What rubber(s) compare to Fastarc G1?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
It depends on your blade. If you have a "1200Hz" blade, like a Limba top 5 ply allround, or even the 7-ply Victas Swat or Yinhe U1, the FastArc G-1 is a good rubber. It is not as jumpy as the Butterfly Tenergy, but faster than the Rakza or DHS Hurricane 3 Neo. With a "1300Hz" or "1400Hz" blade (Link) the FastArc G-1 is fast and while fun to play in practice, hard to handle in a tournament, IMHO.
I played the Yinhe Moon (~$12/sheet) for a while and it is 80-90% of the FastArc but only available from various AliExpress sellers. Currently I am playing the DHS Hurricane 3 Neo (~$20/sheet) on the forehand, and I am USATT ~1400, on a Victas Swat "1216Hz" blade. I could probably handle the G-1 too. The G-1 is a tensor rubber so if you glue it yourself you can expect delamination from adhesion problems if your blade is varnished with the "wrong" varnish.

That sounds pretty silly to me. Even 1300-1900 players can use G1 just fine.
I understand it more like getting the most of. Lower players can use pretty much any rubber (he’ll I have no rating at all) but not take full advantage.

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I saw a You Tube video where Samson Dubina says your rating should be at least 2000 (USATT) to use G1. I tried my coach's paddle with G1 and it was very fast.
What rubbers would you compare to G1?

Non-sense. However, players have a consistency that can be measured using a standard deviation. The goal is to have a small standard deviation. Faster equipment effectively widens the bell curve so the standard deviation is larger. The area under the probability curve is always son.
In short, people have control and they also have consistency or lack there of.

Reactions: FrenchFrog33
says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
Jan 2023
Non-sense. However, players have a consistency that can be measured using a standard deviation. The goal is to have a small standard deviation. Faster equipment effectively widens the bell curve so the standard deviation is larger. The area under the probability curve is always son.
In short, people have control and they also have consistency or lack there of.
If my mean is lower than my opponent then I want a bigger standard deviation, no?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I saw a You Tube video where Samson Dubina says your rating should be at least 2000 (USATT) to use G1. I tried my coach's paddle with G1 and it was very fast.
What rubbers would you compare to G1?

G1 is fast, but Dubina's main point is that C1 is better for most players with topspin games - they have similar topsheet, C1 has a slightly softer sponge. It takes a while before some players need to deal with playing off the table and for quite a few players, they can be very consistent with C1 even more than G1. But to me, either rubber is a good choice, but G1 needs more consistent work if you want to be aggressive.

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
NUMBERS RULE THE WORLD.
You know nothing about rubber unless you know the ©Schob rebound index shown by percentage. E. g. Tenergy index is measured at 55%. Numbers always say truth, and human sensory are misleading too much.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
G1 is fast, but Dubina's main point is that C1 is better for most players with topspin games - they have similar topsheet, C1 has a slightly softer sponge. It takes a while before some players need to deal with playing off the table and for quite a few players, they can be very consistent with C1 even more than G1. But to me, either rubber is a good choice, but G1 needs more consistent work if you want to be aggressive.
I did not watch the video. I agree with you that C1 is better for most beginners and intermediate players. G1 is better for people with higher skill level to control it.

However, I have gone back and forth between C1 and G1 without a problem.

I like G1 definitely on a wood blade. I like C1 more on a carbon blade. I just went back from G1 to C1 recently.

G1 is a good rubber. You don't have to be USATT 2000 to use it. I was about 1600 when I started using G1 on 5-ply wood blade. It is a great rubber. Direct and straight to the point. Where you want the ball to go, G1 will literally take you there. Very linear.

I don't know there is an equivalent of G1. It is medium hard sponge (some might argue even it is hard sponge). MX-P has hard sponge but too much catapult so it is not similar to G1. Tenergy 05 is also well known for its catapult effect. Rakza 7 definitely has more catapult effect than G1.

You have to find a harder ESN rubber that is not too catapult. Come to think of it, I have a R47 green on one of my paddles that is probably similar to G1 (I bought it because I wanted a green rubber and it happened to be on sales on Dandoy). Xiom Vega series has some catapult but not too much. I agree X could be similar but even X is more catapulty than G1.

says On a never ending EJ journey
Jun 2023
Do you want to start a thread on that? I know and you know. But lots of people here don't know about that on this forum.....
There was a reddit post about it and also there's been news articles about it. Might not garner as much publicity here since a lot of people on this forum are non-US players.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
There was a reddit post about it and also there's been news articles about it. Might not garner as much publicity here since a lot of people on this forum are non-US players.
I only got hold of that piece of news when I visited Alex Table Tennis forum which is based in Australia. The funny thing is on that forum, Samson Dubina thread got like 64 posts while the Ai Fukuhara thread got a grand total of....drum roll please.... 8 posts.

Here, on TTD forum, that Ai Fukuhara thread blew up like a wild fire. Oh well.....

I hope Samson comes out of it ok.

On the other hand, while looking at USATT website, I did not know that Kanak Jha was suspended for one year due to three whereabouts violation in 12 months. I was wondering why Jha did not compete in the World championship. Now I know why. His suspension was backdated to 12/1/2022. I am glad it was only one year. Apparently two years is the max suspension. An athelete's competitive lifespan is so short that even an one-year suspension is long enough. I cannot imagine getting two years.

I guess the world is just falling apart as we speak.

