

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
New unreleased Stiga DNA Hybrid XH.
52.5 degrees.... Very brief comparison, basically a Dignics 09c but isn't, pretty much only difference is that the 09c has a taut supple topsheet, and the DNA Hybrid XH has a soft topsheet to complement the Hard Sponge.

Due to it's combination it allows virtually any stroke to be executed with ease. Whether you brush the ball thinly or flat hit the ball, anything goes.

Currently using it on a Sanwei Froster but my GF is buying me a Butterfly Kenta Matsudaira ALC so will transfer it to that blade and do an additional review. Speedwise it's basically on par with a Tibhar Evolution MX-P and the catapult from the sponge is massive when engaging the sponge.

Basic stats.

Speed 9/10
Spin 9/10
Control relative but I'd say 8.5/10

Overall definitely worth it's price at an approximately $70-$75 SRP. Will definitely pay full price, only the durability remains to be a question.

Attachments

• IMG_20231010_164832_066.jpg
    IMG_20231010_164832_066.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 445
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
New unreleased Stiga DNA Hybrid XH.
52.5 degrees.... Very brief comparison, basically a Dignics 09c but isn't, pretty much only difference is that the 09c has a taut supple topsheet, and the DNA Hybrid XH has a soft topsheet to complement the Hard Sponge.

Due to it's combination it allows virtually any stroke to be executed with ease. Whether you brush the ball thinly or flat hit the ball, anything goes.

Currently using it on a Sanwei Froster but my GF is buying me a Butterfly Kenta Matsudaira ALC so will transfer it to that blade and do an additional review. Speedwise it's basically on par with a Tibhar Evolution MX-P and the catapult from the sponge is massive when engaging the sponge.

Basic stats.

Speed 9/10
Spin 9/10
Control relative but I'd say 8.5/10

Overall definitely worth it's price at an approximately $70-$75 SRP. Will definitely pay full price, only the durability remains to be a question.
We need a classic gozo mxp comparison. @Gozo

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
Update a month later.
Grip is pretty much the same. Seems to be quite durable.
Performs really well, feels like a softer D09c and less catapulty topsheet, but just as powerful sponge than 09c if not more powerful. Great control both with the short game and long distance, spin sensitive is just average.
Really great for counter looping and any active/offensive stroke.

All in all great performance for a cheaper price than D09C.

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
Am interested in the Hybrid range - but probably the M and H as XH would be too hard I imagine. How are they on spin generation and opening up?
XH doesn't feel hard to me, it does have a legit 52.5 sponge, but doesn't feel that hard because of a soft topsheet.
Spin generation is a 9.5/10 and opening up is soooo easy.

Reactions: jammmail
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
How does the Stiga XH differ from the ESN 53d rubbers like Joola ZGX, Andro C53, or Tibhar K3?

Is it pretty similar in form and function?
I only had a minute with the K3, so I'm not so sure yet, unlike with the Hybrid XH that I spent a good 50hrs or so with. The K3, though feels more tensory than the XH, XH feels more chinese. I may use a fresh sheet of K3 soon, so let's see. I'll keep you posted.

Reactions: jammmail