What company would you like to be sponsored by?

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Yasaka and Nittaku. Both have a really good history of sponsoring players from a young age and those players tend to stay with them after growing up.

For example, Yasaka was the first brand to sponsor Harimoto before Butterfly "bought him out". Butterfly wasn't really that good at identifying future talents.

Nittaku used to have a blog site a decade or so ago that kept track of the development of their young sponsored players, sort of a diary with comments and pictures. Nittaku was also one of the rare Japanese brands to give DHS a helping hand (technology transfer). As a goodwill, they literally gave them the schematics of the celluloid ball making machine and since then DHS has given Nittaku exclusive access to their rubbers, blades and player sponsorships.

That's the reason I still buy their stuff from time to time.

Jan 2018
Below is a recent event organized by Nittaku in their mission of "connecting table tennis and players", where the sponsored players make a guest appearance to introduce table tennis to the next generation.

Reactions: Scarfed Garchomp
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
DHS has the most expensive gear. W968, H3 National
W968 might be one of the most expensive blades one could buy new but Butterfly also makes custom blades for their players that are not available on the market or just try to get a black tag Viscaria. Maybe this unused first gen Viscaria https://www.ebay.com/itm/304834630075 for just 25000 USD...
€687.82 for a Nittaku blade https://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/nittaku-eto-blade-2023-usagi or some Darker blades.
H3 National is only the most expensive rubber if bought from the wrong shops. TTNPP.com or Prott.vip sell the blue sponge H3 national for USD 52/55.

Back on topic: DHS and Li-Ning for rubbers, shoes and clothing. Yasaka or 729 for blades. They just make blades that feel right (for me) and that for a reasonable price. If especially Yasaka had a good distributor in Germany (Donic is imo not the right company to do that).

Reactions: PaddyPolar
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Rolex. I want to make million and million of dollars. I don't care about Butterfly or Stiga. I want Rolex, Louis Vuitton, etc. etc. Anyway what I am also trying to say is that table tennis is such a niche market. I hope that the popularity of the sport will expand so professional table tennis players (outside of China) can make a good living.

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
Our own young hopeful is now contracted with Giant Dragon. Under contract Treaty, they supplied all kinds of materials and garments. Formal Request for Sponsorship is needed as well as promo video. We're all happy about the agreement completed.