Butterfly Kong Linghui Special vs Garaydia ALC - Are they the same?

says https://www.facebook.com/eduardo.eduard.33/videos/vb.1000...
Apr 2015
Read 2 reviews
Hi guys,

I've a friend that play's with a Kong Linghui Special. He let me try once and I can say that's my favoutrite blade! It has all, control, speed, good touch, easy to loop and also easy to block. Unfortunately, Butterfly discountinued that blade, but this year i saw the new Butterfly Garaydia ALC.. and has same thickness that KLS has(6.9 mm). Also both are 3+2 ply. Garaydia has hinoki, ALC, balsa core, ALC, hinoki. KLS has hinoki, ALC, ?????, ALC, hinoki. Plz help guys! I play with TB ALC with Tenergy 05 on both sides, But if i'll get sure that Garaydia is a rebranding of KLS I'll buy it. It just suits my playing style so perfectly. ( Sorry for bad english guys xS )

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Hi guys,

I've a friend that play's with a Kong Linghui Special. He let me try once and I can say that's my favoutrite blade! It has all, control, speed, good touch, easy to loop and also easy to block. Unfortunately, Butterfly discountinued that blade, but this year i saw the new Butterfly Garaydia ALC.. and has same thickness that KLS has(6.9 mm). Also both are 3+2 ply. Garaydia has hinoki, ALC, balsa core, ALC, hinoki. KLS has hinoki, ALC, ?????, ALC, hinoki. Plz help guys! I play with TB ALC with Tenergy 05 on both sides, But if i'll get sure that Garaydia is a rebranding of KLS I'll buy it. It just suits my playing style so perfectly. ( Sorry for bad english guys xS )

I don't know where you got that measurement. From what I remember, KLH-Special was a mid to low 6.x mm 3+2. That would make Garaydia ALC much faster. I would expect Garaydia ALC to be very similar to Primorac Carbon, just a little softer and slower. KLH-Special is an entire step down in speed imo.

Apr 2015
Read 2 reviews
I don't know where you got that measurement. From what I remember, KLH-Special was a mid to low 6.x mm 3+2. That would make Garaydia ALC much faster. I would expect Garaydia ALC to be very similar to Primorac Carbon, just a little softer and slower. KLH-Special is an entire step down in speed imo.

Primorac Carbon has balsa core? I already sent a mail to Butterfly Europa but they don't anwser me --'

Hi guys,

KLS is Kiri Core and is not that much tick. For the description you give about the Garaydia ALC, it seems to be the "clone" of the Iolite neo (which i own, just like the KLS), and I can say you that Iolite Neo and KLS are very different blades, despite having hinoki outer and ALC.

And yes, Butterfly should not have discontinued the KLS, awesome blade. I was so desperate to get a KLS (my 1st one was stolen almost 10 years ago) that I ordered a special made to butterfly (with the Maze ST shape for the handle). But I just don't wanna use it much till I get a second one.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Hello friends, as I know kls is 6.7 mm, garaydia alc is 6.9 mm. Second: more important here is thickness of top ply made from hinoki. As I know in schlager carbon they are 1.4 mm. In garaydia alc and garaydia t5000 they are 0.9 mm. In garaydia zlc 1.4 mm too. I don't know how much is thickness in kls ... may be 0.9 mm. In all buterfly blades kore is kiri (Paulownia) mentioned above. I know only one butterflay blade with balsa core ... balsa carbo x .... Balsa is twice more lighter and softer than kiri. For example for hinoki ... 1 mm ply of hinoki weight around 11 grams. For second example I don't know whay Iolite neo is so lighter! May be it's core is balsa? Or hinoki top layers are thiner? Good luck friends.

Last edited: