Tibhar Hybrid MK PRO

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
a change to the topsheet would be against the rules.
I don't think Ittf bothers much about checking top rubbers for consistency. As a matter of fact I don't know why they bother at all.
Take some older DHS and Loki rubbers and compare them with the ones that are sold now. Just about the only thing that remains the same is the actual Ittf number.

Reactions: BHSlap and Lazer

mil

This user has no status.

mil

This user has no status.
Nov 2012
Is the MK Pro a good substitution for hard mildly tacky hybrid rubbers?

The main concern is the topspin - it should allow both a slow spinny loop against backspin and block, a fast finishing loop and a drive.

I have the Dynaryz ZGR - it does not pair well with my primary blade - Persson PowerCarbon = no arc. It plays much better on my secondary blade Freitas ALC, but when we play at home - very cold - it does not perform at all.

Dynaryz ZGX - too bouncy on my primary blade. On the secondary blade it depends, when it is cold, quite OK.

I was thinking of trying a non-tacky rubber which would be similar to hybrids and would perform well in different conditions.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
Is the MK Pro a good substitution for hard mildly tacky hybrid rubbers?

The main concern is the topspin - it should allow both a slow spinny loop against backspin and block, a fast finishing loop and a drive.
if my recollection does not fool me then the MK Pro is really more for faster and more powerfull loops while engaging the sponge.
Playing a brushing loop without engaging the sponge too much seemed hard to me with the MK Pro.

on another note i would not judge rubbers and their properties in too cold environments, because the loss of catapult might be great in the short game, but the temperature is not really something that you can influence for your next competition. Having to rackets with different rubbers per temperature also seems a little too much of a change to really be consistent.

mil

This user has no status.

mil

This user has no status.
Nov 2012
The temperature is a given fact - I have to play in cold conditions. I cannot influence it, it is even OK for me, but the hard 50+ degree mildly tacky rubbers do not play well when cold.

Therefore I am looking for something more compatible with cold without going in a completely different direction - the MK PRO is called a hybrid so it should be something between real hybrids and ESN.

mil

This user has no status.

mil

This user has no status.
Nov 2012
I have the MK Pro already, could not resist, but will be able to play it in two days.

Reactions: BHSlap

mil

This user has no status.

mil

This user has no status.
Nov 2012
I do not see the MKpro as a replacement for a tacky hybrid rubber for FH, but rather as a do-it-all BH rubber.
Tacky is tacky - when serving, pushing or playing an opening spinny loop, tacky is the best.
If you do not want to play a tacky rubber, this is as close as you can get with MKpro, with advantages of a lighter and faster rubber when hitting with short strokes.

This user has no status.
TJR174.jpg

Do you guys have info about this rubber? Tibhar Hybrid MK PRO, its for sale at Tabletennis11 and TTJapan. So what is the difference between this rubber and the regular Hybrid MK?

Cheers!
I tested this rubber MK PRO Max on the Korbel Japan and Hugo Calderano blades over the Christmas holidays. I don't think it's a very good rubber for my counterspin game. I also tested the Andro Rasanter C48 MAX rubber and was very surprised by the high control when playing away from the table. It is said that this rubber does not sell much and that is a shame. I buy rubbers for testing at a good price at tabletennisshop.eu

mil

This user has no status.

mil

This user has no status.
Nov 2012
The MKpro is more for close to the table, there are better rubbers for away from the table...