Best Chinese fh rubber or alternative?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
Asking for peoples opinion on the Best Chinese fh rubber or alternative?
Skyline? Neo? 2?3?
Striver g2fx?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
This user has no status.
Asking for peoples opinion on the Best Chinese fh rubber or alternative?
Skyline? Neo? 2?3?
Striver g2fx?

What qualities do you define as "best" in terms of Chinese fh rubber or alternative? Speed/spin? Hard/soft sponge? High/Low throw? Chinese rubber comes in all different combinations of these qualities.

The top 3 players in the world seem to favor H3 Neo for high spin, high throw, and around 41 degrees sponge hardness for their forehand rubber. The speed seems to be adequate for their playing style.

This user has no status.
Without description of your playstyle. or better yet, a gameplay video,

No one in this forum can prescribe good recs for You. :)

For something faster than H3 Neo,

You could try Friendship/729 Highpoint for high speed low spin Chinese Rubber,

which, imho, great for driver, poor for looper, and already disqualified member of Chinese rubber category. :p

and btw,

Chinese top player deliberately using slow non bouncy but super spinny rubber, cause they confident they can create their own speed on forehand, using mainly ball spinning motion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
It's not for my competition set up, just wanting to have abit of fun with an alternative set up.
I'm a two winged looper / loves to smash. I've grown up with jap rubbers so don't think I'd be able to change nor do I have the power and technique the pros do. Some of the Chinese players at my club use h3neo bh & skyline 2 neo fh.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
It's not for my competition set up, just wanting to have abit of fun with an alternative set up.
I'm a two winged looper / loves to smash. I've grown up with jap rubbers so don't think I'd be able to change nor do I have the power and technique the pros do. Some of the Chinese players at my club use h3neo bh & skyline 2 neo fh.
I have tried all of TG2, TG3, H2 and H3. Being a Chinese rubber user for a long time I would say H3 (especially provincial) is the best in most aspects.

But if you want to try it just for fun I would recommend Sanwei Target National blue sponge. The top sheet is tacky but the sponge is German springy sponge. Very good control and nice feeling. But once bottomed out the top spin and speed are not satisfactory to me.

So just for fun - try Sanwei Target National.

For serious Chinese rubber with low budget - Neo Hurricane 3.

For serious Chinese rubber with a good budget - Neo Hurricane 3 provincial.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
Thanks sff lib
Great advice cheers!
I'd love to try the provincial but I wouldn't want to take the chance in case it didn't suit.