TOO MANY FRAUDS.

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
Good to see China joined Italians' efforts aiming to preclude the mass fraud on long pimps.
You can get the Yinhe friction tester from China domestic retailers, pricing about 45 30 USD.

CTTA stay positive in favour of the friction tests, as being frustrated about the ubiquity of cheaters at provincial competitions all over country. The large abundance of frauds in the sport will bring the game into public disrepute. Thus, IOC may consider to eliminate the sport of table tennis from Olympic programme. To all evidence, Table tennis is steadely growing into Empire of Frauds, sorry to say.

O1CN01eRtOw21dDYzkh8w1E_!!39833702.jpg Yinhe  контрольная панель.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Russians have been proven to be the biggest frauds, hence they out of the IOC for now.

Hm.. last I check, there wasn't many long pip players at the OG, can you tell me which TT Olympian has a problem that could cause TT to be striped of Olympic status?

You talk a lot of nonsense. These Yinhe kits has been proven by many to be non reliable. There are other brands that are better suited for accuracy. But I'm not here to talk about that and something is indeed better than nothing (so I'm okay with having Yinhe kits around)

What could cause TT to loose its Olympic status is sustainability.
Wood used in the blade is a big problem and anti UN/IOC views.
The discussion of reducing the natural wood in blades has started and put into vote last AGM (but didn't go through, as time was not enough to switch), but i'm sure within the next 2 or 3 years, we will see the new ruling coming into affect.
Already, EU has policies in place on the issue of wood / sustainability. So if the TT manufacture can not confirm such wood is procured with sustainability in mind, the sale of these blades in EU are illegal. An idea is, plant as much trees as the wood you are selling is okay.

Hopefully my post could give some proper info, than OP's unreal (fake) news on the bigger treat of TT loosing Olympic status.

Reactions: Topspinslinger
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
Good to see China joined Italians' efforts aiming to preclude the mass fraud on long pimps.
You can get the Yinhe friction tester from China domestic retailers, pricing about 45 USD.

CTTA stay positive in favour of the friction tests, as being frustrated about the ubiquity of cheaters at provincial competitions all over country. The great abundance of frauds in the sport will drag the game into public disrepute , and, as a richly deserved result , IOC may start a formal procedure to strip olympic status from the sport of table tennis. Table tennis is apparently growing into Empire of Frauds, sorry to say.

View attachment 24949 View attachment 24950
I agree with Igor that any violation of rule 2.4.7 is wrong. whether it is criminal boosting by loopers or the treating of pips & antis. But the problem is that Igor only talks about pips treat cheats though the real ratio of booster cheats to pips/anti cheats is like 200 to 1 (Was 500 to 1 during the speed-glue era)

Now i know I am going to hear nonsense about why I am asking players to use high aspect ratio long pips & if it is not cheating ? It is not cheating because a player needs to get approval from the umpire FISRT to use a rubber not on ITTF LARC and in the case of using high aspect ratio super long pips, teh issue is addressed before a match starts.
But in the case of violation of rule 2.4.7 , the issue cannot be detected before a match starts but given the zero chemical examination of rackets that exists today , chemical cheating will never be stopped.

