Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Too painful and close to home huh?

But as i said it's OK to bury your head in the sand and continue to worship the Europeans who created this exact world order when they agreed to ditch the concept of Malaya (where all races are equal) and instead write in Malay supremacy within the constitution when Malaysia was founded.

Have fun paying 7% more for properties than the Malays...
Uncle Gozo got hit in the cross fire by blah man.
oh no

if we were to talk race and second class citizen, Australia has a lot to talk about.....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
It’s such a shame seeing this type of fighting on our forum. TT has helped me meet and get to know some amazing people I’d never meet and engage with otherwise (many on here)

We live in a troubled world of polarised opinions and an easy method of expressing them online - mostly ending in misunderstanding or unnecessary squabbles.

Surely our shared love of TT can be something that unites us rather than a launchpad for political or other squabbles, and TTD remain the amazing place it is, for sharing EJ experience and learning from each other, debating GOAT etc 😥

says How much wood would a Clipper Wood clip if a Clipper...
Jan 2024
Roight... Back to good ol' Tee-Tee.
last night I played with Rxton 3 Pro on FH which is my first "serious" attempt at tacky rubbers, and I am just over the moon. Everything felt right, top spins nice and low, killer shots go brrrrr, pushing is eeeeasy, what is this sorcery?

Honestly I've always felt alienated when Tensor rubbers got introduced. This is exactly how I like it. Very subtle low gear, very high top gear.
Stuff is finally clicking this week and I am so totally chuffed.

Reactions: Wrighty67
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
It’s such a shame seeing this type of fighting on our forum. TT has helped me meet and get to know some amazing people I’d never meet and engage with otherwise (many on here)

We live in a troubled world of polarised opinions and an easy method of expressing them online - mostly ending in misunderstanding or unnecessary squabbles.

Surely our shared love of TT can be something that unites us rather than a launchpad for political or other squabbles, and TTD remain the amazing place it is, for sharing EJ experience and learning from each other, debating GOAT etc 😥
Yes, let's stick to TT and EJ'ing!

I had a training session today, went very well! Really stepping up with the BH loop/drive, but the best part was that my partner finally learned the proper timing for the BH counter! He was able to hit it quite a few times in a row against my block, and at the end I started countering back and we could actually do BH counters back and forth quite a few times, like pros!

On the EJ front, I had my primary racket glued with the H3BS/D09c, and my backup racket glued with D09c/H3OS. Both H3's are boosted 4x, and both D09c's 2x. The 4x boosted H3BS played very well, it does take a little bit of adjustment, as it actually had a bit of higher throw on more brushing shots, otherwise the loops were pretty deadly, and was less bouncy in the short game. The D09c played like a dream on the BH side.

The H3OS played a lot better with 4x booster than 2x, became much more crisp, but still feels a bit muted especially compared to the boosted D09c. I noticed a very odd thing with the H3OS. It was tough to really hit into the sponge except with opportunity balls, so most shots felt like it was more brushing. Combining that with the relatively muted feeling, it really didn't feel like my shots had much quality. However, it appeared to be quite a bit harder for my training partner to return the shots. I had the same experience when I tried it out the first time. It must have a lot more spin or something, and definitely more gears as it can really slow down the ball with passive blocks. In short, it felt bad, but was super effective. Very strange experience.

I think I'm gonna stick with the H3BS FH and D09c BH setup. It's 192g right now, but the D09c is a bit smaller than the blade, so I think with full coverage it'd be ~194g which is about the same as my usual setup. I like the H3BS's gears and its ease to counter, and with the softening up of the sponge it can loop softer balls pretty well now too. I used up like 2/3 of the 500ml DHS No. 15 bottle of glue in the last 2 weeks, I think that's enough of an EJ binge for now :ROFLMAO:

My endurance is getting better too, able to do longer FH loop training now. My leg is no longer quite the limiting factor, it seems like my cardiovascular endurance is more limiting now. I think I need to do some sprints, suicides or something to improve both my leg and cardiovascular endurance. I'll also have to push myself harder during my TT training, more footwork drills and such as well.

says ESN 42 hardness is my magic number
Mar 2021
Well...this thread took quite a turn. @Gozo Aruna doesn't even know what hit him!
It felt like I was in the middle of a train wreck.
IMG_8730.jpeg

Mar 2021
from down under too

the only thing I know Gozo worship is, Aruna and last I check, he sure aint European
he even changed his name to Gozo Aruna
I was mockingly nicknamed Aruna by my club mates because of my massive massive rocket like FH. ( comes with video evidence )

The real Aruna also has a pronounce rocket like FH.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

I have met a lot of people through table tennis, including many Australians.
Australians is probably the most in terms of Western world, since I stayed 3 weeks in Melbourne few years ago and hosted Australian players for over a month last year and another coming next week.

