What do you think of Speed Gluing?

says Yo oskar, er stian fra randesund
says Yo oskar, er stian fra randesund
Jun 2011
Hey.

What do you think about people that a speed gluing after it got illegal by ITTF,
I think i sucks that i got illegal because i like to speed glue, and
my forhand rubber get speed and spin. its just beautiful. and talking about the click,
it gives you the most awesome click when you loop.

so all in all, i want gluing to get legal again

Cheers
Stian

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
It is a sad thing that it is taken out of the game. But nowadays everyone has adjusted I think, and you don't miss it anymore until you play with speed glue again. The development of VOC-free glue is only just beginning, so who knows what that is gonna bring us. Maybe legal speed glue will be as good as the old glue within a couple of years. But I have to say the replacements (glue-effect rubbers) are actually good.

says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
I agree with you Stian, speed glue should be legal. I can say that it doesnt affect my health either, since ive been using all sorts off VOC-glues for many years.. Ive stopped now, but still I think it should be legal again. Its something social about it to :)

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
Ridiculous ruling is all I can say..it's as if we are all a bunch of glue sniffer. As long as gluing are done at a well ventilated are, I should think it is perfectly fine. Certain rubbers smell differently after awhile, maybe they're gonna ban that as well? In case there are rubber sniffers among us and getting high sniffing the stuff.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Well I think u need to keep in mind that the ban was mostly because the Olympic Comittee said they would not let table tennis come back to the Olympics if nothing would be done about the speed glueing. We all know that it is okay, but that incident where someone died (I thought) was a signal for the Comittee so they thought it was dangerous and did not stroke with the Olympic values. So even though it is a shame maybe, it is very understandable given the way it all went.

Mar 2011
Noted, but because of one casualty where most probably the direct cause of his own negligence, the table tennis world should made to pay for it. I mean, if you're playing doubles and accidentally hit your doubles partner on the head while trying to retrieve a ball, and your partner died because of it, do they really going to ban wood blades and replace it with cushion blades?

Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
Agree with Azlan. And maybe, if your racket slips out of your hand, hits the table and bounces onto your opponent... Maybe they should ban TT from the Olympics at all?

Football is also danderous, it can cause serious damage to your body while playing, maybe they should ban that to?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
I know what u guys mean, but u have to admit that glueing is different from all the things u mention. Those happen ingame. There are not many sports I think that have glue-like activities to do around their matches. I think they did not really have a standard to handle this, and they may have made a wrong decision. The same thing is to say for celluloid. I heard it is going to be stopped because it is flamable and when a big stock of balls get on fire it might lead to explosions. So yes there is some logic behind it, but the question if it ever would cause problems if you don't ban it always remains.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Sometimes I miss speedglueing so much! Mostly because of the insane speed and awesome 'click'!! But it's okay it was Banned. Now i don't have to change my blade if one of the rubbers soaks to much flue and just dies when you hit it. And with the tensor rubbers today you always have the same feeling and not mixed results like with the speedglue!! We all know that it can vary much after each glueing!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Haha thanks Azlan. The ban came when I just glued like 1yr and only one layer, so for me the change wasn't that big. I think for young talent it is good that they grow up without glue, because if you start with fast rubbers early on you ruin your short game and tactics. So I'm okay with it.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
When I was a kid and played speed glue was the thing but I remember my technique was not good enough for it to make sense for me to reglue. I did not play from 1991 to 2009. When I started playing again I found out that they had banned speed glue. At the time I thought it was lame that they banned it. I have used boost to enhance the performance of some rubbers, but I don't think it really matters that much. I prefer having good rubbers and not having to mess with them all that often. Probably if speed glue was not banned i would use it and say I loved it. It does feel wild. There is some tire glue you can get that is really the same stuff as what they used to sell as speed glue only it has a better speed glue effect than any of the glue that Table Tennis companies sold: more VOCs. I forget the name of it. If I find out I will post it here. For those of you who want to use speed glue. :)