Ultimate battle between Viscaria and W968

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Vis is harder than both FZD and LGY. Golden Vis is even harder than Vis with more crisp.

See if you can try a friend's Vis before buying a Golden Vis. It's quite expensive, not easy to resell as FZD had ditched Goden Vis
Golden Vis is easy to resell, but it's super expensive, like the price of a 968 #1-3.

I was lucky to find/buy a used for for 1/3 of the price, and a new one for 1/2.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
Vis is harder than both FZD and LGY. Golden Vis is even harder than Vis with more crisp.

See if you can try a friend's Vis before buying a Golden Vis. It's quite expensive, not easy to resell as FZD had ditched Goden Vis
I have a Viscaria that I like a lot, I imagined that a golden Viscaria would be the equivalent of a W968 to an HL5

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
I have a Viscaria that I like a lot, I imagined that a golden Viscaria would be the equivalent of a W968 to an HL5
Possibly.

I'll have to try my used Golden soon, I've had it for several months but I know if my regular 85g Viscaria is too fast for me, this at 95g will be even faster.

On the other end, I'm curious about its feel and quality and seeing if it's not so metallic and is tone down in vibrations. I'm too focused on enjoying my W968 right now but I'll have to finally whip out the Golden Viscaria in a month or two.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wrighty67
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2023
Possibly.

I'll have to try my used Golden soon, I've had it for several months but I know if my regular 85g Viscaria is too fast for me, this at 95g will be even faster.

On the other end, I'm curious about its feel and quality and seeing if it's not so metallic and is tone down in vibrations. I'm too focused on enjoying my W968 right now but I'll have to finally whip out the Golden Viscaria in a month or two.
Did you ever try the Golden? A lot of people say its woodier feeling. Just curious what your impressions were.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Just following up on this thread, I got an used provincial 968, and the head size is indeed smaller at ~158mm. I've shaved my national one down slightly to ~160, but obviously that's still noticeably bigger. The provincial 968 also has a noticeably beefier handle. It fits my hand much, much nicer. In fact, as soon as I switched blades I noticed I was getting better contact with the ball. I think the national 968 shifts around in my hand too much.

I tried fixing that by putting a tennis Wilson Pro overgrip on it (cut to 2/3 length), but then it became too thick. My forearm was actually getting a bit sore from gripping it for a training session. Now I'm trying a Wilson Pro Sensation overgrip which is 25% thinner than the regular version, and this time cut to just 1/2 length. The handle thickness now feels very similar to the provincial 968's (also ~2 grams lighter), and I'll try it out at the club tomorrow to see how it works.

Reactions: rbtitco