Which poly ball should you choose?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
BIG BALL UPDATE NEWS. Hold on to your delicate bits...on the approval list...

Nittaku - Nexcell 40+ - Plastic with seam - ORANGE 3*

Oh snap. Now that's some interesting news.

Now if I, or our club rather, can just get over that it'll probably be $4.50 per ball being Nittaku. :p :p

Reactions: AndySmith
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Oh snap. Now that's some interesting news.

Now if I, or our club rather, can just get over that it'll probably be $4.50 per ball being Nittaku. :p :p

IMO, nittaku balls arent worth it anymore considering the DHS D40+ being a really consistent and durable ball for a fraction of the cost of nittaku ball

Reactions: suds79
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
IMO, nittaku balls arent worth it anymore considering the DHS D40+ being a really consistent and durable ball for a fraction of the cost of nittaku ball

+1 Yep.

Every time this thread keeps getting bumped and I read "Which poly ball should you choose?" My reflex thought is always the same. The DHS D40+ ball. Hands down the champ. Price & performance.

My post was more just to poke fun at how ridiculous Nittaku is with the price of their balls. ;)

But I do like that the orange is coming back.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I will wait and see. An Orange ball on paper is great. But it is not in my hand. I would like orange poly balls that actually play well in my hand rather than on paper.

But on paper is better than not at all. Because it means that some day they may be more than a thought.

However, it seems mystifying that, after about 4 years of the 40+ Poly ball as the official ball, there are no Orange balls that I have seen.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
I will wait and see. An Orange ball on paper is great. But it is not in my hand. I would like orange poly balls that actually play well in my hand rather than on paper.

But on paper is better than not at all. Because it means that some day they may be more than a thought.

They're on the approval list so they exist and have passed the ITTF's, er, rigorous testing process. A commercial release can't be far behind.

How well they play is another matter of course.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2012
Read 1 reviews
Hm, must be just me then, having been burned by an incredibly bad batch ("XHAG") of them. I introduced the DHS D40+ with great enthusiasm after trying out a few boxes ("XCAG") first, then confidently bought a few dozen more. We're using the XuShaoFa seamless threestar, which plays fine and is well liked, but it's a bit too brittle and a bit too costly even without the high churn rate to my liking, so based upon my initial positive experiences I felt confident a change to the DHS D40+ would work out well.

Were these purchased from TTNPP, by any chance? I've gotten the absolute worst balls from them anytime i order more than 6 or 10.

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Were these purchased from TTNPP, by any chance? I've gotten the absolute worst balls from them anytime i order more than 6 or 10.

No. Off the top of my head I don’t recall where, but it wasn’t ttnpp.

I’ve contacted the seller back then who would take things to DHS distribution up the chain, but haven’t heard back.

I’ll be giving the Stiga Perform 40+ *** ABS ball a go in a few weeks. Fingers Xed.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
Yes a big difference. At all cost avoid the 40+, it's made of the old CA material and breaks easily and does not bounce well.

Regarding D40+... I got very good balls by TTNPP (ordered 10 a year ago) and then I ordered a lot more from TTNPP and they are sh*t, they sound different and play different, I don't know what happened. I might try them again from another source soon...

JST

This user has no status.

JST

This user has no status.
Nov 2017

Btw. I've just received 2nd 72-box of D40+ from TTnPP. Four-letter batch number is barely readable this time but both boxes tested and doing well. No single cracked ball after 8+ training session in small club (2 tables, 2-3 hours per training, we use ~20 balls in the session). Not saying problem cannot happen but there seems to be people satisfied with D40+ and TTnPP in general;)