Which brands are most popular in each country?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
Tibhar was the sponsor of the french team during long time. When the brands arrived in France, it was Tibhar who knew how to impose himself. You are talking about the Tibhar IV-L but there is even more popular: Tibhar Vari Spin. This rubber would have already disappeared without the French market. All the kids have tried this blade and these rubbers. The largest French retailer is affiliated with Tibhar and Donic. It is therefore logical that these are the most highlighted brands. Butterfly is trying to compete but it's a lot of investment to ultimately stay behind. And yes... in France we spend our time moaning and it's not in our culture to spend so much on a product.

There are of course many other reasons for the popularity such as our geographical proximity to German brands. But in the end keep in mind that we don't like change and when a product becomes a safe bet, it stays that way. Like the stiga clipper in Asia or the Tsp / Victas Swat in Japan.

Finally, Tibhar was the first brand to offer custom rubbers. Previously each brand had 2 or 3 generic products. Tibhar to innovate by explaining to the player that everyone has the right to his rubber for his style and his sensations.

In France it's the shame of spending too much and investing too much in something in which we don't have the sufficient level. If, for example, you spend €300 on a racket to please yourself, we will compare the investment with the results obtained. And behind some will brag about having beaten you with a 60€ racket (no relation of course but it's our stupid way of thinking)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
I've never even hard of Banco.

I was thinking that maybe Cornilleau or French brands might be popular in France. Japanese brands like Nittaku, Victas, Yasaka seem to be much more popular in Japan. and I'm just guessing Xiom is popular in Korea, but not sure about Nexy.

Cornilleau is popular but it's the end of rubber and blade from Cornilleau. They stop the competition market.

Most brands are owned by boutiques.
Donic: Sport Schreiner
Andro: Schoeler Micke
Gewo: Contra
Banco: Wack Sport
etc...

So that's why Banco is popular.