The counterloop era?

NDH

says Spin to win!
yeah but the killshots got almost unreturnable,and the medical advance is in every Profiessional Sport.
But the Ball way got heavier,less rotation,therefore more countersmashes as i would almost call them instead of counterloop.

Yeah I agree with you there.

You can almost hit straight through the spin these days - Beforehand, you'd need to hit a genuine counter loop, which wouldn't have the same venom and out right speed.....

Reactions: longle and Haraold
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
yeah but the killshots got almost unreturnable,and the medical advance is in every Profiessional Sport.
But the Ball way got heavier,less rotation,therefore more countersmashes as i would almost call them instead of counterloop.

The iconic Truls countersmash is fun to watch.

With the male world players hardly anyone pushes a ball on serve, except Harimoto. I also notice that the top players do not (can) give short services, but only half long ones (albeit with more backspin than a regular player). In my former Belgian league, the serving time was much shorter than what I see now with top players

i ask if they want a short serve or a halfong one to make the match faster,I doubt Pros can´t play a short serve.

They can but they don't do it (anymore). It all has to do with tactics tailored to their opponent (I guess).

ZFT

This user has no status.

ZFT

This user has no status.
Dec 2021
To transition into a counterlooping style what type of characteristics would one look for in material to support? Other than needing to train 5 hours a day 😂

Obvious seems to be H3 on FH, Andro C53 BH and a crisp soft ALC/ZLC blade?

To avoid: Hinoki? Pure Carbon? 9 ply+? Thickness >7mm?