Timo Boll ZLF

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
i have a friend who trained for 2 months in china, he mentioned that the most popular shakehand blade there is clipper wood and donic carbo system off, even if you are a total beginner coaches tell students to get the clipper, for cpen its the YEO and rosewood V

out of the topic but i would just like to mention that the rubbers they use there according to my friend its always H3 or H3 neo on FH and either desto F1 or hammond pro alpha/beta on BH, tenergy is not even popular in china, atleast on the local clubs

what about ebenholz & rosewood series??are they popular???
the guy from the store(from Sweden) that i bought rosewood xo said that xo is very popular in China.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
what about ebenholz & rosewood series??are they popular???
the guy from the store(from Sweden) that i bought rosewood xo said that xo is very popular in China.

i think xo is a fairly new blade? my friend went to train in china march 2011 so maybe xo was not yet available? not sure but he didnt mention it, RW V is popular but as cpen blades, i think if i remember correctly another popular blade there is the donic ovtcharov senso V1. ill try ask him again if xo is popular there

This user has no status.
I would say that is right. From the collector side of things, it is worth having the Clipper.

But I would also say that almost every single pro I know that is in NYC and is originally from China is using a Clipper. :) Must be something to that. :)

Can Wang, Wang Chen, Hiroka Ooka, Lily Yip, Hippo (his real name is too complicated for most of us NYC people to learn). I don't think Jennifer Wu uses a Clipper and I don't know what Taylor Wang uses, but, I would say that list is a list of excellent players over 2500 who all use a Stiga Clipper.

I would also say that in spite of DHS sponsorship, Wang Liqin using a Stiga Clipper without bothering to put the DHS handle on it says something as well.

So go for it. With a blade that good and that inexpensive in comparison to other blades, how could you miss. :)

So much for two weeks, I got my Clipper CR in 7 days, finally.:eek: Guess it's WRB. huhu but I guess even TBS has a slight hollow handle if one ever encountered one. Clipper CR-WRB.jpg

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
So much for two weeks, I got my Clipper CR in 7 days, finally.:eek: Guess it's WRB. huhu but I guess even TBS has a slight hollow handle if one ever encountered one.View attachment 2408

Nice. Let us know how you like it when you have played with it enough to know how it works for you.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
tell me, do we need to seal the Clipper? the whole thing ? just finished the handle part.

If you put finish on the handle, I would put finish on the blade surface. It will last longer and play better that way. It is, of course up to you. I do finish my handle as well. Not many people do. But, I think, it is more important with a Stiga blade like the Clipper to finish the blade face and edges. That is my experience and opinion. :)

This user has no status.
If you put finish on the handle, I would put finish on the blade surface. It will last longer and play better that way. It is, of course up to you. I do finish my handle as well. Not many people do. But, I think, it is more important with a Stiga blade like the Clipper to finish the blade face and edges. That is my experience and opinion. :)

Now, your experience serves me well..:eek::):p not only did i seal my Clipper clone (Joola Viva), but the real CR also suffered the same fate:rolleyes:, on the face and around the sharp edges:cool:. Thanks very much for your inspiration, Carl.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Now, your experience serves me well..:eek::):p not only did i seal my Clipper clone (Joola Viva), but the real CR also suffered the same fate:rolleyes:, on the face and around the sharp edges:cool:. Thanks very much for your inspiration, Carl.

You are welcome. And one more piece of info: I sand the edges, on the wings, so it does not dig into my hand (base of thumb). :)

The Joola Viva is not just a Clipper clone. I believe they just buy that wood for the Stiga factory and have their own handle put on it. It is exactly the same. :) Good blade.

This user has no status.
How does the Yinhe M-5 and M-6 compare to clipper and also the donic ovtcharov senso v1.
I need to buy a new blade. And these are some of my options or I will end up buying a new pg7. But I want to try some other blades and if they are faster than the pg7 with good feeling even better.
I have been reading all over the web and asking some member about blades but I still dont know what to do.
According to a lot of websites the clipper should be the best match with the H3 and I also read the Yinhe M-5 is a clone of the original clipper because stiga happens to change some characteristic of their blades.
Thanks in advanced

This user has no status.
Nice. Let us know how you like it when you have played with it enough to know how it works for you.

It's about Stiga Clipper CR.

They come rough, unpolished gem.

So, in order for one to appreciate this magnificient 7-ply blade, one has to do few things necessary to like 'em further.

What I did was I :

1. asked those who have actually used them I mean for real -- whether it's worth the try. seriously, you have to ask around.

2. next, after listening to some very good advice, i sealed the blade with the ever reliable andro free sealer. well now i think i should sell some of those !

3. when new, the sharp edges on the wings of this blade have to be sanded down using 600 grit sandpaper.

4. not enough, after the sealing and all, i can't help to think that the handle still feels rough sending messages to the brain I gotta sand the handle. so, i took 1K grit sandpaper and started to deal with it. well in the end, had to reseal the handle once again.

5. you see it's tough to deal with this raw material but with spirit and perseverance you will prevail

6. after all that she'd done to me, i still love her, my current blade.

7. cos she has already paid my trust today and let me taste how it feels to win again. it is gonna be a long long relationship ahead.

that's how I love my current blade.

Last edited: