Tibhar Felix Lebrun Hyper Carbon Review

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2016
Picked up this blade from TT11 recently because it was limba inner carbon composition with the new hyper carbon (I've used the TMXi pro). I opted for a heavier weight as I never used anything lower than 87g. TT11 pulled through and I got an 89g blade.

First inspection of blade
The ply composition is different from w968 or TMXi pro. The two plys of limba is definitely thinner with a thicker core. The handle was thicker than everything I've ever used (BTY, Xiom, DHS). My initial set up was hurricane 3 neo Blue Sponge 40 deg 2.1mm for fh and butterfly t19 2.1mm for bh.

First impressions of the blade
It is very stiff similar to Timo Boll ALC. But unlike Timo Boll, there was a sense of dwell time and support. The arc was very full and nicely protected even when out of position. The second bounce had signs of diving down but the magnification is definitely not as extreme as w968. Thus, the overall pressure given to the opponent was less than I was used to.

Backhand rallies were impressive. With the t19, I can engage the blade very easily. Definitely more aggressive than the TMXi pro. Blocks were easy and gave my opponent a lot of pressure. For a limba inner carbon blade, the backhand was very linear.

Touch game definitely suffered compared to TMXi pro and w968. Ball shots off the paddle too quickly, especially on the backhand.

Overall, I ended up switching my t19 for a rakza 7. The extra grip and dwell helped the touch game while also getting more finishing power. I would recommend this blade to koto outer carbon butterfly players looking to gain more control in their game.

I also tried d09c on the backhand but it destroyed the linearity of the blade, I could see tihbar k3 hybrid being a good fit but I didn't have one on hand.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
I find Ovtcharov has a lower throw, and is harder to hit through, but the ball quality will be higher. Ovtcharov will benefit those that play more blocks and load up for finishing attacks. But the Tibhar FL wins out in the fast close to the table exchanges and consecutive attacks.
About speed and power from mid distance, can you compare it to boll alc? Thankss