Tibhar Shang Kun Hybrid AC Blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2020
Not sure if OP got his answer yet. But you can look at Tibhar Fortino Pro DC inside. Here is a comparison with Donic True Carbon Inner by TT11 - Though the price is in the Butterfly range.

Well Felix plays the SHANGKUN AC now, but Alexis plays the outter customize AC "SHANGKUN". I'm penholder and I play SHANGKUN AC now with two Tibahr rubber, K3 and Aurus Soft. The racket is very wooden in in-table control, in order to get a good trajectory, you must kick through the rubber. Once you kick through the racket, the speed and spin and the trajectory are verty great in near table and middle table. But you may feel the blade is a bit soft if you smash it with all you strength. In one word, SHANGKUN AC is very wooden in control and fast enough and good speed and spin.

Play it with Germany's or Japan's rubber, and everything will be fine. both side K3 is great but since I'm penholder I want light weight racket and the oversea rubbers are expensive in China, I got a Aurus Soft. Don't play it with chinsese style DHS Hurricane if you don't want to inflate it with oil, I have a Hurricane3 Neo 39 Provincial, hard to kick through and not good feeling. K3 will be much more better.
IMG_20230403_210851(1).jpg
IMG_20230403_210900(1).jpg

Anyone tried both the Shang Kun AC and Yasaka Atletico Power? I want to choose between those 2.
SHANG KUN AC is much better than Atletico Power in a balance saying. Better control, more wooden in in-table control, better spin and trajectory in topspin.

But, if you really have power to smash you racket, and more power on smsh than spin, the Atletico power is more powerful.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
t's more complicated than that but yes this Donic blade is on my list. Unbeatable value for money it seems. In reality, if I have to focus on these two brands, it's for commercial reasons related to my job.
Donic No.1 Senso is rumored to be made by DHS but with Donic's handle. This is most likely true due to Dima using DHS W968 with Donic handle back in the day and the No.1 Senso is the only blade in all of Donic's catalogue to have the shorter rounder DHS-style lense. That is your best bet. I am currently using it right now and it is a joy to play with.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Read 1 reviews
Did you went for it? I'm also considering to buy one.

Any more feedback's?
Well, I did went for it and after one training and one tournament I think I'm in love 💕

Exactly what I was searching, changed from a Tibhar Samsonov Force Pro Black Edition. Almost the same structure + carbon (Limba Limba ALC Ayous ALC Limba Limba).

Feels close enough to a all wood blade with a slight carbon kick. Great control and feel, plenty fast with Mx-p (forehand) and Aurus sound (backhand).

Approved!!

Reactions: rbtitco
Well, I did went for it and after one training and one tournament I think I'm in love 💕

Exactly what I was searching, changed from a Tibhar Samsonov Force Pro Black Edition. Almost the same structure + carbon (Limba Limba ALC Ayous ALC Limba Limba).

Feels close enough to a all wood blade with a slight carbon kick. Great control and feel, plenty fast with Mx-p (forehand) and Aurus sound (backhand).

Approved!!
Samsonov Force Pro Black is very good, what rubber you were using? What's the weight and thickness of your blade? A 6.7 mm Pro Black is still powerful for 40+ balls. Use MXP50 + MXP(ELP) will be very good.

I use K3 for my SHANGKUN AC. MXP 50 is also very good!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Read 1 reviews
Samsonov Force Pro Black is very good, what rubber you were using? What's the weight and thickness of your blade? A 6.7 mm Pro Black is still powerful for 40+ balls. Use MXP50 + MXP(ELP) will be very good.

I use K3 for my SHANGKUN AC. MXP 50 is also very good!
Yes it is a very good blade (Samsonov FPBE) price performance it's the best out there for me. Mine is around 91grams if i remember correctly.

I was using the same rubbers, MX-P forehand and Aurus sound 1.9mm backhand.

I wanted to try the Tibhar K3 next season but im a little concerned, since i tryed a Gewo Nexxus El pro 50 and its too hard for me (question of habittude or not, im not sure of it). So im thinking to stay with MX-P and Aurus set, or try the K3 on forehand.

What can you say regarding K3 and the standart MX-P?

My forehand playstyle it's explosive type but nowadays (i'm almost arriving to my 40's) im slower on the table to pivot forehand all the way like before. So MX-P being softer than K3 it's more forgivable, and plenty explosive even with shorter swings when a bit late to the ball. At least that's my touhgt, having tryed the nexxus 50 hardness.

Could K3 be good for what i described?

Yes it is a very good blade (Samsonov FPBE) price performance it's the best out there for me. Mine is around 91grams if i remember correctly.

I was using the same rubbers, MX-P forehand and Aurus sound 1.9mm backhand.