The whole issue itself started with the 1998 Durban Aspect Ratio Reduction massacre because ITTF made ridiculous claims that the microwaving of TSP P1 Curl by a handful of pips cheats was driving away billions of juniors from the sport etc. But the real reason for the change has nothing to do with any technical merits. It was only about Dr.Neubauer taking business away from Scholer (his equipment dealership called Mickey Scholer) with his many many long pips similar to TSP P1 Curl. But the big problem was how ITTF went about even that all wrong because ITTF assumed that no one would notice the simple fact that all the top choppers were not using TSP P1 Curl but were using Feint Long. (A few top players started using P1r AFTER the 1998 change not before the change. This included Joo Sae Hyuk the GOAT himself, who switched to P1 Curl in desperation after failing narrowly in so many winnable matches when he had to use Feint Long 2…………..if he & other world class top choppers (including Matsushita himself who was also using Feint Long Classic) have challenged the 1998 Durban change, Joo Sae Hyuk would have won all those matches easily (but he lost so closely).
But then Scholer’s (& Sharars’s) comedy of errors show continued after 1998. Dr.Neubauer simply changed few other pip design parameters and started making even more deception based rubbers and was laughing all the way to the bank (I am still waiting for my commission check from Dr.Neubauer for protesting loudly after 1998) . A very pissed of Scholer then tried to contain the damage by passing the Pip Density Regulation of 2004. But that did not work either & so Scholer had to resort to his nuclear option, the 2008 Frictionless Pips ban.
The problem I have with Scholer is that he made a video on how to twiddle a same color (black / black) racket to boost sale of rubbers for his TT equipment dealership & this was before Dr.Neubauer started to become more popular. So how is it that Scholer suddenly found religion and God about deceptive rubbers all of a sudden & started changing one rule & regulation after another ? Scholer was an amazing player but he should never ever have been on of all places the equipment committee of the ITTF . Given his being an equipment dealer that was a monumental conflict of interest.
Personally I do see the point with the two color rule & the 2008 FP Ban but I also strongly oppose those two rules only in the context of rampant speed-glue & booster cheating that according to ITTF (not me) can be a criminal violation of the common law. I do agree that randomizing rubber behavior by deliberate product design to increase deception , as Dr.Neubauer has done is not healthy for the sport especially from the perspective of presentation of the sport to non-table-tennis players,
But I think went about all this the wrong way because veteran players prefer deception based rubbers & at the veteran level tabletennis is not a spectator oriented sport but is a player oriented sport. So if you try to shove the rules designed for young players down the throats of veterans, they are not going to like it.
ITTF designs rules for youth & pro players & expects veteran or amateur players to accept it by default.
This is why the 4 part approach by http://WdTTF.com with different sets of rules for 4 different player groups youth, all age (pro) , veteran & para is a far superior approach to promoting the sport among all segments of player population.
This is also why I also feel WTT (pro & youth) & ITTF (veterans, amateurs & para) must have different rule sets.
There were also other bizarre happening during this period of turmoil. Sweden tried to pass a stupid rule (to maintain the supremacy of their Dream Team 2) in early 90’s that would have required the rubbers on two sided of the racket to be identical. Thankfully it failed miserably. But then sometime around early 2010’s Sweden did a 180 degree turn around and tried to get the FP Ban of 2008 repealed because of they now had a top player called Fabian Akerstrom. Funny thing about is was that Fabian gave all Dream 2 players lote of problems (though older now) except Waldner but Waldner himself supported the repeal of the 2008 FP Ban for the sake of Fabian.
But it may be too late because on the women’s side as more and more women at all levels have switched to deception based rubbers out of desperation & it is increasing on the men’s side as well though non-deception based rubber users like choppers have been all but completely exterminated.

Last edited:
says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
ITTF stays adamant about the slicky pips.
________
A time ago, ITTF did confirmed their long adopted standpoint regarding the low friction pimples, as follows:
-- Randomness of any form should be avoided in the sport as much as possible. We don 't want our sport to eventually take a character of a gambling game of chance.
Erratical, irregular bounce as being produced by the low-friction pips will cause frequent unforced errors, just a minor chance left for you to unveil the riddle, and minor chance for you to play the ball back.
Yes, we feel most determined to deploy the friction test worldwide, with the ultimate purpose to get all the cheaters out of the sport.

ittf_news_2019 .jpg

Last edited:
says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
RUBBERS MOST DESIRED, MOST SOLD.
Don't ask me names, please.

A fellow umpire of mine has related an interesting case that took place in a lower league tournament. A participating player approached to him asking for friction test on his spare set of rubbers long pips. All three rubbers being in mint condition, and all of them did failed in the test. It is to say that some rubber suppliers still going on producing the low friction products in utter defiance to ITTF minimum friction limit of 0.5.

That is that, money doesn't smell. So, crooky and yet clever suppliers looking to make money anyhow, catering the need of old farts. The aged guys looking for non-grippy pips, too.

tzW8_oDO4uo.jpg

Last edited: