Tenergy 05 Hard v D09c

Tom

This user has no status.

Tom

This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 7 reviews
Hey tom, I know you guys have tried the rakza Z and complained about the speed but would you guys ever consider reviewing rakza Z extra hard? Because I think that can help in terms of speed
Yeah would be interesting to properly test the Rakza Z extra hard, we did try it briefly and it still wasn't super quick. But both decent rubbers for sure, loads of spin, grip and control

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
D09C is more secure in touch play, T05H is still very bouncy.

Maybe try K3, Hammond Z2 or stick to tacky rubbers if they work for you.
Hi Thomas – The reviews of Hammond z2 online ive seen are mixed - and seem varied in terms of the types of rubber it is. Could you say a little more about it - or point to a thread where you have spoken about it?

Sorry for disrailing!

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Hi Thomas – The reviews of Hammond z2 online ive seen are mixed - and seem varied in terms of the types of rubber it is. Could you say a little more about it - or point to a thread where you have spoken about it?

Sorry for disrailing!
Hi jammmail,

To me, Hammond Z2 is the first rubber that actually ressembles and feels like a Tenergy, like it could be a new Tenergy variant.

It feels softer than 50, more like a 47, fast, very dynamic but also more controllable, less bouncy and spin sensitive than Tenergy 05. Tenergy 05 is way too bouncy and spin sensitive for me so it has a tendency to be unpredictable and shoot all over the place.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: jammmail
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Hi jammmail,

To me, Hammond Z2 is the first rubber that actually ressembles and feels like a Tenergy, like it could be a new Tenergy variant.

It feels softer than 50, more like a 47, fast, very dynamic but also more controllable, less bouncy and spin sensitive than Tenergy 05. Tenergy 05 is way too bouncy and spin sensitive for me so it has a tendency to be unpredictable and shoot all over the place.

Hope this helps!
I think Z2 is probably my favorite rubber for backhand. It's so responsive and fast and spinny.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
Read 1 reviews
General rule of thumb is, you need to work harder for hard sponge.
easier to use soft sponge
And yes, boosting a hard sponge, to make it softer, is easier to use
Hybrid is the same theory in terms of softer sponge.
The tackier topsheet (and harder sponge) does allow for easier use for touch play, or what I like to call short game.

However, blade has a very important role to play in short game.
So, having said that, Ricospin, I wonder how much of an issue you have with a "bouncy" rubber, or too fast of a blade.
There was a point in time where I gave Xiom's Jekyll and Hyde V52.5 rubber a fair try. I liked how it felt to loop but I found that it was just too bouncy in the short game. Funny enough when I switched to skyline 3 neo (boosted twice.) I was able to get rid of this issue. I had this setup on my pro 01.

I now play with Sanwei 75 inner, slower and more safe than the pro 01. I guess I can try and boost my rubbers harder (3 layers of seamoon curently). I currently use Battle 2 Max Pro in 39 deg.

Although part of me does want to just learn my lesson the hard way and just try it hahaha.

Cheers Tony!