Who do you think will win the China Open 2017?

• Ma Long

Votes: 51 57.3%
  • Fan Zhendong

Votes: 10 11.2%
  • Xu Xin

Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Wong Chun Ting

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Timo Boll

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Koki Niwa

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Vladimir Samsonov

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
I think "Tchoing" insincerely, or anything done insincerely, unless rehearsed makes one feel like an idiot.

You need to maintain a ruthless, deep focus. To enter the zone, which is a very narrow ‘tunnel’ of utmost concentration.

If you need to pep up yourself by acting out aggressively, then so be it. For me, and other players if I understand what I'm reading as well, it's an inner thing. My zone is grounded in inner tranquility, not inner turmoil. So I don't act out, and if somebody else's hollering and other attempts to disturb me, than that's a shortcoming in my own ability to stay balanced and concentrated.

The strategy of countering that behaviour by replicating it would only aggravate things. It doesn't make much sense to give up on balance and tranquility in an attempt to regain it. Power to the shouters, but my zen is my own.

says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
Administrator
Oct 2010
Congratulations to Dimitrij Ovtcharov saving 4 match points to be crowned Champion of the CHINA OPEN with a 4-3 victory over Timo Boll!

dimitrijovtcharovchinaopen2017champion.jpg

says Aging is a killer
I recall a scene from the classic martial arts movie "Enter the Dragon". Bruce Lee's character is fighting Chuck Norris' character, and Bruce's character has a habit of bobbing and bouncing on his feet. As Chuck's character begins to lose, he, too, starts bobbing and bouncing on his feet, imitating Bruce's character, and that is when Bruce's character knows he has defeated him. To me choing is the same. If I change my behavior to that of my opponent, because it seems to work for them, they have won. I need to do what works for me.

Not sure if this applies directly to TT. Many times my opponent is doing stuff that reminds me that I should do something similar.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
You need to maintain a ruthless, deep focus. To enter the zone, which is a very narrow ‘tunnel’ of utmost concentration.

If you need to pep up yourself by acting out aggressively, then so be it. For me, and other players if I understand what I'm reading as well, it's an inner thing. My zone is grounded in inner tranquility, not inner turmoil. So I don't act out, and if somebody else's hollering and other attempts to disturb me, than that's a shortcoming in my own ability to stay balanced and concentrated.

The strategy of countering that behaviour by replicating it would only aggravate things. It doesn't make much sense to give up on balance and tranquility in an attempt to regain it. Power to the shouters, but my zen is my own.

As an experienced TT player, this is good literature.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Regarding cho-ing and such, in Brad Gilbert's book Winning Ugly he describes all the psychological tricks Connors used to use to get inside the heads of his opponents, and the strategies he used to try to prevent it. He has long passages about this kind of thing. Connors was basically a cho-er before it was common in our sport. I can see how it can help some people. But like I said earlier, not everyone is wired the same way.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
can't believe someone actually compares fake movie craps to a real sport situation. whats more, its Bruce's!

in the case of tchoing, it's necessary. believe me, I was once lost against a lower ranked one because of I was annoyed of his tcho.
I was able to gety groove back when I start tchoing back.

Cool story; n=1.