Tibhar Hybrid MK PRO

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
TJR174.jpg

Do you guys have info about this rubber? Tibhar Hybrid MK PRO, its for sale at Tabletennis11 and TTJapan. So what is the difference between this rubber and the regular Hybrid MK?

Cheers!

Reactions: FrenchFrog33
Waiting for review, see if use for BH, wanna change the eld , a little too bounce for BH.
A little hard for BH, don't You think ? I would use this on FH, if anything
The regular Hybrid MK is not too bouncy and I think this one should be even less of that....

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
The regular Hybrid MK is not too bouncy and I think this one should be even less of that....

Cheers
L-zr
I got one mk pro to be delivered to me soon and I will check if it is really less bouncy in the short game.
Usually I thought this would be a rule of thumb that the harder the sponge the more controlled a rubber is in passive strokes, but I was wrong.
While this rule applies to pk50 Sieger and rakza z it does not apply to rubbers like MX-D which is harder than G-1 but still more bouncy on pushes and the like.

Reactions: Lazer
I got one mk pro to be delivered to me soon and I will check if it is really less bouncy in the short game.
Usually I thought this would be a rule of thumb that the harder the sponge the more controlled a rubber is in passive strokes, but I was wrong.
While this rule applies to pk50 Sieger and rakza z it does not apply to rubbers like MX-D which is harder than G-1 but still more bouncy on pushes and the like.
Great, I’m a big fan of hybrid MK, let’s see what hybrid MK pro is all about.

Cheers
L-zr

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
LARC is curently comprising of 1646 rubber items. Beware of overfeeding oneself, for gluttony is generally regarded as a deadly sin, you know. 🤓🤓🤓

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023

Cheers
L-zr
I don't use these on fh, I always like this brand, last one I use on BH is mxd, then try eld, so looking forward to this pro .

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2012
It is tempting to try. I liked MK a lot on forehand, though in hindsight i felt it was just a little too pillowy as NL kind of perfectly put it. That did help in a lot of ways though, weirdly. I find myself intimidated still by a lot of the rubbers marketed now that are 53 or harder, but this is kind of in between where I'm used to and where a lot of those are so it's tempting.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
It is tempting to try. I liked MK a lot on forehand, though in hindsight i felt it was just a little too pillowy as NL kind of perfectly put it. That did help in a lot of ways though, weirdly. I find myself intimidated still by a lot of the rubbers marketed now that are 53 or harder, but this is kind of in between where I'm used to and where a lot of those are so it's tempting.
I understand how you feel about the harder rubbers, that said, it is more a mindset than a skill level thing. There are 2600 players using Tenergy 05 and there are scrubs like me using hard rubber like Golden Tango. For me, hardness just means when you loop very hard, the spin is there. Everyone's feeling is different.

Would tibhar pros like jorgic and the lebruns be dumb enough to switch, since it has the word pro in it?
They are probably using something completely different anyway…

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
My very first early impressions are that non-pro and pro play similarly in the short game which is sad but something that you can also see with other tibhar rubbers. The change of power and potential seems to be only noticeable on more active strokes and not the short game. I will evaluate it further later in training. Both variants share the same topsheet.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
The change of power and potential seems to be only noticeable on more active strokes and not the short game. ... Both variants share the same topsheet.
I wouldn´t except anything else. The catapult is reduced by the semi sticky topsheet, and the difference made by a three degrees harder sponge should really not be too noticeable in the short game?

Played with more input, more power is enabled by the harder sponge, while the softer version is easier to activate.

But it will be interesting which differences you´ll notice, because some didn´t find any ;-)
(Probably a "hard" variant of MK compared with a "soft" variant of Pro, both meeting at 49,5 degrees...)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
perhaps this is just a master stroke by tibhar which enables them to live with a less good quality control. The Tibhar MK Hybrid rubbers that come out of ESN with a too high hardness can be relabelled as MK hybrid pro (since both rubbers look alike and only the wrapping is different if i did not miss anything).

Countering and looping was similar enough between the non-pro and pro version. Short game was unfortunately not more controlled with the pro version. I kind of hoped for a similar difference like G-1 to PK50 where there is a huge difference in the short game (even when the stickyness has worn off).
After half an hour playing with it and starting a training match with it i stopped using the pro version after the first set of the training match when i noticed something.

It is probably hard to explain but most of you should know this technique if you receive a serve that has just a little backspin. You dont go full open racket (meaning rubber points upwards), but more like a vertical slighly open blade to receive the ball while doing a little downwards chop motion to impart a little backspin to make it harder to attack your return in case it goes too high.

i am talking about a receive like this at 0:53

This exact technique was seemingly worse with the pro (not imparting much spin) and i can only guess that with that low speed and energy that you use for that stroke that the harder sponge does not get activated and does not aid in generating spin.

So in the first set my match opponent simply blasted a few of these returns, while after changing to the racket that has the regular mk hybrid this lead to him basically smashing into the net. This is just how i try to explain it to myself. I can not tell if this is what happened and maybe it was just anecdotal evidence or me adjusting the technique.

Since the open game (counter and loop) with the pro version was not noticable better than the regular, i will stick to the regular version.

If i get the chance with a more knowledgeable blocking partner i will try to find differences in the looping game, but i had no reliable blocking partner today.

Last edited:
Reactions: d3nium
K3 both sides for Lebrun, K3 forehand for Jorgic (backhand Infinity MX-P) - so the most recent information.
Yes, but special ones, not off the shelf…
At a minimum specially selected.

Cheers
L-zr