What's the weight of your setup and what's the ideal weight of your setup?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Today I got HL5 with 09c on both sides.
This is Korbel + 2 x 09c = 200g and rubbers dont fill head because they was on Viscaria
CjUE4TK.jpeg

And this is HL5(new) with 2x 09c = 191g
YMjEw8E.jpeg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
I gave up on D05, a few ago, was still using vis. Nowaday, D09c is a lot better on BH. You play both you know the difference. For your FH, I believe your skill is good enough to try the player version rubber.

says On a never ending EJ journey
Jun 2023
I gave up on D05, a few ago, was still using vis. Nowaday, D09c is a lot better on BH. You play both you know the difference. For your FH, I believe your skill is good enough to try the player version rubber.
Haha I already spent way too much on this hobby. Don’t think there’s gonna be a difference for me between player and national version.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
That’s so weird since Korbel has a smaller head size and is lighter. Did the rubbers have leftover glue from the Vis?
They have something but On the vis total weight was 199g. Maybe now I got lighter sheets of 09c. I don't know but I was afraid of the weight too but U can see on the photo that @ben1229 posted that he also got his weight around 190g on the blades.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
Haha I already spent way too much on this hobby. Don’t think there’s gonna be a difference for me between player and national version.
It's not a hobby, RC car you will spend a lot more than this, TT is passion, if you in NY, we can try and chitchat about it. getting 2 rubber in August, one Lin gao Yuan, one Chen meng.

Reactions: Fedex78
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
41 degrees, 2.1
Boosted: Haifu Seamoon National Yellow - 3 layers
Glue: DHS No. 15
Two layers of glue on rubber, one on blade
what a coincidence. I was planning to use the same amount of the same booster and the same glue. However, I was thinking of 40 degrees. What would u recommend between 40,39,and 41 degrees on the fzd ALC change and what the differences are between the 3.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I like the weight balance low (in the handle). I think the weight balance is the most important issue. I think my setup is about 190g total and since the weight is mid, not low, not high, it is a fine weight. If the weight was lower (more in the handle) the blade would feel lighter and more whippy with the same overall weight. With the weight higher (more head heavy) the blade would feel heavier and play like a heavier setup.

I would like my setup more if the weight was more in the handle. But it is fine for me.

I also do feel TT players get a little too fussy with this kind of thing. A TT ball is light....very light. You don't need much impact to make it go. A TT racket, even at 210 grams is still very light. You do swing it over and over. But, when I was 12 years old, playing baseball, I was using a 32-34 inch bat (81-86cm) that weighed somewhere in the area of 2-2.5 lbs (910-1130g). You swing it, you get used to it. Before getting up to bat, you put a 1.5 pound doughnut (680g) on the end of the bat and when you get up to the plate, the bat feels light. :)

Most of this stuff is about perception unless you have someone with a wrist or elbow injury.

One time Der_Echte handed me a racket where the blade weighed 120g and it was quite handle heavy. The total setup was notably over 200g. Because a lot of the weight was in the handle (he had modified the handle to add about 35g to the handle) the blade felt light and very whippy.

Jun 2023
Can you post pictures of the H2? And did you select weight when you buying? I'm thinking to get one since the sun ying sha , Wang chu wing W968 haven't out yet. And the golden W968 not better than the W968.

Here’s some of the setups I’m currently running. A few of them are out of commission as the rubbers are getting boosted.

Reactions: H3R0 and MrGeorge
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
I took off my H3N and realized it had 10g of glue on it 😳. Currently reboosting and will use less glue now. Hopefully I only need 5g of glue and that’ll take the weight down quite a bit.
You put a thick layer glue, I always put light layer of glue. After you reglue should be around 185-190, thanks for the picture, H2, look really good.

Jun 2023
You put a thick layer glue, I always put light layer of glue. After you reglue should be around 185-190, thanks for the picture, H2, look really good.
Well another reason is because I never bothered to take off the old layers of glue when putting it back on a blade after boosting. I would just glue the blade and use the residue glue from the rubber so gradually over time, the rubber kept getting one glue layer thicker at a time.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
Well another reason is because I never bothered to take off the old layers of glue when putting it back on a blade after boosting. I would just glue the blade and use the residue glue from the rubber so gradually over time, the rubber kept getting one glue layer thicker at a time.
That's why, by the way, what # and year is your 968,mine is 2022, #22