Table tennis shoes, where to buy?

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
Just wondering if you guys bought shoes online and if yes, what was your experience and which site did you buy it from, is the shipping expensive?
IMG_6111.jpeg
IMG_6112.jpeg

My second Donic TT shoe. The old one last longer than my Asics's indoor shoe.

Just last week I had to buy from the sole distributor's brick and mortar shop and not online as I had forgotten the shoe size. Had to be there to try out my size.

I had to drive 90 mins to my capital city where the shop is located to purchase it as there is no pro TT store in where I live.

In my club, Asics is the main TT shoe but we all know that Asics is not a proper TT shoe, but nonetheless we had to make do with the limitations.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
View attachment 25668View attachment 25669
My second Donic TT shoe. The old one last longer than my Asics's indoor shoe.

Just last week I had to buy from the sole distributor's brick and mortar shop and not online as I had forgotten the shoe size. Had to be there to try out my size.

I had to drive 90 mins to my capital city where the shop is located to purchase it as there is no pro TT store in where I live.

In my club, Asics is the main TT shoe but we all know that Asics is not a proper TT shoe, but nonetheless we had to make do with the limitations.
My experience buying it online is excellent. I get it via Amazon so I can always return it. Asics for me at least lasted a long time. I had to throw one away because it was rained on and it did not air out properly so the stinky smell meant I had to to throw it away.

And since the price of the Asics shoes fluctuates and inflation is setting in, I just bought two more of the same (different colors) from Amazon. I am wearing one and having the other one as spared. So far so good!

The shoes are advertised as indoor sport shoes or basically volleyball shoes. However I do not feel any differen between that and table tennis shoes. The idea of the shoes are the same. The shoe has very good grip on the floor and does not seem to wear off over time (I have tried three other table tennis shoes two of which my chinese coach brought back from china to sell to the students and I like Asics the best!).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022

There's a ton of good looking shoes on Temu now as well. I wonder when TT blades and rubbers are going to hit the Temu store? Might still be a ways off though?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011

I'm sorry ASICS is not a proper TT shoe??? They make excellent TT shoes. I got mine from TT Japan and I love them. They are softer than badminton shoes and have a lower center of gravity so they are easier to move side to side.

Reactions: FrenchFrog33
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Asics Gel-Rocket 10 is advertised as volleyball shoes. Eventually it's for generic indoor sports.
Yes on my amazon website it is advertised as volleyball shoes but it works.

I think every indoor shoe that allows you to move side ways without straining your ankles is what you need in table tennis.

for example, basketball shoes are terrible because they fix your ankles (makes sense so when you just up and down, you don't roll your ankles) so basketball shoes are not good for table tennis.

I imagine badminton shoes will be good too.

The main thing is, try it an see if you like it. If you like it, it is a good pair of shoes for your ping pong style.

I am sorry that someone has bad experience with Asics Gel-Rocket 10. I have had three of them and I am happy!

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
Yes on my amazon website it is advertised as volleyball shoes but it works.

I think every indoor shoe that allows you to move side ways without straining your ankles is what you need in table tennis.

for example, basketball shoes are terrible because they fix your ankles (makes sense so when you just up and down, you don't roll your ankles) so basketball shoes are not good for table tennis.

I imagine badminton shoes will be good too.

The main thing is, try it an see if you like it. If you like it, it is a good pair of shoes for your ping pong style.

I am sorry that someone has bad experience with Asics Gel-Rocket 10. I have had three of them and I am happy!
Tried once yesterday for first time, size is exact (not too large). I found them just fine. I used to use Puma shoes for outdoor running, I guess anything is an improvement :) Unfortunately Mizuno Wave Drive 8 were too large, at least 1.5 or 2 sizes larger than the advertised EU size.

Reactions: JJ Ng
This user has no status.
Just wondering if you guys bought shoes online and if yes, what was your experience and which site did you buy it from, is the shipping expensive?
Zalando, Amazon, Decathlon have no shipping fees as long as you spend a minimum amount that is usually less than a good pair of shoes