Timo boll 30th anniversary contract edition (G-FLESS handle) limited edition gold tag

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2022
Hi guys,

I’ve just recently saw an announcement about this blade. What are your thoughts about it? Is it worth buying from the point of view as a collector? It’s around 55,000 yen in Japan (415 USD at exchange rate or so) for just an ALC blade with gold tag also available ONLY in FL handle (like all the other gold tags BTY blades except vis golden), or do you think that it could be a smarter move to wait for a timo boll alc with this new handle technology or maybe a timo boll super alc as a farewell blade?

IMG_6274.jpeg

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This looks really weird. New handle material that easily deforms doesn't sound great.

"Due to the characteristics of the material, the surface of G-FLESS is easily damaged and may deform if pressed strongly. Also, the texture and color will change as you use it. *All rackets can be used
for large ball matches . If you process the , there is a risk of impairing the performance and quality . We recommend that you take it and check the feel before purchasing."

also strange to only make a Timo Boll anniversary blade in flared when he uses a straight handle.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
This looks really weird. New handle material that easily deforms doesn't sound great.

"Due to the characteristics of the material, the surface of G-FLESS is easily damaged and may deform if pressed strongly. Also, the texture and color will change as you use it. *All rackets can be used
for large ball matches . If you process the , there is a risk of impairing the performance and quality . We recommend that you take it and check the feel before purchasing."

also strange to only make a Timo Boll anniversary blade in flared when he uses a straight handle.
I wonder if it deforms to the shape of the individuals hand. Like how a shoe needs to be broken in. Probably not unfortunately, otherwise this would be listed as a selling point.

It would be nice if other blades had this option in the future.

Reactions: thomas.pong
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
My coach about 10 years ago had a Samsonov SGS, it had a similar foam insert. I remember it got gross pretty quick and started falling apart not too long after that

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Knowing me, I'll probably get one for my collection, although the price is pretty ridic..
lol.

My method to solve the price problem is to limit myself to collecting clones. So I have clones of Harimoto SZLC, HL5, ZJK ZLC. Then I have DHS Fang Bo Carbon and Sanwei F3 Pro, both are low price anyways.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
lol.

My method to solve the price problem is to limit myself to collecting clones. So I have clones of Harimoto SZLC, HL5, ZJK ZLC. Then I have DHS Fang Bo Carbon and Sanwei F3 Pro, both are low price anyways.
No point in collecting clones other than for playing with them.

I only consider collecting when a blade has value, either $$$ or sentimental.

Other blades I buy to test, then resell the ones that don't suit me. I'm pretty done with testing blades after the W968 though, it really has everything I was looking for. Unless something truly different comes out which nothing has in 15 years.

Rubbers, I'm a little more keen, especially Made in Japan and non-German ESN's.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
No point in collecting clones other than for playing with them.

I only consider collecting when a blade has value, either $$$ or sentimental.

Other blades I buy to test, then resell the ones that don't suit me. I'm pretty done with testing blades after the W968 though, it really has everything I was looking for. Unless something truly different comes out which nothing has in 15 years.

Rubbers, I'm a little more keen, especially Made in Japan and non-German ESN's.
Have you tested the Harimoto S-ZLC? how does it compare to W968?

Do you have a photo or list of your blade collection? I'm just curious

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Have you tested the Harimoto S-ZLC? how does it compare to W968?

Do you have a photo or list of your blade collection? I'm just curious
Yea, I've tested it, it's like a glorified Innerforce ZLC, no need for it, the regular IF ZLC is just fine. The W968 is a touch and feel masterclass in comparison. I'd play with the Acoustic Carbon, IF ZLC or Ma Lin Carbon is it wasn't for it.

I don't have an updated list of my collection anymore, I'll work on updating that eventually but I'm too lazy to do it and take pictures. I have too many blades, many I should be selling only keeping a few Gold and Black tags. I'll work on that instead, and just really enjoying playing with the 968 and boosted H3.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
My coach about 10 years ago had a Samsonov SGS, it had a similar foam insert. I remember it got gross pretty quick and started falling apart not too long after that
Butterfly adds an asterisk to their sticky rubbers that the surface "especially" around the Butterfly logo might look dim compared to the rest of the area so I wouldn't put much into Butterfly's asterisks. If their solution was crap they wouldn't sell it, this much we can trust Butterfly with.

That being said there are blades where the handles get more grippy when they are moist. Heck, on some blades I make the handle moister with my sweat to have a better grip.

Reactions: Scarfed Garchomp
Jul 2014
Yeah he wrote that himself in a German forum. He said he sweats a lot so BTY produced special blades for him.
I wonder how often he switches blades, rubber products absorb oils and the rubber overgrips and even grip tape become disgusting after a while

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2022
Found this on a Chinese forum. No copyright infringement intended.

Credits to the owner.

Here we can appreciate what Shifu was talking about. IMHO, I don’t know why butterfly haven’t released a BTY TB ALC with this handle option before for an additional cost and instead of that they release the 30th anniversary edition.

Always Timo was the most “transparent” figure of BTY about his equipment and now is like “by the way guys, actually I was using a custom blade handle since 2016, sorry not sorry for lying”.

Also BTY on its sponsorship page list of athletes they never put an “*” on Timo’s equipment, making believe the public that the ALC model is actually the closest one to the pro/custom version.

Attachments

• IMG_6308.jpeg
    IMG_6308.jpeg
    160.6 KB · Views: 273
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
This seems to be legit. I went back to the video where he glues his 6 new rackets. This is visible there as well. Now that I know where to look it's very obvious.

1680680246353.png

Let's not be naive too much, sponsored players don't get the same Dignics or Tenergy or blades that are on the shelf.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2022
This seems to be legit. I went back to the video where he glues his 6 new rackets. This is visible there as well. Now that I know where to look it's very obvious.

View attachment 24871

Let's not be naive too much, sponsored players don't get the same Dignics or Tenergy or blades that are on the shelf.
Thanks for sharing! I was also looking for that video.

I totally agree that sponsored players don’t get the same rubbers or blades availables on the market, but since BTY updates its data matrix about pro equipment frequently it’s a bad move to hadn’t clarify that at the required time. It’s like lying, that wouldn’t be important. But timo in most of his videos says that his equipment is nothing special and is available to all, he said that he only chooses a heavier rubber, etc.