Has anyone tried the new AIROC ASTRO M & S ??

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Next on my list once the full spectrum becomes available, as yet it seems only S version in 2.1 in one large retailer?s stock and my preferred shop doesn?t have any. A shame that the AIROC rubbers are so unloved. I have an overstock that doesn?t attract any buyers even with a 40 % discount.

What?s your experience with AIROC, and what do you expect from the Astro versions?

Reactions: Tompa8888
Next on my list once the full spectrum becomes available, as yet it seems only S version in 2.1 in one large retailer?s stock and my preferred shop doesn?t have any. A shame that the AIROC rubbers are so unloved. I have an overstock that doesn?t attract any buyers even with a 40 % discount.

What?s your experience with AIROC, and what do you expect from the Astro versions?

I've tried both the soft version and M. The medium suits me better, the soft is still very good, a good BH rubber. Overall: Good spin, quite fast but still very good control. The surface feels a bit more grippy which i like! I play with the bluefire today which is in many ways 10/10. I'd would like more spin if i could choose when it comes to airoc. Seems like Stiga mostly focus on speed speed.. and some (easy to play with/not tacky at all) rubbers, the airoc is seems to me like a good stepup from the older rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2015
Airoc, do you have any of the astro in stock?

I play with Calibra Tour right now, looking to try out the Airoc series :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Very much my experience with Airoc M, although I think it offers just enough spin for most. Strangely enough, and maybe because Boost and Calibra left something to desire, these rubbers haven?t been well received at all in Germany. Everyone is looking for "Japanese" (so much they let themselves being fooled into believing Tibhar Evo were Japanese...) and then Japanese comes along and people dismiss it because it?s different, which is the idea in the first place...

This user has no status.
Very much my experience with Airoc M, although I think it offers just enough spin for most. Strangely enough, and maybe because Boost and Calibra left something to desire, these rubbers haven?t been well received at all in Germany. Everyone is looking for "Japanese" (so much they let themselves being fooled into believing Tibhar Evo were Japanese...) and then Japanese comes along and people dismiss it because it?s different, which is the idea in the first place...

Indeed it's quite different from anything else.

Well, on my part i won't be getting them again, maybe i got a faulty one with many troubles that i won't mention again, but for me it all come down to price.

I tried to get the latest rubbers from Stiga and butterfly thinking that i would be a good investment and failed, the performance is great but the quality and lifespan are so bad they don't seem fair for people in alow budget like me.... i can't even resell them the at a good value to try to cut my losses...

The irony is that my Airoc S is getting better (for me) as time passes, It shrunk while still being glued to the blade an now is slower and controllable, but who would want that in a rubber for today's aggresive play