We made a 2023 'Table Tennis Quiz of The Year' and accidentally made it really hard. Giving away 2x rubbers to one random participant.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
Hey TTD Community,

At Racket Insight, we wanted to celebrate the end of 2023 with a quiz covering the different major events in the table tennis world. However, we might have accidentally made it too hard.

As far as I'm aware, nobody has hit 15 out of 15 on the first attempt.

Questions cover everything from the world #1 spot, World Championships, YouTube channels, Olympics qualification and more. There aren't any 'trick' questions, just tests of how well you've been following the news this year.

We already shared this over on Reddit (hi to anyone on both forums!) and the max score claimed was just 13 out of 15. I'd love if the TTD community could give it a try and let me know what score you manage to get.

Oh, and we're giving away any 2x brand new rubbers of your choice, randomly, to one lucky entrant who provides their email. You don't need to give your email to get your quiz score, but I think most players here would enjoy our fortnightly newsletter.

Try the quiz here: https://racketinsight.com/table-tennis/2023-quiz/

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
of course you can't get full scores where no 2 question can't be correct

Adam challenges amateurs in Indonesia and Thailand, while challenge the brothers in France in Xu Xin in China

1702787206409.png

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
of course you can't get full scores where no 2 question can't be correct

Adam challenges amateurs in Indonesia and Thailand, while challenge the brothers in France in Xu Xin in China

View attachment 27791
Ahhh, I wrote all of the questions at the start of the month... BEFORE his latest video with
Xu Xin
. The intention of the question was to cover his series "challenging" amateur players but I totally agree the question lacks clarity as it is.

So, I updated it. Great spot.

Well done getting the last question. It's a little tricky but I think it's definitely gettable with some logic around common worldwide styles and how 'most' players are taught to play.

Reactions: Tony's Table Tennis
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Ahhh, I wrote all of the questions at the start of the month... BEFORE his latest video with
Xu Xin
. The intention of the question was to cover his series "challenging" amateur players but I totally agree the question lacks clarity as it is.

So, I updated it. Great spot.

Well done getting the last question. It's a little tricky but I think it's definitely gettable with some logic around common worldwide styles and how 'most' players are taught to play.
yeah, I gathered that, so that was my answer on number 2 :p
thanks on the last question, that was my thought too, was thinking how those thousands of people would have selected, haha

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
only 12...dang lol
Considering the average score is ~7-8 that's a great score! I'll be sharing the answers in January so you can see which you might have missed out on.

8/15... i better get revising 😶😶

I got the Lin Yun-Ju question right through so im happy.
I'm so excited to see how Lin Yun-Ju performs in 2024. My dark horse for the Olympics title.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2021
Hi, have you chosen a winner yet?
Yes! I did the draw on 2nd January and emailed the winner on the same day.

Crazily, they haven’t responded yet. I’ve given them until Jan 10th 5pm EST and if I still haven’t heard anything I’ll be doing a redraw to find a new winner.

This isn’t the first time I’ve had this happen on a few giveaways I’ve run either.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Yes! I did the draw on 2nd January and emailed the winner on the same day.

Crazily, they haven’t responded yet. I’ve given them until Jan 10th 5pm EST and if I still haven’t heard anything I’ll be doing a redraw to find a new winner.

This isn’t the first time I’ve had this happen on a few giveaways I’ve run either.
what is the email address it comes from??

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
I am definitely super late on getting back to this thread, sorry guys! I'll own that one. I put a 'watch' on this thread but haven't received any notifications in 2024. Does anyone know why? Very frustrating.

Firstly, we did indeed have a winner. T.Chan from Oregon chose a Black Dignics 09C (2.1) and a Red Stiga DNA Platinum XH (2.3).

I asked the winner to send a picture of the rubbers when they arrived (which I've attached). I've also attached an anonymized screenshot of the order confirmation I put in with Paddle Palace.

Hell, I also screen recorded the random number generator I used to select three winners along with all the email receipts for contacting the first 2 winners multiple times. I won't post these publicly as they have private data in them, but they are available if I'm ever audited.

I get that there are a lot of scams around on the internet, but it's also reasonable to give people time and the benefit of the doubt.

If anyone wants the answers, I've put them on the page now: https://racketinsight.com/table-tennis/2023-quiz/

I was expecting maybe a live draw or at least a post to broadcast the winner.
so I guess things are done very discreetly

how many people got full marks?
6 people got 15/15. Out of roughly 650 entries.

So yeah, definitely made it too hard.

I actually saw you unsubscribed a few weeks back and was surprised - I thought our newsletter would be right down your alley. Now I've caught back up in this thread, I guess that all makes sense.

Hopefully the information I've shared helps put the pitchforks away.

I'm also 100% open to any feedback. I try and make sure all our content is as high quality, valuable, and useful as possible but if there are any suggestions to improve I'm all ears.

I got an email and it seems like the rubbers were indeed won by a participant so congrats to him. It took a lot of time tho

I gave the first winner 7 days to respond. The second winner got 5 days to respond. The third winner responded pretty quickly but I didn't want to announce anything until the prize was received. Hence, it was announced towards the end of January via our newsletter, the quiz page, and our Instagram page.

I'm still completely baffled how/why the first 2 winners didn't respond. I have no problems sending/receiving emails to people otherwise.

Attachments

• IMG_4273.jpg
    IMG_4273.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 1707453092229.png
    1707453092229.png
    83.5 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: Johnniedarko