how is this bat?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2015
I'm a developing youth player with an offensive style and have been playing once a week for over a year with a palio ka ( 7mm thick, stiff blade) with cj800 rubbers. I want to replace this bat so would this be a good bat for me http://www.customtabletennis.co.uk/product.php?productid=16628&cat=262&page=1 I have played my friends bat which has these rubbers on and I liked it. thanks everyone.:D

This user has no status.
Stiga Allround Classic is just about the perfect blade for a young developing player. Not too fast, but not exactly slow either, soft feel and loads of control. It plays well with most rubbers, so you can easily develop your game for at least a couple of years with this blade.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I have to be honest, I don't love the Stiga Allround Classic. I feel like it is outdated. It would be great with the 38mm ball. But I feel like it was too slow for the 40mm celluloid ball and is definitely not ideal for the 40+ poly ball. A Stiga Allround Evolution, a Tibhar Stratus Power Wood, a Nexy Peter Pan all would be better.

But what is the deal they are giving you? What rubbers will it come with for that price?

Sent from Godric'sHollow using the ResurrectionStone

Last edited:
Reactions: BeGo
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
The rubbers are blutenkirsche 868 tokyo no tacky

That is a $12.00 (USD) rubber. The blade is $35.00. Why are they charging so much for the combo and trying to make it sound like the are giving you a good deal. $35.00+$12.00+$12.00 = $59.00 (USD) The price they are selling it for is 59 pounds. 59 pounds = $91.00. $59.00 = 38 pounds. That should cost much less than what they are charging.

Reactions: Tokieboi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Read 14 reviews
Stiga Allround Classic is just about the perfect blade for a young developing player. Not too fast, but not exactly slow either, soft feel and loads of control. It plays well with most rubbers, so you can easily develop your game for at least a couple of years with this blade.

I agree that the Allround classic is one of the best blades for developing players and I often suggest this blade. I doubt it's to slow but you can always try out offensive classic to. Good luck!

Reactions: brabhamista
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Regardless of what Jord1484 gets as a blade, that price is marked up much more than it should be. If you buy all the pieces separately and put it together yourself, or have a friend who knows what he is doing put it together, or buy from a place with reasonable prices that will put it together for you, that blade with those rubbers should not really cost more than 40 pounds. ($60.00 USD).

As far as the speed, here is what I would say: almost every blade I have used, when I used it for long enough, it felt fine and speed was not an issue.

That blade is the one blade that, after 3 months of using it, the speed made me sort of unhappy. I would swing hard on kill shots, or when I was 3-5 feet back from the table and watch the ball slow down as it headed towards the opponent's side.

Now, the truth is, when I use it now, it is fine because my technique is better and I spin the ball and use the topsheet and sponge much more than I did back then. Back when I used it, perhaps if I was looping and really spinning the ball, it would have been fine and if I had coaching that helped me learn to do that sooner the blade may have been fine for me. But that is the one blade I used where I stopped using it simply because the lack of speed actually made me unhappy. The feeling is excellent. But if your opponent has backed up or you need to back up, you better have good technique.

Whereas, one tiny step higher on the speed scale was totally fine for me. The Stiga Allround Evolution, in MY OPINION, is a much better choice for a developing , allround-offensive minded beginner. And the Stiga Allround Evolution is not too fast a blade for learning. Its speed rating is All+, one small notch more than the Allround Classic.

So, we can agree to disagree on that subject. In the hands of a good player, the blade is fine. In the hands of a beginner, there may be some advantages to having a blade like that. But I think there is a reason why more beginners stick with the Butterfly Primorac Off- and not as much with the Stiga Allround Classic even though the Primorac doesn't have anywhere near as good feeling as the Allround Classic. That very small extra amount of speed from the Allround Evolution, in my opinion, is worth having if a beginner wants to have a bit more fun while learning.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Thanks for your opinion everyone. I think im going to buy seperately so would focus 3 snipe be a better rubber to go with stiga allround evolution?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Either rubber would be fine. Both are good for learning and good enough to use long after the learning stage. Good luck and have fun. When you are all set up, let us know how you like what you get.

This user has no status.
Just bought the Stiga Allround Classic WRB, marked All+ in the speed scale with two Spinlord Tiger rubbers, and although both rubbers and the blade were on the "Special Offers" list from TableTennis11 I've paid around 50 EUR (37 GBP), assembly included!

For around 53 GBP I also got a Stiga Case, the edge tape (also from Stiga) and delivery (free as this was over 70EUR) so I would say that the price is quite high...

I have to say that this was bought based on recomendations got from this forum and I absolutly loved the way it played! For my level the speed was enough and controlable and I've noticed that I could get much more control from the blade than with the previous pre-assembled blade :D