What books have helped you?

says Formely known as gordonluvsu.
says Formely known as gordonluvsu.
Feb 2023
What were some books that you read that helped you in some way or another?

Could be anything from sport psychology over rehab on injuries to some serve tips and tricks book.

A popular one I know is "Inner Game of Tennis".

One that I found/find interesting:

Tao of Jeet Kune Do: New Expanded Edition: Lee, Bruce

Bruce Lee was a really smart and wise man.
And it really shows.

I mostly download eBooks for free online and look for things that I am curious about / interested in.

What books have you read and would like to share something about?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
"Murder in the Squash Court" by seven time world champ Jonah Barrington.
what it takes to be a champ.
"OGI"
the life of Ichiro Ogimura multiple team and world champion my tt hero
who made TT into a truly athletic sport.
Whose example inspired the developing China
and coached Hans Alser European champ and Stellan Bengtsson World Champ
He also was instrumental in persuading North & South Korea to play as a unified country.
A true internationalist who always thought of the bigger picture

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2024
Books that have helped:

golf beneath the surface
passion paradox
do hard things
never finished
can't hurt me
science of running
rafa

Books that would have helped me when I was new:

table tennis tactics for thinkers
winning table tennis
get your game face on

Books that didn't help: (avoid at all costs)

ITTF coaching manual
Relentless (Tim S Grover)
Winning (Tim S Grover)

Can you please upload a photo of the Table of Contents?
There is a few mor chapters on tactics at the end.
- compact text
- big illustrations

The downside is the player pics, doesn’t look like a player but she is and the author is for real and a great coach. He originates from Larissa in Greece and is currently a coach for Spårvägen Stockholm Sweden.

Cheers
L-zr

Attachments

• IMG_0723.jpeg
    IMG_0723.jpeg
    96.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0721.jpeg
    IMG_0721.jpeg
    68.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0725.jpeg
    IMG_0725.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 21
Last edited:
says Blood, sweat and gears!
says Blood, sweat and gears!
Sep 2022
Bounce by Matthew Syed. Huge confidence booster, especially if you've had one of those days that just has not gone your way in practice, or a match. Its all about the 'myth' of talent, and how practice really is the only way to go. Brilliant read, would recommend to anybody, not just TT players.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Bounce by Matthew Syed. Huge confidence booster, especially if you've had one of those days that just has not gone your way in practice, or a match. Its all about the 'myth' of talent, and how practice really is the only way to go. Brilliant read, would recommend to anybody, not just TT players.
Whilst I definitely enjoyed Bounce I can't help but feel that it's a case of history as written by the victors.

says Master blocker
says Master blocker
Mar 2015
Read 1 reviews
There is a few mor chapters on tactics at the end.
- compact text
- big illustrations

The downside is the player pics, doesn’t look like a player but she is and the author is for real and a great coach. He originates from Larissa in Greece and is currently a coach for Spårvägen Stockholm Sweden.

Cheers
L-zr
Thank you very much!
If it's not too much trouble, can you please upload the titles of the remaining chapters on tactics?

Concerning the author, actually I do know him personally.
We've met during a training camp some years back, but we've lost contact.
I didn't know that he has moved to Sweden. How many years is the coach of Sparvagen?

Thank you very much!
If it's not too much trouble, can you please upload the titles of the remaining chapters on tactics?

Concerning the author, actually I do know him personally.
We've met during a training camp some years back, but we've lost contact.
I didn't know that he has moved to Sweden. How many years is the coach of Sparvagen?
He’s been in the club for about a Year, don’t know how long he has been in the country… He is our coach now and very much liked.

Please don’t ask for another one it’s a major league pia…

Cheers
L-zr

Attachments

• IMG_0726.jpeg
    IMG_0726.jpeg
    135.6 KB · Views: 14
says Master blocker
says Master blocker
Mar 2015
Read 1 reviews
He’s been in the club for about a Year, don’t know how long he has been in the country… He is our coach now and very much liked.

Please don’t ask for another one it’s a major league pia…

Cheers
L-zr
No that's ok I'm completely covered, don't need any more pics.
Thank you very much, I really appreciate it and sorry for the trouble I've put you though.
I'm really interested in getting it but it's an expensive one and just wanted to take a look of the subjects that are covered.

No that's ok I'm completely covered, don't need any more pics.
Thank you very much, I really appreciate it and sorry for the trouble I've put you though.
I'm really interested in getting it but it's an expensive one and just wanted to take a look of the subjects that are covered.
I know, I asked him why it was so compact and he told me it was really expensive to get it printed so he had to compress it as much as possible.

Cheers
L-zr

says Master blocker
says Master blocker
Mar 2015
Read 1 reviews
I know, I asked him why it was so compact and he told me it was really expensive to get it printed so he had to compress it as much as possible.

Cheers
L-zr
Yes it's totally expected that the printing cost to be high for specialized books that will be printed in very limited numbers, since they are adressed to a very small "audience".

Reactions: Lazer
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2024
Inner game of tennis is a good read, very old but good. It's kind of the precursor / introduction to the more detailed books I mentioned above. Also Winning Ugly is interesting too. Especially for people who realise how ridiculous it is to play / train like the CNT.

Reactions: allencorn