What is the spinniest ESN hybrid rubber for Joola Flash ball? (seamless ball)

have any of you measured the weight of Rakza 7 after it is cut and compared it with another? Once you boosted it the residue will add to the weight.
The last two I used was 49g for max and 46.5 for 2.0mm both unboosted.

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
My set up weighs 207grams
Rakza Z EH max on FH
Rakza Z max on BH
SDC defensive 7 + 2 ply blade, longer handle than standard plus the Dotec wings add a bit of weight, but because of the longer handle, balance is low, so it’s not really head heavy.
You should do some arm-wrestling with @latej and @Der_Echte 💪

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
You should do some arm-wrestling with @latej and @Der_Echte 💪

Nooooo... That post made me pick the scale and my setup is now only 202g. I thought its 208g. The world is seriously broken...

And armwrestling with Der KOMMT NICHT IN FRAGE!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023

Zwill

Hello! Try the enhanced Jupiter 3 for forehand. I don’t know how he will play with the Joola ball, but it plays perfectly with the DHS Dj 40+. For a long time I played Hurricane 3 on forehand, and I played Hurricane when it was not yet mainstream and everyone around me played sriver and twisted at the temple, looking at my hard sticky slow rubber. Now I play Jupiter 3 and I really like it - the speed is higher; the weight is less - 49-50 gr at hardness 39 thickness max on racket; the stickiness is slightly lower; the durability is comparable and somewhere even higher! - on a hurricane I had bubbles when the topsheet came off the sponge in the center, but on Jupiter 2/3 this has never happened, even if there is a lot of booster, which indicates a high-quality gluing of the topsheet with the sponge at the factory; the price is much lower!
Of the hybrid rubbers, I tried Rakza Z and I can say that Jupiter is better for me, because it is faster, cheaper, more durable and has a completely different trajectory - more gentle, which is very unpleasant for opponents, in addition, you can send the ball without spin, what can not Rakza Z do ...
There is a small fly in the ointment in this barrel of honey - Jupiter must be strengthened.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zwill
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
What sponge hardness are the Rakza Z and 7 Fastarc G1/C1?

Rakza Z is 48-49 (a bit less than advertised), Rakza X is 47-48 (as advertised). Don't have Rakza 7.

Fastarc G1/C1 I have but can't measure now. Eventually will do, latest after 7 weeks. ;-(

Reactions: jammmail
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018

Zwill

Hello! Try the enhanced Jupiter 3 for forehand. I don’t know how he will play with the Joola ball, but it plays perfectly with the DHS Dj 40+. For a long time I played Hurricane 3 on forehand, and I played Hurricane when it was not yet mainstream and everyone around me played sriver and twisted at the temple, looking at my hard sticky slow rubber. Now I play Jupiter 3 and I really like it - the speed is higher; the weight is less - 49-50 gr at hardness 39 thickness max on racket; the stickiness is slightly lower; the durability is comparable and somewhere even higher! - on a hurricane I had bubbles when the topsheet came off the sponge in the center, but on Jupiter 2/3 this has never happened, even if there is a lot of booster, which indicates a high-quality gluing of the topsheet with the sponge at the factory; the price is much lower!
Of the hybrid rubbers, I tried Rakza Z and I can say that Jupiter is better for me, because it is faster, cheaper, more durable and has a completely different trajectory - more gentle, which is very unpleasant for opponents, in addition, you can send the ball without spin, what can not Rakza Z do ...
There is a small fly in the ointment in this barrel of honey - Jupiter must be strengthened.
Which jupiter is it? White pack with blue Jupiter text on it or black pack with that has jupiter 3 Asia on it?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Cool - thanks!

Hi jammmail, I measured the G1/C1 recently. The C1 is 44-45, and G1 is 47, both pretty much as declared and expected. I play with G1 now, after the Rakza X, the transition is seemless. I was afraid that G1 will be significantly more spin sensitive, but I don't have this feeling. It is very slightly softer and 1-2g cut lighter that RX. I like it and absolutely don't regret taking it. But it is too early to say whether I'll go back to RX when the rubber is spent. The C1 I only measured, I won't play with it, it is for a friend.

Approx 10. days ago I had to replace the NHP3TB (bubble) with the H3 BS H41 (and I also replaced the RX with G1). The thing is that this particular H3 H41 doesn't have the declared hardness, I've only gave it 1 light booster layer, and it is barely 50 on Type-O durometer, whereas it should be 54-55. The blade is 15g lighter with the DHS H3 BS H41 vs with the NHP3TB. That is good, but the feeling and response and sound from the sponge was disappointing. However I can play with it, and I don't seem to play better or worse ;-). It is perhaps only my immediate disappointment, which is evaporating.

Anyway, had a chance to play in a tournament this weekend, fantastic action, great people, tried a lot of different setups, played good matches. Writing about equipment doesn't give the proper value to this action but if I had to pick the equipment-related things which are somewhart important for me:

- I'll try the Double Fish Volant Phoenix H40 next time on the FH, very nice (@Zwill mentioned it almost a year ago)
- I like the Tibhar K3 quite a lot on the BH, surprise for me
- tried the same blade (same composition, same maker), as mine, the only diff. is ALC vs. DIOLEN. Diolen is, or quite probably is, the thing used in DHS blades like HL5 and W968. And I really liked the DIOLEN. It is more woody feeling and feels like slower incoming of power. Really good for me. Cheers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Funny you mentioned the Double Fish since I have one in the post as well since Friday. Maybe I'm receiving it on Tuesda
Funny you mentioned the Double Fish since I have one in the post as well since Friday. Maybe I'm receiving it on Tuesday. What are the odds...
A really interesting thread, i am also finding hybrid rubber for my jun zlc blade. Which rubber are you using zwill?
y. What are the odds...