• Wow
Reactions: SofaChamp
Jun 2023
I only got hold of that piece of news when I visited Alex Table Tennis forum which is based in Australia. The funny thing is on that forum, Samson Dubina thread got like 64 posts while the Ai Fukuhara thread got a grand total of....drum roll please.... 8 posts.

Here, on TTD forum, that Ai Fukuhara thread blew up like a wild fire. Oh well.....

On the other hand, while looking at USATT website, I did not know that Kanak Jha was suspended for one year due to three whereabouts violation in 12 months. I was wondering why Jha did not compete in the World championship. Now I know why. His suspension was backdated to 12/1/2022. I am glad it was only one year. Apparently two years is the max suspension. An athelete's competitive lifespan is so short that even an one-year suspension is long enough. I cannot imagine getting two years.

Trying to even think what kind of drugs could even be used for doping in table tennis. It's not like table tennis is a super physically demanding sport where high levels of endurance or physical strength would be beneficial.
Maybe EPO might help a bit? Maybe addy for energy and concentration?

Thinking about the supplements I take for this sport (caffeine, creatine, electrolytes, glucosamine, sometimes ibuprofen/acetaminophen) - all of them are legal and not sure if the effects are even that great.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews

Alex TT was actually based in Canada. Ooakforum is based in Australia.

The Fukuhara thread would not have blown up the way it did if no one had taken offense to it and argued we were discussing a private matter. Likely related to cultural differences. Though regardless of culture, I don't see how a mother kidnapping a child from the father for over a year is something that we should just take as a private matter.

The Dubina issue, well, there were more contentious issues there since the crimes are allegedly against a minor and many of us have met Dubina at various tournaments and some have a more favorable view of him than others. But let me stop there, no way I can do that thread justice in a summary. Hopefully, we will get more precise information on the nature of what he is being accused of in late August when the trial starts. Like you, I hope it is a misunderstanding of some sort, but if he is guilty of the heinous acts, he should be punished to the full extent of the law.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Trying to even think what kind of drugs could even be used for doping in table tennis. It's not like table tennis is a super physically demanding sport where high levels of endurance or physical strength would be beneficial.
Maybe EPO might help a bit? Maybe addy for energy and concentration?

Thinking about the supplements I take for this sport (caffeine, creatine, electrolytes, glucosamine, sometimes ibuprofen/acetaminophen) - all of them are legal and not sure if the effects are even that great.
I mean after one whereabouts violation, you would think you would be careful. After two wheareabouts violations, you would be walking on thin ice.

I heard from some people commenting on stimulants to help with focus and concentration and some sorts of steroid (I am just guessing) that helps with healing faster from injuries. Those kind of make sense to me.

Reactions: SamTheMan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Alex TT was actually based in Canada. Ooakforum is based in Australia.

The Fukuhara thread would not have blown up the way it did if no one had taken offense to it and argued we were discussing a private matter. Likely related to cultural differences. Though regardless of culture, I don't see how a mother kidnapping a child from the father for over a year is something that we should just take as a private matter.

The Dubina issue, well, there were more contentious issues there since the crimes are allegedly against a minor and many of us have met Dubina at various tournaments and some have a more favorable view of him than others. But let me stop there, no way I can do that thread justice in a summary. Hopefully, we will get more precise information on the nature of what he is being accused of in late August when the trial starts. Like you, I hope it is a misunderstanding of some sort, but if he is guilty of the heinous acts, he should be punished to the full extent of the law.
First of all, @FrenchFrog33, apologize for us hi-jacking the thread. Since you put a link to Dubina's video, it has become a fair game now. Not making up excuses or anything....

Got it. Did not know that Alex table tennis is based in Canada.

I am with you on the Fukuhara thread. I guess some people have not gone through divorce yet and do not understand how serious Ai-chan's action is in the eyes of the law. I mean, what she is doing is literally, driving 100 miles on the freeway, being caught by the police and went on a highway chase with 10 police cars behind her. You cannot flaunt at the law like that. And it is a public matter (or even an internnational matter).

As for Dubina, I don't know him. I have never met him. I highly highly doubt it is just a single isolated incident. If it is, the police would be arresting people left and right. I follow Dubina and many other ping pong people on Instagram. I always thought the timing of the sales of his business was odd. Now it makes more sense. For example, I follow Hu Heming from Australia and he seemed to have had a great time during his residence at the Dubina academy. He made quite a few videos about it. It seems like a great place to be at.

However, if Dubina followed the safesport guidelines, then maybe such accusations would not have happened. I read somewhere that at a basketball camp (or is it part of safesport guideline), at the site, other than the coach, there should be two other adults present at all time and they should not be related to the coach in anyway (no relative). When you think about it, that makes sense. Many clubs (including the one I go to) have camera recording at all time. That makes sense too now. After all the safesport guidelines (or common sense or protocol) nowadays are not only there to protect the kids/players but also there to protect the coach and the owner. Never, ever provide private lessons at your home. Time has changed.

Interestingly one of the coaches complains that he has to coach at the club and has to pay a floor fee to the owner. He rather coaches at students' houses and have them pay him a higher fee. Well, that is probably a disaster waiting to happen. Another female coach also coaches out of her own house too. In today's world, even female coaches should be careful.....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Rakza X is tiny bit harder than G-1, and I'd say it has a tiny bit lower throw. Maybe Rakza X is a bit faster. Anyway, those 2 rubbers are pretty close. I used to play with RX, now with G-1, I like both. Victas V15 Extra might be close too, tried only briefly, very close to RX, maybe a bit faster. So basically, if I want to go a bit more aggressive from G-1, I take RX, and if even more, I take V15 Extra. But still, they are close to each other for me.