Stiga DNA Hybrid XH

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
I only had a minute with the K3, so I'm not so sure yet, unlike with the Hybrid XH that I spent a good 50hrs or so with. The K3, though feels more tensory than the XH, XH feels more chinese. I may use a fresh sheet of K3 soon, so let's see. I'll keep you posted.
Good to know - I didnt really like the K3 but only used it on one blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
I have put the Stiga DNA Hybrid H on my second blade but was not able to do more with it than bounce a ball on it and compare it with the Hybrid M.
The H is indeed harder in feeling, but what is best is that the short game probably is much easier with this one. The Hybrid M is already more controlled than a Fastarc G-1, but the Hybrid H is way more easily controlled. We are talking about Nittaku Pk50 Sieger levels of control, close to Chinese rubbers that don't make the ball jump out of the blade much at all if you don't give energy into the ball by yourself.

Reactions: jammmail
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
I had no specific expectation but it played in an unexpected way.
Practiced with it for about 90 minutes.
Its glued on inner zlc with Ebony Outer ply blade.
This isnt a Review or Well rounded description, just my first impressions.

Played good on harder shots and blocks on FH. Could kill the point really Well.

Opening on underspin felt quite good, Both on FH and BH.

On medium impact it felt strange, neither particularly good or bad.

Not very tacky, only slightly.

In a week or so I might update again.

Reactions: TheProfessor
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
I had no specific expectation but it played in an unexpected way.
Practiced with it for about 90 minutes.
Its glued on inner zlc with Ebony Outer ply blade.
This isnt a Review or Well rounded description, just my first impressions.

Played good on harder shots and blocks on FH. Could kill the point really Well.

Opening on underspin felt quite good, Both on FH and BH.

On medium impact it felt strange, neither particularly good or bad.

Not very tacky, only slightly.

In a week or so I might update again.
The blade you're using is that a custom blade?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2016
Read 1 reviews
New unreleased Stiga DNA Hybrid XH.
52.5 degrees.... Very brief comparison, basically a Dignics 09c but isn't, pretty much only difference is that the 09c has a taut supple topsheet, and the DNA Hybrid XH has a soft topsheet to complement the Hard Sponge.

Due to it's combination it allows virtually any stroke to be executed with ease. Whether you brush the ball thinly or flat hit the ball, anything goes.

Currently using it on a Sanwei Froster but my GF is buying me a Butterfly Kenta Matsudaira ALC so will transfer it to that blade and do an additional review. Speedwise it's basically on par with a Tibhar Evolution MX-P and the catapult from the sponge is massive when engaging the sponge.

Basic stats.

Speed 9/10
Spin 9/10
Control relative but I'd say 8.5/10

Overall definitely worth it's price at an approximately $70-$75 SRP. Will definitely pay full price, only the durability remains to be a question.
How's your Kenta Matsudaira ALC? Care to do a short review of it?

Reactions: TheProfessor
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
Thanks mate. I use a FZD ALC if you're curious about how it plays.
My friend was so curious with my Kenta ALC so I lent it to him and he has a TB ALC that he's not using. He said he finds it fast, but it's basically the same as my Kenta lol. He has an FZD ALC as well, and checking them out, they're pretty much all the same just different handles. In terms of size of handles FL one's, from smallest to biggest.
Kenta<TB<FZD.

Reactions: anjoooo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2016
Read 1 reviews
My friend was so curious with my Kenta ALC so I lent it to him and he has a TB ALC that he's not using. He said he finds it fast, but it's basically the same as my Kenta lol. He has an FZD ALC as well, and checking them out, they're pretty much all the same just different handles. In terms of size of handles FL one's, from smallest to biggest.
Kenta<TB<FZD.
Thanks for your thoughts. Yeah I have a TB ALC and a Viscaria and so far I like the FZD ALC the most. But they all play very similarly.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
@jk1980
Off-Topic but maybe you know.
Did your G1, when you opened it, also curl a little bit inwards?
Sort of reverse Dome.
My G1 is slightly curved inwards.
EDIT: Just found out, it is normal
I have two news. I have heard that only the red g-1 has that dome and since I play the black version most of the time I did not notice it.

I head a robot session testing the hybrid H and I am now willing to change from the hybrid M to the Hybrid H.

I will update my findings later

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
So I’m not sure whether to try hybrid both sides or Dragon Grip on FH. I really like the Pro H on fh - is it a big difference? On Bh I’m thinking Hybrid M
I'm not sure on the difference of the Dragon Grip and DNA Hybrid, but grip the Hybrid has more. The Dragon Grip has a different dynamic but the DNA Hybrid XH has more power and grip of the topsheet. I think the Dragon Grip may have a slightly higher top end speed but the DNA Hybrid is overall better, although the DG is cheaper. The Pro is a non-tacky rubber.

Reactions: jammmail