Xiom Omega V Europe or Tibhar Evolution EL-S

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Hello everyone,
I am asking people who have experience with these 2 rubbers. In my TT club a friend of mine gave his racket which is a Tibhar Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with EL-S 1.9/2 mm & FX-S max. I really liked playing with the EL-S on forehand and back hand but found the FX-S little too soft. That blade has a KOTO outer layer. Loops and blocks were really nice. However, My blade is the Xiom Icecream AZXi. So I have no wish to buy another expensive blade like Tibhar Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon. So thinking if the EL-S or the FX-S pairs well with the ALC side. Right now I have the Xiom Vega Euro on the ALC side and I really don't like it on the short game because sometimes the ball pops up too high. I am happy with Fastarc G1 on the ZLC side.
A fellow player told me that Xiom Omega V Europe is very similar to EL-S but more durable. He thinks the Omega V Europe will fit the ALC side well. So now I am pretty confused and that's the reason I need your opinion.
is Xiom Omega V Europe very similar to EL-S?
which is best for blocking ?
Can I flat hit with the Omega?
will Omega or EL-s pairs well with limba outer? or I need hard outer blade? I have a Yasaka Ma Lin Extra offensive Blade as spare.
please let me know your thoughts.[h2] [/h2][h2] [/h2]

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
I played both rubbers. EL-S is more firm - harder, less catapult. EL-S would be better for blocking. You can flat hit with Omega, however it would be better with EL-S I think. I tested both rubbers on all-wood blades with Limba outers and it was good.

Thank you for sharing your experience. I really liked the EL-S while I was playing with it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018

Wanna let everyone know that I put FX-S on my Xiom AZXi blade and I am super happy with the performance. It's not the fastest or the spiniest setup but it's a very controlled setup for me. I can still send the ball on the table from a out of balance position.

Reactions: Khimmi