Zhang Jike’s exuberant celebration during the final of the 2014 Men’s World Cup has gone viral! The Olympic champion’s outburst has attracted the attention of the world’s media including England, the United States, Australia, Japan, Brazil and Argentina. It has been the talk of the competition, along with the consequence he was to face after his actions, the well-known American channel ABC News stating that the Chinese player’s celebration was an “epic fail”.

zhangceleviral.jpg

Zhang Jike kicking through the barriers - Photo by: Remy Gros

Onlines newspapers and news websites have been creating and publishing articles making this Zhang Jike celebration go viral around the world.

Newspapers and websites include:
- Telegraph
- CBS News
- USA Today
- Independent

Yesterday TableTennisDaily uploaded the celebration as a vine below of the celebration, which many publishers have shared. The video currently is racking in the views and currently stands at 412,000. Every hour the video is increasing by 5000 views.

This could well be the most viewed table tennis vine ever!

The video footage of Zhang Jike’s celebration which included him kicking and damaging several of the barriers surrounding his court was not only seen on TV but was spread across the internet worldwide, unfortunately for the Chinese man it wasn’t only his celebration that has attracted the world media’s attention, as they have also focused on the fine he was given by the International Table Tennis Federation. The ITTF decided to strip the winner of his prize money which was around £28,000, this was despite the player commenting “I am very sorry for what I did, it was not acceptable behaviour and I am sorry”.

Funny photos have been created by various table tennis enthusiasts

Photo by Mike Mezyan Table Tennis Artworks below titled, "THIS IS JIIIIIIKKKKKKEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!"

zhangjikemikemezyan.jpg

Photo by MrThePortal, "The worlds most expensive table tennis barriers"

expensivebarriers.jpg

You can watch the highlights of final in the video below:

Join in on TableTennisDaily's discussion which has had over 15,000 users read and discuss here.

Like and tweet our articles to the World. Lets spread the word of Table Tennis.
Written by: Emily Standing
TableTennisDaily