Your personal "hatelist" of players

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
If we can rephrase this as 'which player has something related to table tennis you wish they hadn't' I'm going to say every player that's retired too early.

Xu Xin, looking at you big guy. How's about two seasons playing in the Bundesliga?

Wang Hao, oi! How's about getting back into shape for the summer and seeing how you would cope in the French league?

This user has no status.
Be aware this is all in good faith and I do not go out of my way to get upset about this and still actively watch each of these players.

I have levels:

Top level (actually causes me annoyance):

Nashad Alamayin - the most blatantly illegal serve i've seen in years. Maybe as a lefty I often com across his style of hiding behind his shoulder and arm all the time by accident. But that combined with the arrogance and vocal annoyance when it doesnt go his way puts him in my top spot

Tomokazu Harimoto - annoying mostly because he is actually good and I want to like him, but so loud and annoying, I actually show other people table tennis videos (rec players mostly) but have to avoid TH as I actually get looked at like i'm mental for it because of his overindulgence in scream metal. I also get MORE annoyed with his "excuse" of being nervous so it's ok to be so obviously disrespectful and rude to his opponents in what is typically a humble sport.

Mid Level ( I root for them to loose but if they win I find it better than above):

WCQ - cheater, bad bad cheating on serves, is good enough to not need this

Sweedish boyband man - Not really "all that", decent level but acts aloof and superior to his opponents often for no reason considering being provincial level at best.

Alexis Lebrun - rude and empassioned. But at least his passion comes across as genuine whereas TH is clearly a fake manufactured technique.

Low level:
Me - because I sometimes forget to enjoy myself when I play very poorly, and since im not a pro I only play for enjoyment and should remember to do better.

This user has no status.
Yeah i feel alexis lebrun is more emotional than felix, which probably explains the ranking differance. The only time i remember felix being annoying was that doubles game in the world champs in durban.

But for me anyone who beats Lin Yun Ju is no longer my friend for the next 2 weeks.

I see nothing wrong with some loud celebration, it helps builds confidence when needed. Table tennis is the same a mental sport as physical. And shouting can help that.

I think sometime people should just let the pros do what they want, they deserve to be there and sometimes they have bad days.

This user has no status.
They are forced to act like that by their superiors.
To make it more attractive for the audience.
Like roman gladiators.

It's no coincidence that top players are annoying while lower ranked players act like normal people.
But to the lower ranked-due to the unpopularity of table tennis compared to other sports- often have a main job and table tennis is just a hobby, leading them to not think of much of loss a simply, its not that deep for them.

I think the choing and allezing seem abnormal as it is just a singular voice from the player. If a whole croud was behind them it would feel more reasonable, and people would complain less.