When I said, I have no intention of expanding the emoji issue to politics, obviously more sensitive people won't believe it.
For me, I am still serious on knowing what other countries have been affected.
I mean, how do you just make a certain emoji disappear from the phone.
Purpose- I am just bored, after reading a post on another table tennis forum. I don't find how emoji related could be politics.

Ie, why only Apple phone in Malaysia has this problem but not Andriod phones... Apple is an USA company. Everything is made in China (including not affected Andriod phones).... so, Apple phones had it before, but after some update, it vanishes. I think all these are interesting dialogue for tech people and I'm sure there are all sorts of people on TTD, since we spend how the time talking about science and how science should be the gospel of table tennis skills...... technology is also science in a way.... lol

But hey, don't focus on the content and crazily call it anti china.
So difficult to have some basic dialogue.
same crazy on how Uncle Gozo is European worshiper

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I was mockingly nicknamed Aruna by my club mates because of my massive massive rocket like FH. ( comes with video evidence )

The real Aruna also has a pronounce rocket like FH.
I gathered that
and you even tricked a 13 year old Korean girl to think you the real Aruna.

• Haha
Reactions: Gozo Aruna and Tyce
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
I have met a lot of people through table tennis, including many Australians.
Australians is probably the most in terms of Western world, since I stayed 3 weeks in Melbourne few years ago and hosted Australian players for over a month last year and another coming next week.

When I said, I have no intention of expanding the emoji issue to politics, obviously more sensitive people won't believe it.
For me, I am still serious on knowing what other countries have been affected.
I mean, how do you just make a certain emoji disappear from the phone.
Purpose- I am just bored, after reading a post on another table tennis forum. I don't find how emoji related could be politics.

Ie, why only Apple phone in Malaysia has this problem but not Andriod phones... Apple is an USA company. Everything is made in China (including not affected Andriod phones).... so, Apple phones had it before, but after some update, it vanishes. I think all these are interesting dialogue for tech people and I'm sure there are all sorts of people on TTD, since we spend how the time talking about science and how science should be the gospel of table tennis skills...... technology is also science in a way.... lol

But hey, don't focus on the content and crazily call it anti china.
So difficult to have some basic dialogue.
same crazy on how Uncle Gozo is European worshiper

Yes, let's stick to TT and EJ'ing!

I had a training session today, went very well! Really stepping up with the BH loop/drive, but the best part was that my partner finally learned the proper timing for the BH counter! He was able to hit it quite a few times in a row against my block, and at the end I started countering back and we could actually do BH counters back and forth quite a few times, like pros!

On the EJ front, I had my primary racket glued with the H3BS/D09c, and my backup racket glued with D09c/H3OS. Both H3's are boosted 4x, and both D09c's 2x. The 4x boosted H3BS played very well, it does take a little bit of adjustment, as it actually had a bit of higher throw on more brushing shots, otherwise the loops were pretty deadly, and was less bouncy in the short game. The D09c played like a dream on the BH side.

The H3OS played a lot better with 4x booster than 2x, became much more crisp, but still feels a bit muted especially compared to the boosted D09c. I noticed a very odd thing with the H3OS. It was tough to really hit into the sponge except with opportunity balls, so most shots felt like it was more brushing. Combining that with the relatively muted feeling, it really didn't feel like my shots had much quality. However, it appeared to be quite a bit harder for my training partner to return the shots. I had the same experience when I tried it out the first time. It must have a lot more spin or something, and definitely more gears as it can really slow down the ball with passive blocks. In short, it felt bad, but was super effective. Very strange experience.

