Why is ZLC popular among the Japanese team but not Chinese?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I've seen 1 CNT player use Donic on their BH, I'll have to look for his name, but that's about it.
oh ok. let me know if you find. I'm just curious how their internal equipment testing procedure works. Do the players actively tryout new equipment like the Hammond Z2, Mantra Pro, K3, etc? Or do they wait until a coach suggests that a new rubber is quite good?

I believe Kou Lei uses Donic I believe both sides.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
oh ok. let me know if you find. I'm just curious how their internal equipment testing procedure works. Do the players actively tryout new equipment like the Hammond Z2, Mantra Pro, K3, etc? Or do they wait until a coach suggests that a new rubber is quite good?

I don't think they actively try different models of rubbers that much especially on the FH, it's just different H3's and boosting technique. Some try different blades especially from DHS, Stiga and BTY and like to switch it seems, and you can be sure that their teammates give it a go, for info and fun's sake / curiosity. On the BH, it's between H3 or Dignics, sometimes H8 or Tenergy. But pros mostly stick to what they know and like, like the rest of us do or should do.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011

Yes, they actively try them out if they feel like they should. I think most understand that EJing all the time is not good for development/performance though.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
Read 1 reviews
I think besides nationalities or regional differences, the biggest factor might be that players just like the feeling of alc or zlc.

I will agree that the influence of ZJK on vis style blades definitely helped the meta for Chinese players. Mizutani in a way did the same too albeit to a lesser extent compared to ZJK.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Does CNT test other rubbers as well? Like D09c, K3, Battle 2, etc? Or are they just totally committed to H3?

98% of the entire CNT uses DHS on FH (fact as of yesterday)
BH, is a mix of DHS, Butterfly as the majority

"test wise", there was a phase where quite a few used Rakza 9. This was maybe 3 or 4 years ago.
I do know a lot of non DHS and Butterfly sponsored players not using rubbers from their own sponsor.