VAT in table tennis 11

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Hi,

I use TT11 a lot. I haven't had to pay VAT, charged by Customs, it may be charged at source ie TT11
BUT
IMPORT TAX is the one to watch for, keep your order below £135 (which I think is the max spend BEFORE Import tax is charged by Customs) with other companies that charge for delivery (TT11 doesn't if you spend £50/50 Euro) i make sure the delivery charge plus the price of the goods is below £135, then you know you are not going to get charged Import tax.
Import tax has a sliding scale for the % of tax charged depending on the classification of the goods bought. As an example Electrical goods may incur 15% Import Tax charge, where as Vehicles are 20% Import Tax
I got caught out just after the Brexit agreements kicked in. I bought 3 blades costing about £450, got charged 20 or 25% import tax, that brought the total I paid up to £560!!!! Once bitten twice shy!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2024
Hi,

I use TT11 a lot. I haven't had to pay VAT, charged by Customs, it may be charged at source ie TT11
BUT
IMPORT TAX is the one to watch for, keep your order below £135 (which I think is the max spend BEFORE Import tax is charged by Customs) with other companies that charge for delivery (TT11 doesn't if you spend £50/50 Euro) i make sure the delivery charge plus the price of the goods is below £135, then you know you are not going to get charged Import tax.
Import tax has a sliding scale for the % of tax charged depending on the classification of the goods bought. As an example Electrical goods may incur 15% Import Tax charge, where as Vehicles are 20% Import Tax
I got caught out just after the Brexit agreements kicked in. I bought 3 blades costing about £450, got charged 20 or 25% import tax, that brought the total I paid up to £560!!!! Once bitten twice shy!!!
I've done orders up to £170 and not been charged. Not sure if I've just been lucky or what. Do TT11 have to state value of goods at point of postage? Haven't seen anything on the parcel to indicate the value, so not sure how tax would be applied unless invoice is checked.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
I've done orders up to £170 and not been charged. Not sure if I've just been lucky or what. Do TT11 have to state value of goods at point of postage? Haven't seen anything on the parcel to indicate the value, so not sure how tax would be applied unless invoice is checked.
You can ask to declare the value of the package to be a certain amount, I often ask it to be at 100 USD.
Which puts me below my country's de minimis value (min value for the package to start being taxed).

This user has no status.
There should be an International labeling standard, if I recall correctly that is called label CN22. When I used to live in Switzerland that label could save a lot of money. If package wasn't properly labeled with indication of content and price, customs would open the box and check for receipts inside the box and that would bring to extra custom fees.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
import tax is by the country you live in and not by the seller.
if your country didn't charge you - consider it lucky. Every country has tax laws to charge on personal imports.

if you went through proper declaration - then you are surely going to be charged.
a lot of times, the freight forwarder don't declare fully, or some times each country could have allowances, ie x amount of free per year and under certain values.

Tax is a bit more technical, there could be VAT/GST on the invoice value.
then you could have import duties, that is based on what the product is, and where it is made (country of origin)
in some cases, one would have to pay VAT and Duty, and that could some times "double" the value of the product easily.

So to cut the long story short, go and google the import tax threshold, or even ask the freight forwarder.
To assume there is no tax, because one "got away with it before", is really just being lucky.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
if your country didn't charge you - consider it lucky. Every country has tax laws to charge on personal imports.

if you went through proper declaration - then you are surely going to be charged.
a lot of times, the freight forwarder don't declare fully, or some times each country could have allowances, ie x amount of free per year and under certain values.

then you could have import duties, that is based on what the product is, and where it is made (country of origin)
in some cases, one would have to pay VAT and Duty, and that could some times "double" the value of the product easily.

So to cut the long story short, go and google the import tax threshold, or even ask the freight forwarder.
To assume there is no tax, because one "got away with it before", is really just being lucky.
Had to learn that the hard way when my deliveries started getting a bit more expensive.
I'm aware of the import rules and relevant details because of how often I buy now.
IIRC we have a 12% VAT and 15% duty on "sports equipment". 27% is a lot.

This user has no status.

This also connects to my previous post. In Switzerland you might receive a shipment that is tax free for whatever reason. However if not labeled correctly, customs might need to open the package, do the check and ask for fees just because of the time spent in the check. That for saying, you might be 100% sure the shipment is tax free but still risk to pay fees if seller does not know the tricks. Amazon in example knows very well how to do the paper work.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
This also connects to my previous post. In Switzerland you might receive a shipment that is tax free for whatever reason. However if not labeled correctly, customs might need to open the package, do the check and ask for fees just because of the time spent in the check. That for saying, you might be 100% sure the shipment is tax free but still risk to pay fees if seller does not know the tricks. Amazon in example knows very well how to do the paper work.
there is a customs fee (even if they don't check) every where.
this is an admin processing fee that is the norm and should be charged even on tax free and duty free shipments.

some times you don't get charged this, this is just being lucky.