Which blade would be a good transition from all to off?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2023
Seems like the clipper wood and the stratus Powerwood were mentioned often I also saw someone talk about the primorac which I had a look at not to long ago.
I don't now as much about blades as I know of rubbers and would like what pros and cons are if the blade is for example really flexible or really stiff I do try to play with lots of spin and what are other characteristics that would help that. And I know that the Equipment doesn't make me a better Player I have seen someone mention it and I agree but I rather look at it as a thing that can complement the skills are already have and something I can benefit from when choosing the "right" thing for me

But I want to thank everyone so far for replying to my question<3

says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
No thank You, waaaay too much. Who is talking about a rocket???
Stiffness is not equal to speed.

I like:
- A fairly stiff blade
- A soft top layer
- A hard rubber.

A 5 layer blade with Limba top (A little too hard but I’m using it for reference) a total thickness needs to be > 5.9 mm. Anything else is too bendy. My favorite 5 layer blade is an Alser all+.
Limba-walnut-ayous ~5.9mm.
It’s unfortunately discontinued… But that second walnut layer makes the whole difference.
This blade is definitely not fast…

Cheers
L-zr
The clipper wood, solved.

Reactions: EritoG69
This user has no status.
I am curious about your playing style/level.

I keep trying different blades from AllRound Evo but cant help keep coming back to it. Perfect balance between control, spin, speed, softness. Have tried osp v- (too hard and stiff feeling compared to evo, osp says soft rubbers work best and i agree as rakza z felt perfect on it but not h3), expert ii (hate the 2nd spruce layer activating unpredictably), and my clubmates long 5 (very nice soft but also crisp feeling and fast but controllable, but hides contact point feedback, i can tell from ball marks im hitting way off center and losing power and spin), harimoto alc (similar to long 5), acoustic (never tried it with hurricane unlike all the rest mentioned but feels like between allround evo and osp v- in everything), violin (too flexible on loop drives).

Heres me playing with allround evo, h3, h8-80. Though my evo is 5.6mm rather than advertised 5.4mm.

As you can tell, the limiting factor is my technique. Still too much arm leading body rather than vice-versa.

Buying acoustic has been tempting me lately tho. Though with my clubmates acoustic w g1 it felt a bit like it only had 1 gear rather than unlimited no of gears like allround evo, long 5, harimoto alc. other blades mentioned felt like a bit like a clunky manual transmission

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2023
I am curious about your playing style/level.

I keep trying different blades from AllRound Evo but cant help keep coming back to it. Perfect balance between control, spin, speed, softness. Have tried osp v- (too hard and stiff feeling compared to evo, osp says soft rubbers work best and i agree as rakza z felt perfect on it but not h3), expert ii (hate the 2nd spruce layer activating unpredictably), and my clubmates long 5 (very nice soft but also crisp feeling and fast but controllable, but hides contact point feedback, i can tell from ball marks im hitting way off center and losing power and spin), harimoto alc (similar to long 5), acoustic (never tried it with hurricane unlike all the rest mentioned but feels like between allround evo and osp v- in everything), violin (too flexible on loop drives).

Heres me playing with allround evo, h3, h8-80. Though my evo is 5.6mm rather than advertised 5.4mm.

As you can tell, the limiting factor is my technique. Still too much arm leading body rather than vice-versa.

Buying acoustic has been tempting me lately tho. Though with my clubmates acoustic w g1 it felt a bit like it only had 1 gear rather than unlimited no of gears like allround evo, long 5, harimoto alc. other blades mentioned felt like a bit like a clunky manual transmission
I have never recorded myself playing but just from watching that I would say around the same level I'm probably a bit worse but I really don't know for sure.My playing style is offensive with a lot of spin variations, rarely any flat hits and smashes.

This user has no status.
I have never recorded myself playing but just from watching that I would say around the same level I'm probably a bit worse but I really don't know for sure.My playing style is offensive with a lot of spin variations, rarely any flat hits and smashes.
K. Might be fun to video tape yourself and post it here.

Let me know if you are interested in OSP Virtuoso Off- , Expert II (both Flared, both sanded a bit down to bit like a slightly thicker Butterfly handle. The default flare handle was so thick it was impossible to super wristy backhand flicks/chiquita), or Stiga Offensive Classic (ST handle). I can sell them (excluding shipping cost) for $45, $60, and $25.