I think I'm gonna stick with the H3BS FH and D09c BH setup. It's 192g right now, but the D09c is a bit smaller than the blade, so I think with full coverage it'd be ~194g which is about the same as my usual setup. I like the H3BS's gears and its ease to counter, and with the softening up of the sponge it can loop softer balls pretty well now too. I used up like 2/3 of the 500ml DHS No. 15 bottle of glue in the last 2 weeks, I think that's enough of an EJ binge for now :ROFLMAO:

My endurance is getting better too, able to do longer FH loop training now. My leg is no longer quite the limiting factor, it seems like my cardiovascular endurance is more limiting now. I think I need to do some sprints, suicides or something to improve both my leg and cardiovascular endurance. I'll also have to push myself harder during my TT training, more footwork drills and such as well.
Nice - BH counter to counter, that's another level..

I had an interesting EJ experience recently - I have been really liking my Franziska with T05/T64FX and finding a real nice balance of control and feel with speed. Then, as often happens, I found myself picking up an older but unused Avalox BT777 - with the caveat that it weighed in at 100gms. I put some of my lighter rubbers on it (D05/C1) and it came in at 194gms. It was amazing - feel, spin, balance etc but ultimately just a bit too heavy for me. So, I purchased a new one from Germany at 88gms and put a sheet of T05 on FH to compare to my Franziska - wow, what a disappointment. It was so much harder and stiffer feeling than the other one and my Franziska (despite being similar at 1265hz) It was just not great to play with. I have felt weight differences impacting blades before, but never lie this - I can only assume that the other one (10 years old but unplayed) had aged well.

Anyway, at least I know my Franziska is the blade for me (right now ;-)

Reactions: latej and dingyibvs
Jan 2024
All this tacky rubber stuff makes me think - I've always felt that "Red is for forehand, black is for backhand" growing up, and TTDaily thinks so, too according to the profile thingy...
Is this something Euro vs China? Did the Chinese switch to black for FH at some point?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
I played my first ever summer league match last night.

Played a young up and coming junior and had to give him 6 start every set. Typical kid, tries to attack everything but if his big shots land they're difficult to deal with. I had to utilise veteran's tactics against him, long deep pushes, chops, weird spins. I managed to beat him in 4.

Then came up against a really good player who is ranked much higher than me, i played well against him, but lost deuce in the 5th.

Been reflecting about this morning, since going to a slower/noob setup (Yasaka Sweden Extra, Vega Pro on FH, Vega Euro on bh I've had some really good results, but against the good player last night in BH exchanges, i felt like i was playing with a water pistol vs a Smith and Wesson.

So, now I'm debating if i need something slightly harder and faster on my bh, I've got an uncut sheet of Vega Asia so i might try that out for the next match.

Reactions: Wrighty67
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
I had an interesting EJ experience recently - I have been really liking my Franziska with T05/T64FX and finding a real nice balance of control and feel with speed. Then, as often happens, I found myself picking up an older but unused Avalox BT777 - with the caveat that it weighed in at 100gms. I put some of my lighter rubbers on it (D05/C1) and it came in at 194gms. It was amazing - feel, spin, balance etc but ultimately just a bit too heavy for me. So, I purchased a new one from Germany at 88gms and put a sheet of T05 on FH to compare to my Franziska - wow, what a disappointment. It was so much harder and stiffer feeling than the other one and my Franziska (despite being similar at 1265hz) It was just not great to play with. I have felt weight differences impacting blades before, but never lie this - I can only assume that the other one (10 years old but unplayed) had aged well.

In a way, I had a similar experience. I realized I can feel the differences between rubbers, and I think I even have certain understanding of why, and can somehow describe. But this is not like that with blades. There I only feel the differences, but can't describe well, and much less understand ;-)

On a side note, I wish we could speak about anything here, in dedicated threads. Perhaps these threads should be visible only for the members. But the other stuff belongs to us, TT is just a hobby for us. I don't want to discuss the other stuff elsewhere on the internet. It would be nice to be able to discuss it here. I believe we would learn not to insult each other. My opinion...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
In a way, I had a similar experience. I realized I can feel the differences between rubbers, and I think I even have certain understanding of why, and can somehow describe. But this is not like that with blades. There I only feel the differences, but can't describe well, and much less understand ;-)

On a side note, I wish we could speak about anything here, in dedicated threads. Perhaps these threads should be visible only for the members. But the other stuff belongs to us, TT is just a hobby for us. I don't want to discuss the other stuff elsewhere on the internet. It would be nice to be able to discuss it here. I believe we would learn not to insult each other. My opinion...
Many boards have an off-topic sub-board, but my experience is that without heavy moderation they usually become a cesspool of insults, oftentimes involving politics, in our current turbulent world.

