Table tennis shoes, where to buy?

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
I'm sorry ASICS is not a proper TT shoe??? They make excellent TT shoes. I got mine from TT Japan and I love them. They are softer than badminton shoes and have a lower center of gravity so they are easier to move side to side.

I have not seen Asics TT specific shoe in my local sport store. There are however plenty of Asics badminton, indoor and court shoes on the racks. Maybe the local sport stores do not stock a proper TT Asics shoes because TT is still a niche sport in my locality.

Last edited:
Reactions: ericd937
View attachment 25668View attachment 25669
My second Donic TT shoe. The old one last longer than my Asics's indoor shoe.

Just last week I had to buy from the sole distributor's brick and mortar shop and not online as I had forgotten the shoe size. Had to be there to try out my size.

I had to drive 90 mins to my capital city where the shop is located to purchase it as there is no pro TT store in where I live.

In my club, Asics is the main TT shoe but we all know that Asics is not a proper TT shoe, but nonetheless we had to make do with the limitations.
I have the same pair and also the white color. This is the best table tennis shoe on the market for around 50 bucks and under. Good shoes.

Edit** I should add, I wear size 47. TT shoes are difficult to find in that size and there aren't many options.

Reactions: jbvttcc
This user has no status.
Bought Mizuno Wavw shoes from Japan. The same shoes cost more than$80, I paid about $50. Three of my friends bought together and split the shipping fee $27.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
Hi, Can anyone recognize this ASICS shoes from the screen?
what is the model and is it available in EU?

IMG_0024.jpeg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
I went to my local shop near my home to check some shoes. Appeared Mizuno Wave Drive 9 on Black Friday sale price in my size but after checking they are for sure for wider feet and I would feel worse than in my current BTY Lezoline Rifones. There was also Mizuno Wave Medal 7 and it was better but not ideal but guy brought me ASICS Gel-Blade 8…. 🤩 wow I felt like it was designed for my feet. Of course bought them and I hope my feet will not suffer anymore 😉
IMG_4440.jpeg

Reactions: Crewdy
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
I went to my local shop near my home to check some shoes. Appeared Mizuno Wave Drive 9 on Black Friday sale price in my size but after checking they are for sure for wider feet and I would feel worse than in my current BTY Lezoline Rifones. There was also Mizuno Wave Medal 7 and it was better but not ideal but guy brought me ASICS Gel-Blade 8…. 🤩 wow I felt like it was designed for my feet. Of course bought them and I hope my feet will not suffer anymore 😉
View attachment 27370
Yeah I have wider feet and I love my ASICS TT shoe. Was your shoe sized as wide or standard width? I try to buy wide from TT Japan and they are equivalent to a 2E width. I'm wondering if the standard ASICs would be a 1E width.