Viscaria with more control

This user has no status.
Hello everyone :)
I've been playing with a viscaria blade and T05 (forehand) + T05fx (backhand) for 2 years now, and it has been great, as long as I could practice very much to maintain a certain ball feeling, but the thing is that i don't have that much time anymore, and I'm lacking consistency in my passive game, especially when blocking against heavy topspin. Even tho I know the setup doesn't make the player, I was thinking about changing my blade to something viscaria-like cuz I'm still happy with it (especially for powerful shots and counter-topspins), but i would like it to be just a little bit easier to control during passive game (serve/short game/blocking). So just like a viscaria but with a bit more control if u see what I mean.
As my current setup is the only butterfly racket i ever had, i would like to get another blade from them cuz I love it, but i don't know which one, anyone who could help me a little please so I don't do any mistake ? Or maybe i should stick to it ahah
thank u very much ! :)

"as long as I could practice very much to maintain a certain ball feeling"

So you already know the issue... and that's because mastering the T05 requires training almost everyday - this rubber is so sensitive to incoming spin and speed. T05 is wonderful in training conditions, when you have time to get used to your opponent's ball; it is such bliss... but it's a different story in match conditions when every point counts and confidence can go out the window real fast.

Maybe you should consider switiching to more predicatble rubber (linear) because imho Viscaria is not that fast. Had you been on a Primorac carbon I would have suggested going down to a Viscaria but since you're already there..

Reactions: dingyibvs and lulu

mil

This user has no status.

mil

This user has no status.
Nov 2012
Freitas ALC - it is slower than Viscaria, but has more control and spin. But the speed difference between 11.8 and 11.4 should not be that much. Limba outher ply instead of Kiri.