Table tennis DIY display table!

This user has no status.
Hey guys, I wanted to share with you a fun project I did a little while ago!

I wanted to give our club's training hall a little of the glamour of the great table tennis venues I see in photos and videos all over the world. So I decided to make a display table to use for the team's championship matches! I designed a cover around one of the Butterfly tables in the club, and made it primarily with wood. With the support and help of the club manager (he paid for the whole thing and helped in the construction), I think the result is quite nice!

I'm not going to bore you with the details, I know all you wanna see is photos!

table_01.jpg

table_02.jpg

It looks stunning in the dark!

table_03.jpg

Here it is used in a championship match!

table_05.jpgtable_06.jpg

The table made it to the National Federation's website news!
http://httf.gr/index.php?option=com...onistiko-trapezi-o-a-s-alfa&catid=8&Itemid=10 (you probably won't understand a thing, it's in Greek! :eek: )

What do you think, do you guys like it? I'd like to hear your feedback!

Last edited:
says Aging is a killer
Led

Very nice.
You should install LEDs so that the score would pop up in .5m high lettering :).

.Or instead of the club logo, put a big LED monitor. You could then flash up the club logo in quiet periods but also charge sponsors to advertise. Just thinking

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
Thank you for the comments!

It was a low budget project so the objective was to make it look as cool as we can, with the lowest cost. The whole thing cost about €150 - €170, (excluding the table of course! :) ). But I really like your ideas!

If you are interested, I could make a tutorial on this, where we could discuss how it was made, what I could have done better, and new ideas for the next project!

Reactions: Suga D