T.S.P Curl P-H ?

This user has no status.
I also used Curl P-H as well. My opinions match those of haggisv, but I'll restate them here. Note that I used the OX version (which I think is the best considering how P-H behaves)

- This is by far the slowest long pip I've never used, and nothing comes close. The amount of control this gives you is remarkable, which is good for me because pushing is kind of a weakness in my game.
- The control this rubber gives you, because the pips are stiffer, is why the reversal is low. You can generate your own spin, but don't expect to block close to the table like P-1 and P-3 and get much out of it.
- The pips being stiff, however, allows you to strike the ball very easily, without any worry of the ball slipping. This is probably one of the best long pips for hitting out there, however your opponent won't be bothered that much. With pips, it's always important to remember, however easy it is for you to use them, it's also that easy for your opponent to play against (assuming a mildly competent player).
- The hardest, but most rewarding part of using PH, is blocking high speed shots. Since the pips don't bend, it can be hard to keep the ball on the table. But if you time it correctly and stoke it right, your ball will be unreturnable.

All in all a great rubber. If you really like i'd consider going OX to get both maximum control, as well as much "deception" as the rubber can generate. Kyoka Idesawa, a member of the junior girls national team in Japan, uses Curl P5V OX on her backhand. You can see her again Miyuu Kihara here:

I also used Curl P-H as well. My opinions match those of haggisv, but I'll restate them here. Note that I used the OX version (which I think is the best considering how P-H behaves)

- This is by far the slowest long pip I've never used, and nothing comes close. The amount of control this gives you is remarkable, which is good for me because pushing is kind of a weakness in my game.
- The control this rubber gives you, because the pips are stiffer, is why the reversal is low. You can generate your own spin, but don't expect to block close to the table like P-1 and P-3 and get much out of it.
- The pips being stiff, however, allows you to strike the ball very easily, without any worry of the ball slipping. This is probably one of the best long pips for hitting out there, however your opponent won't be bothered that much. With pips, it's always important to remember, however easy it is for you to use them, it's also that easy for your opponent to play against (assuming a mildly competent player).
- The hardest, but most rewarding part of using PH, is blocking high speed shots. Since the pips don't bend, it can be hard to keep the ball on the table. But if you time it correctly and stoke it right, your ball will be unreturnable.

All in all a great rubber. If you really like i'd consider going OX to get both maximum control, as well as much "deception" as the rubber can generate. Kyoka Idesawa, a member of the junior girls national team in Japan, uses Curl P5V OX on her backhand. You can see her again Miyuu Kihara here:

Hi Peter93,I've spent 3 hours on my robot today and was really impressed how much I could attack with the P-H I can still produce some topspin!!! But also I'm learning how to do a flat knuckle ball you can see the way the ball behaves on the other side of the table!!!! I was having a lot of success playing a chop block!!!! Some were really floating others had more backspin!!!! I'm looking forward to testing the P-H against my club mates this week !!! I'll let you know how I get on !!!! Thanks again for your feedback Peter !!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019

Hi Peter93,I've spent 3 hours on my robot today and was really impressed how much I could attack with the P-H I can still produce some topspin!!! But also I'm learning how to do a flat knuckle ball you can see the way the ball behaves on the other side of the table!!!! I was having a lot of success playing a chop block!!!! Some were really floating others had more backspin!!!! I'm looking forward to testing the P-H against my club mates this week !!! I'll let you know how I get on !!!! Thanks again for your feedback Peter !!!!

It looks like you have already moved on from Curl P-H. What was it about this rubber that you ended up not liking?