What's the weight of your setup and what's the ideal weight of your setup?

says Footwork footwork footwork
  • Fresh T64 on Bty Cypress V- Max jpen ~135g
  • H3 provincial Blue / T64 on Xiom AZX cpen ~185g
I honestly prefer thr lightest possible set up (175ish g for cpen) but I have adjusted well to the Ice Cream's heavier configuration.

For Jpen, it all feels considerably lighter than cpen and I love that.

Last edited:
Reactions: jbvttcc
says On a never ending EJ journey
says On a never ending EJ journey
Jun 2023
You put a thick layer glue, I always put light layer of glue. After you reglue should be around 185-190, thanks for the picture, H2, look really good.
I reboosted my H3N and only applied two thin layers of DHS No 15 this time. Total weight 190g! This thing feels so much more balanced now.

The reason why I used such a thick layer before was because when I first started playing, I used Butterfly Free Chack II and applying thin layers with that glue results in lots of residue that is sooooooo hard to remove. Once I switched to DHS No 15, I couldn't believe that all the glue just came off in one piece.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
I reboosted my H3N and only applied two thin layers of DHS No 15 this time. Total weight 190g! This thing feels so much more balanced now.

The reason why I used such a thick layer before was because when I first started playing, I used Butterfly Free Chack II and applying thin layers with that glue results in lots of residue that is sooooooo hard to remove. Once I switched to DHS No 15, I couldn't believe that all the glue just came off in one piece.
Same story here, I gave up on butterfly glue a few years ago. Once your blade balanced you won't feel any head heavy.

says Feel the ball first.
says Feel the ball first.
Oct 2022
The weight of the setup and the center of gravity of my racket are really key elements for my game, and I think for everyone's game.

When switching from Korbel/Hexer grip/Hexer powergrip sfx/196gr to a lighter and balanced on the handle setup around 185gr, I could notice slightly better control on all strokes but above all on receiving fast serves to my backhand. Also the reduced weight helps a lot in having less pain on wrist and elbow at the end of a training session.

I played the last season with a setup balanced on the handle that weighted 186gr (ZQH90+V22+Platinum M).

For the next season I'm evaluating Xiom 36.5 ALXi+Rakza Z+Donic Z2 which is perfect in 186gr and well balanced. (Side note: I want to slow a little bit my racket and add more control with small tackiness of hybrid rubbers on FH)

I'm also about to try Xiom TMXi with same rubbers. It is almost 190gr and that annoys me, but given the perfect balance on the handle of this blade, it seems almost lighter than ALXi. TMXi is 158x152mm while ALXi is 157x150mm: this explains the weight differences with same rubbers. TMXi seems to me a really well designed and built blade.

Just for reference, I always put 2 layers of gewo glue on rubbers and one on blade.

Reactions: H3R0
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
How are you measuring weight distribution? By balancing your setup on your finger?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
83-84g blades and 181-184g rackets, that's the ideal to me and that's what I'm currently using.
I've been using anything from 179 to 191 before.