Which blade would be a good transition from all to off?

says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
It really just depends on what you want from your equipment. Allround Evo is pretty flexible, and most blades considered faster than it tend to be stiffer as well. I think the most logical upgrade in my mind would be a tried and true 5 ply like Petr Korbel, Primorac off-.

Reactions: EritoG69
This user has no status.
If you feel that AE doesn't give better support to your stroke, I think Clipper Wod(CR √, WRB×) should be a perfect choice, similar feel, more powerful stroke feel, and makes you fearless in pulling against ALC as well!
1702878402591.png

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
There is a very good transition no one mentioned, Stiga offensive classic.
It is flexible and has a similar feeling, it isn't a thick feeling like Clipper.

Of course if you want even more speed just skip OC and go straight to Infinity VPS or Stratus powerwood.

All of these blades are good, they arent speed demons but very good from all to off-.

This user has no status.
There is a very good transition no one mentioned, Stiga offensive classic.
It is flexible and has a similar feeling, it isn't a thick feeling like Clipper.

Of course if you want even more speed just skip OC and go straight to Infinity VPS or Stratus powerwood.

All of these blades are good, they arent speed demons but very good from all to off-.
OC‘s BH quuite difficult for amateurs to control, especially for the 40mm+ ball matchups nowadays in the mid and close.

says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
There's the Clipper wood, Offensive classic/cr, YEO, Korbel, Primorac, Optimum series, etc... It really depends on what you want. Try out stuff that your teammates have and see what you like before you make a purchase.

I personally stick to the Intensity NCT for shake and YEO for penhold since they are pretty much identical... Would play YEO both shake and pen, but got the Intensity for 1/3 of what it goes for fast blade, not suitable for first offensive blade, very hard but very flexible.

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
OC‘s BH quuite difficult for amateurs to control, especially for the 40mm+ ball matchups nowadays in the mid and close.
Dude... It doesn't get much slower than OC, most defenders in mu club use it, that's the speed it has, it's one of the best balanced and easiest to play blades out there. Plus koto is very nice on backhand. Both koto and walnut.

Dude... It doesn't get much slower than OC, most defenders in mu club use it, that's the speed it has, it's one of the best balanced and easiest to play blades out there. Plus koto is very nice on backhand. Both koto and walnut.
Agree on this one, great composition but too thin, gives too much vibration. I stopped recommending this one. Yasaka Sweden Extra is imo a much better blade, but the bottom line is that the player needs to change not the equipment.

Cheers
L-zr

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Agree on this one, great composition but too thin, gives too much vibration. I stopped recommending this one. Yasaka Sweden Extra is imo a much better blade, but the bottom line is that the player needs to change not the equipment.

Cheers
L-zr
Equipment changes depending on level, if you can use tenergy effectively why stick with rozena? You know what I mean?

To me vibration means feeling, I find OC to have much higher ceiling in potential than sweden extra in terms of power and consistency under offensive use, I tried it with bluefire m2 a few years ago and it was a beast. I can only imagine the damage it could cause with boosted hurricane or tenergy.

Equipment changes depending on level, if you can use tenergy effectively why stick with rozena? You know what I mean?

To me vibration means feeling, I find OC to have much higher ceiling in potential than sweden extra in terms of power and consistency under offensive use, I tried it with bluefire m2 a few years ago and it was a beast. I can only imagine the damage it could cause with boosted hurricane or tenergy.
To me too much vibration is an uncomfortable nuisance. A blade needs a certain stability and OC does not have it. It’s like playing with a leaf…
It needs to be thicker.
I say stay away from it…

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.

I used to use it a long time ago, and when it wasn't the 40mm+ ABS ball, its active power attack was impeccable, with a huge amount of deformation providing a powerful attack, but it's clearly outdated in this day and age - after all, everyone's closer to the table now than ever before, and fast, stable racquets with plenty of support can dramatically increase the intensity of your play against them.
很久以前我曾经用过它,当它不是 40mm+ ABS 球时,它的主动力量攻击无可挑剔,巨大的变形提供了强大的攻击力,但它显然已经过时了这个时代——毕竟,现在每个人比以往任何时候都更接近球台,快速、稳定的球拍和充足的支撑可以显着增加你与他们对抗的强度。
1702891092003.png

This user has no status.
To me too much vibration is an uncomfortable nuisance. A blade needs a certain stability and OC does not have it. It’s like playing with a leaf…
It needs to be thicker.
I say stay away from it…

Cheers
L-zr
I totally agree with you, I used to use AE/OC/EG , but I now recommend a better supported CL, 7-lay wood gives you a more consistent defense against the opposite side of the continuous offense

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
It needs to be thicker.
I say stay away from it…

Cheers
L-zr
On the contrary, more vibration gives you better feel on the ball and greater touch, that's why I love the intensity, same touch and feel with more speed.

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
I totally agree with you, I used to use AE/OC/EG , but I now recommend a better supported CL, 7-lay wood gives you a more consistent defense against the opposite side of the continuous offense
There's also the offensive cr, that's an incredible blade.

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
I used to use it a long time ago, and when it wasn't the 40mm+ ABS ball, its active power attack was impeccable, with a huge amount of deformation providing a powerful attack, but it's clearly outdated in this day and age - after all, everyone's closer to the table now than ever before, and fast, stable racquets with plenty of support can dramatically increase the intensity of your play against them.
很久以前我曾经用过它,当它不是 40mm+ ABS 球时,它的主动力量攻击无可挑剔,巨大的变形提供了强大的攻击力,但它显然已经过时了这个时代——毕竟,现在每个人比以往任何时候都更接近球台,快速、稳定的球拍和充足的支撑可以显着增加你与他们对抗的强度。
View attachment 27812
It doesn't have to do with outdated or not, it's about feeling, someone who goes from a slow blade can't just go to a rocket, you have to take it slow and the OC and OCR are perfect for this.

It doesn't have to do with outdated or not, it's about feeling, someone who goes from a slow blade can't just go to a rocket, you have to take it slow and the OC and OCR are perfect for this.
No thank You, waaaay too much. Who is talking about a rocket???
Stiffness is not equal to speed.

I like:
- A fairly stiff blade
- A soft top layer
- A hard rubber.

A 5 layer blade with Limba top (A little too hard but I’m using it for reference) a total thickness needs to be > 5.9 mm. Anything else is too bendy. My favorite 5 layer blade is an Alser all+.
Limba-walnut-ayous ~5.9mm.
It’s unfortunately discontinued… But that second walnut layer makes the whole difference.
This blade is definitely not fast…

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
No thank You, waaaay too much. Who is talking about a rocket???
Stiffness is not equal to speed.

I like:
- A fairly stiff blade
- A soft top layer
- A hard rubber.

A 5 layer blade with Limba top (A little too hard but I’m using it for reference) a total thickness needs to be > 5.9 mm. Anything else is too bendy. My favorite 5 layer blade is an Alser all+.
Limba-walnut-ayous ~5.9mm.
It’s unfortunately discontinued… But that second walnut layer makes the whole difference.
This blade is definitely not fast…

Cheers
L-zr
From what I've felt with the AE in not too short a time, the CL really is a perfect upgrade choice!
Especially now. You can still see CL in the world-class pro game.
1702899700035.png