trying to put things in the right way

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Interesting. I guess it depends on the blade. My Allround Evolution is lighter than my TB ZLF. Part of the vibrations is what helps you feel the ball better. Usually you get used to differences in weight quickly. It will be slower than what you had. It will be interesting to hear how you like it.

I personally don't love thin rubber, but hopefully the new setup helps give you the extra control you were looking for.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 7 reviews
Been too lazy to change my signature but now I'm using my Xiom Vega Japan on my FH and Vega Pro on my backhand on my stiga allround evolution.

Vega is definitely noticeably slower than Tenergy. I used them on my Earth 1 for a while but the setup just didn't feel right. The Vega series don't have a very grippy surface (which is a very good thing is many ways) and I was not getting the same kind of spin on similar (thin) contact. It felt that the ball was leaving the harder outer plies a bit too quickly for me to engage the blade and sponge. I really needed to be much more precise with my timing and contact to create heavy topspin as the sponge had to be engaged more as well. My backhand has been a complete stroke for me for a while now and I was still able to time the ball well there if I was in the right position but I was not able to hit the ball that precisely with my forehand the majority of the time.

I stuck them on my old Allround NCT and the softer outer plies are really helping me spin the ball a lot more. My opponent today was constantly surprised as I was generating more spin than usual, especially from the forehand side. I thought about putting the rubbers on my ZJK ALC but I'm not really sure about using a carbon blade as wood just feels nicer to me. The ALC is a controllable carbon blade with pretty decent spin potential and it is very good over the table for powerful flicks but I wanted to try the Allround NCT + Vega Pro combination first. I had switched from the ALC to the Earth 1 because it was too fast for me with Tenergy but I do think that it would be controllable with the Vega series.

Anyway, I was really pleasantly surprised at how much I liked limba as an outer ply. Blocking and flicking were definitely more precise with the ALC or the Earth 1 but those are relatively strong parts of my game. There is definitely a lack of speed though, which is why I'm really eyeing the Virtuoso or the Virtuoso+. I think something right in between the ALC and the Allround Evolution would be great for me. I'm not sure which of the Virtuoso blades that would be though :)

I think you are changing your gear too much. One year of training is not a lot and you are supposed to misread some balls, but getting used to your blade and rubbers can help a lot.

If you like the way your setup feels, keep it and keep training your strokes that you will improve. If you have a good time training it's probable that you need to improve your footwork and ball reading on matches. The former you should work on when training, but reading the ball is something you will get better with the time and experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Just got the blade today : the stiga allround evo looks different to the tb alc, the surface of the stiga blade is a bit taller than the tb and more "oval", the handle is round and not square, these things made the blade heavier than the tb alc, despite of the 1.8mm of the xiom Vega pro, it is still a little bit heavier than my former setup (tb alc t05 max and r7s max). I hope this will not give me trouble x)
I have bounced the ball and I feel the vibration of the blade which is a lot than with the tb alc !
Well I will test this monday, be ready for the feedback !

Shinhyun, the Stiga Allround Evolution that I modified to ADD 25 grams + to it is a forum legend know as the Beast Mod, one of the first i showed pics of, yet I had been modding some of my blades like this a while.

You will like the Allround Evolution, and like it moar if you make it heavy down low.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
Well well well.
After not playing for one week, today, I have played 2h with the new setup :
First impressions : it is fast but not as fast as tb alc t05 and r7s but "almost" the same ! I found the Vega pro quite like my t05 (after 60hours), just a little bit slower but nearly looks the same (hardness : it is quite hard ! I need to hit well if I want the ball "hit" the wood plies even more than with the t05). Maybe my fh is good and I was able to adapt quickly.
The overall blade is as I said a little bit heavier, but still is playable... Just sometimes when I swinged my arm to fast, the weight of the blade made my arm "overextended". My elbow hurts a little bit after playing 2h but it is fine.
Well I feel more the ball, I have more control, surprisely, my bh strokes are better with the Vega pro than with the r7s.
I didn't do matches yet.
To resume, my strokes are better specially my bh, the weight is a little bit heavier but I think I will get used to it, I have more control but not that much more (maybe the tb alc is a very a very good control blade after all) and this is the first day ! With time, the rubber will become slower that will give me an extra control. From now I will stick with this setup for a long time to get used to it and to improve my technique specially my bh topspin.

And if I can film myself, I will post here with pleasure !

PS : thx for reading this and giving me these advices, I hope my english was good enough for you guys !

Last edited: