Timo Boll ALC vs. ZLF

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
Hello,
I am looking for a new blade and my search is almost over, but I have come across a problem.
I would like to buy the ALC or the ZLF, but I don't know which bests suits my style.
I have heard that the ZLF is better close to the table and the ALC is better far from the table.
But my playstyle suits both, I like to play short and by the table, and I would love to have some control there.
But at the same time I love to play far off the table.
I am planning to play with a regular Tenergy 05 on FH, and aurus soft on BH, good choice?
Is it a major difference? What do you guys suggest?
Thanks in advance,
Arne.

Last edited:
says Where will table tennis be in the future? And what ideas...
says Where will table tennis be in the future? And what ideas...
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Hello,
I am looking for a new blade and my search is almost over, but I have come across a problem.
I would like to buy the ALC or the ZLF, but I don't know which bests suits my style.
I have heard that the ZLF is better close to the table and the ALC is better far from the table.
But my playstyle suits both, I like to play short and by the table, and I would love to have some control there.
But at the same time I love to play far off the table.
I am planning to play with a regular Tenergy 05 on FH, and aurus soft on BH, good choice?
Is it a major difference? What do you guys suggest?
Thanks in advance,
Arne.

Hi Arne, they are both very similar so either will be a good choice, the zlf will mayb hav a better feel for short play and alc will be slightly harder feel, as for rubbers depends what standard you are? Tenergy is obviously most popular but haven't heard about this aurus rubber.

Reactions: Arne