What rubber(s) compare to Fastarc G1?

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
G1 suxs. ESN suxs. Chinese tacky rubber suxs. The only non-suxs rubber is Rozena, the rubber with in-built tolerance effect. It is created to tolerate noobiness. That is why only Rozena and any other choice is wrong.

Gozo: Helping the EJ community since 2021

Last edited:
Reactions: JJ Ng
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
The year was late 2009. Andro Hexer, Donic Baracuda and Tibhar Genius were among the 1st wave, closely followed by Joola Xplode, Nittaku Fastarc G1, Xiom Vega Pro, Yasaka Rakza 7 and others. They are easy to spot. Simply look for the porous sponge, which is an imitation of Tenergy spring sponge.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Don't mean to change the subject, Amazon carries the G1: middle 1.4 and thick 1.8, is that the thickness of the top sheet in mm? Should I buy the thicker one (i.e. 1.8)? TIA
1.8mm and 1.4mm refers to the thickness of the sponge. The top sheet is not part of that equation.

If you attack, then yes, get 1.8mm.

1.4mm is usually for choppers.

Hope this helps.

says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
Aug 2013
Read 3 reviews
G1 is fast, but Dubina's main point is that C1 is better for most players with topspin games - they have similar topsheet, C1 has a slightly softer sponge. It takes a while before some players need to deal with playing off the table and for quite a few players, they can be very consistent with C1 even more than G1. But to me, either rubber is a good choice, but G1 needs more consistent work if you want to be aggressive.
100% correct. I agree totally as I used 6 sheets of G1(forehand) and C1(backhand).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
My G1 literally turned into tenergy 05. It's become softer and more bouncy. I swear I'm cursed. When it was new (3 weeks ago), it was a bit hard but it was near perfect (i realised soft topsheet is more suitable to me). Now it's sponge is just as soft as the T05 I tried.

Big plus is that it's grip is immaculate still.

It's certainly from the factory boosting because it curled after I took it off.
Is it possible for factory boosting from other rubbers to affect others? (if stored in the same drawer)