I wanted to try the Tibhar K3 next season but im a little concerned, since i tryed a Gewo Nexxus El pro 50 and its too hard for me (question of habittude or not, im not sure of it). So im thinking to stay with MX-P and Aurus set, or try the K3 on forehand.

What can you say regarding K3 and the standart MX-P?

My forehand playstyle it's explosive type but nowadays (i'm almost arriving to my 40's) im slower on the table to pivot forehand all the way like before. So MX-P being softer than K3 it's more forgivable, and plenty explosive even with shorter swings when a bit late to the ball. At least that's my touhgt, having tryed the nexxus 50 hardness.

Could K3 be good for what i described?
The hardness is only concerned with the sponge, while the rubber surface of MXP is somehow a bit hard. I don't feel the K3 is really a hard rubber on my forehand. Try K3, K3 is easier to penetrate and has better spin and trajectory. But the speed of MXP50 is faster. The most important disadvantage of K3 is the price, expensive than MXP 50.

The spin and control of K3 is the reason so many Tibahr's pro players transfers to K3.

Reactions: Luigiii
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Read 1 reviews
The hardness is only concerned with the sponge, while the rubber surface of MXP is somehow a bit hard. I don't feel the K3 is really a hard rubber on my forehand. Try K3, K3 is easier to penetrate and has better spin and trajectory. But the speed of MXP50 is faster. The most important disadvantage of K3 is the price, expensive than MXP 50.

The spin and control of K3 is the reason so many Tibahr's pro players transfers to K3.
I agree MXP surface is a bit hard and trajectory could be better imo. The K3 higher price could be fought if it has a better durability that MXP wich is lackluster.

I agree MXP surface is a bit hard and trajectory could be better imo. The K3 higher price could be fought if it has a better durability that MXP wich is lackluster.
For the durability, I have no idea. But from the Chinese community, both MXP50 and K3 are suffered from bad reputations for the durability of the sponge.

Reactions: Luigiii
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Read 1 reviews
Does anyone know how big is the ST handle for Shang Kun AC?
I dont need exactly what dimension you can compare with other blades like otc, viscaria, szlc, etc...
I played with Viscaria but flared so can't compare much. For me feels a bit thin, but I'm used to flared blades more.

Playabilitywise I liked it allot, a tad less power than Viscaria but so much better control in all the moments of the game, mainly receives, agressive blocks, counter top. Viscaria is great to attack, but when I found more agressive oponentes, it was harder to control the pace of the match when I was not the first to attack.

PS: Some years ago I played with an Zhang Jike alc (straight) and from what I recall the handles are more or less the same in size.

Reactions: cosgg100
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
I played with Viscaria but flared so can't compare much. For me feels a bit thin, but I'm used to flared blades more.

Playabilitywise I liked it allot, a tad less power than Viscaria but so much better control in all the moments of the game, mainly receives, agressive blocks, counter top. Viscaria is great to attack, but when I found more agressive oponentes, it was harder to control the pace of the match when I was not the first to attack.

PS: Some years ago I played with an Zhang Jike alc (straight) and from what I recall the handles are more or less the same in size.
in the end i choose ovtcharov inerforce alc. Thx anyway!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Donic No.1 Senso is rumored to be made by DHS but with Donic's handle. This is most likely true due to Dima using DHS W968 with Donic handle back in the day and the No.1 Senso is the only blade in all of Donic's catalogue to have the shorter rounder DHS-style lense. That is your best bet. I am currently using it right now and it is a joy to play with.
Rumored? Except for the difference in the balance due to the hollow handle and the handle size I cannot feel any difference between my Donic No.1 Senso and my Long 5. I don't think it is mere coincidence.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Read 1 reviews
I’ve been playing with this blade for some months now. And everything I felt in the beginning was confirmed, not a coincidence both Lebrun brothers played with this when they changed from butterfly to Tibhar.

Just find odd that it ain’t more popular or talked online. Would love to watch a table tennis daily video review of this 🤣

Butterfly Innerforce is has good as this one? Read a review that compared Tibhar Shang Kun AC to a mix of Butterfly Innerforce and Timo Boll ALC. Only tried Boll ZLC but it has less feeling, don’t find them close at all in playability (being ZLC and outer).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
Did you went for it? I'm also considering to buy one.

Any more feedback's?
unfortunately I started getting more into outer composite blades nowadays. currently using Kenta Matsudaira ALC with Stiga DNA Hybrid XH (FH) and Xiom Jekyll and Hyde X50 (BH) just won a class C tournament with it. I'm guessing 1800~ level in my area.
Will be changing rubbers to MXP50 on fh and a boosted MXS on my bh.

Reactions: hclnnkhg