As for blades, finding a blade that suits you is really important IMO, more so than rubbers. Switching between rubbers is relatively easy, but switching between blades is a real pain for me. The harder you strike the ball the more the characteristic of the blade takes over, and the more difference you feel.

On the topic of EJ'ing, I recently watched a video of Fang Bo talking about the pros' choice of blades, like why he chose his blade and why Ma Long chose his. He mentioned how Ma Long chose his blade because his shots are not very fast but it's very spinny, so he chose a blade that accentuates that. He had similar reasoning for his own choice, how his blade accentuated his positives. That made me think about how differently we amateurs choose our setups. We don't typically choose setups that amplify our strengths, but those that hide our weaknesses instead.

It's kind of interesting really. I, for example, seem to prefer to pair the D09c on my BH as opposed to all the CNT members with their H3's on their W968s because I like the speed it offers which helps cover for my difficulty in generating speed with the W968 on my BH side. They (ML, WCQ, LJK, etc.) presumably chose H3 to accentuate the W968's arc and spin, and the Viscaria variant users (FZD, LGY, LSD, etc.) use D09c's to accentuate its speed.

Reactions: latej and Wrighty67
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews

Interesting point re the rubbers and blades - thanks.

Regards the non TT stuff, our record would seem to indicate that we can't avoid things becoming personal. I have seen more and more threads lately deteriorate into a war of words that becomes personal and unpleasant. I think the variety of first languages not being English, added to the online nature / written vs spoken word makes this a very difficult thing to achieve given we don't have existing relationships or know each other. However, it's a fair point.

Reactions: latej
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
All this tacky rubber stuff makes me think - I've always felt that "Red is for forehand, black is for backhand" growing up, and TTDaily thinks so, too according to the profile thingy...
Is this something Euro vs China? Did the Chinese switch to black for FH at some point?
red for FH was the original european style, and that of forehand rubbers for 1 sided penholders back then.
So with the main guys doing it, it become a thread.

with Chinese rubbers coming out, black was able to come out more tacky than red, so chinese slowly adapted black as forehand and then also became a trend

(this post has no anti anything)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
there is space for it
called General Off Topic Discussion
ie the what song you are listening to right now that was started by Dan himself.
wanna see some admin go lock that thread

Reactions: latej
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
Many boards have an off-topic sub-board, but my experience is that without heavy moderation they usually become a cesspool of insults, oftentimes involving politics, in our current turbulent world.

As for blades, finding a blade that suits you is really important IMO, more so than rubbers. Switching between rubbers is relatively easy, but switching between blades is a real pain for me. The harder you strike the ball the more the characteristic of the blade takes over, and the more difference you feel.

On the topic of EJ'ing, I recently watched a video of Fang Bo talking about the pros' choice of blades, like why he chose his blade and why Ma Long chose his. He mentioned how Ma Long chose his blade because his shots are not very fast but it's very spinny, so he chose a blade that accentuates that. He had similar reasoning for his own choice, how his blade accentuated his positives. That made me think about how differently we amateurs choose our setups. We don't typically choose setups that amplify our strengths, but those that hide our weaknesses instead.

It's kind of interesting really. I, for example, seem to prefer to pair the D09c on my BH as opposed to all the CNT members with their H3's on their W968s because I like the speed it offers which helps cover for my difficulty in generating speed with the W968 on my BH side. They (ML, WCQ, LJK, etc.) presumably chose H3 to accentuate the W968's arc and spin, and the Viscaria variant users (FZD, LGY, LSD, etc.) use D09c's to accentuate its speed.
I think that makes sense regards blade choice - I tend to lean towards softer feel and better hold (for want of a better word) and so whilst I love the crispness of outer blades like my Viscaria, I play better with softer and more forgiving blades like the Franziska. Rubbers is harder for me to lock down - I have loved hybrid harder rubbers like D09c on my FH but ultimately don't feel I am good enough to get the best out of them. Moving back to T05 has really demonstrated that to me as I get so much more spin and speed with my strokes, more of the time (and the slower blade limits my control losses) I do however tend to a slower, softer rubber on my BH to help me alleviate my lack of power on this wing..