What can be a good BH rubber pairing with H3 NEO FH?

I am using H3 (non Neo) on FH and Donic Accuda S2 on BH. Accuda is similar to Rakza 7 and comes in 3 different hardnesses. I could imagine that DHS tinarc could work as well.
On BH need some catapult but don’t want too much …

When you are a beginner you don’t know what you like so the key is to not spend too much money. If you go for slow equipment you will learn faster.

Cheers
L-zr

I am using H3 (non Neo) on FH and Donic Accuda S2 on BH. Accuda is similar to Rakza 7 and comes in 3 different hardnesses. I could imagine that DHS tinarc could work as well.
On BH need some catapult but don’t want too much …

When you are a beginner you don’t know what you like so the key is to not spend too much money. If you go for slow equipment you will learn faster.

Cheers
L-zr
Appreciate the advice. My TT journey started as a teenager, developed decent technique, especially BH and then ruined everything by getting overexcited and splashing over $200 on 2 tenergy 05fx with 5ply andro carbon blade. It ruined my table tennis for so many years until I finally understood that I need to go back to basics. Ever since I feel allergic to European style tensor/ catapult effect rubber and enjoying my table tennis again with DHS/ Yinhe style tacky/mid hard rubber and 7-ply wood blade.

This user has no status.
Cheers

how does H8 sponge compare to H3?
Sorry but either are shitty af as a beginner. Way too hard either way and hard to learn or do anything with as a beginner.
If you have a coach who can teach you to do the necessary strokes for these rubbers than maybe... But the learning process will be stressfull and frustrating.

My suggestion would be yinhe moon blue 12 (softest version) because it can give you enough backup, with clear feedback and enough room for error.

Reactions: mr_rage
Appreciate the advice. My TT journey started as a teenager, developed decent technique, especially BH and then ruined everything by getting overexcited and splashing over $200 on 2 tenergy 05fx with 5ply andro carbon blade. It ruined my table tennis for so many years until I finally understood that I need to go back to basics. Ever since I feel allergic to European style tensor/ catapult effect rubber and enjoying my table tennis again with DHS/ Yinhe style tacky/mid hard rubber and 7-ply wood blade.
Also, I have Rakza 7 on all wood 7 ply blade but I cannot just agree with it. arc is too high for my liking with sub-par spin. this is why I want something slightly harder and grippy for BH to pair with H3 FH.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Also, I have Rakza 7 on all wood 7 ply blade but I cannot just agree with it. arc is too high for my liking with sub-par spin. this is why I want something slightly harder and grippy for BH to pair with H3 FH.
Yeah H8 would be a good fit. Other Big Dipper on bh. Or one of the Euro hybrids

Reactions: Yoruzuya@26
Sorry but either are shitty af as a beginner. Way too hard either way and hard to learn or do anything with as a beginner.
If you have a coach who can teach you to do the necessary strokes for these rubbers than maybe... But the learning process will be stressfull and frustrating.

My suggestion would be yinhe moon blue 12 (softest version) because it can give you enough backup, with clear feedback and enough room for error.
Ok, my brother has H3 and I've played with a lot on FH. My FH loop is ok with it so I know my margins for error with H3. Suggesting Yinhe, I also have Big Dipper which for me is an insane for FH if you have good topspin and loop, but moon 12? I'll check it out. Thanks dude.

This user has no status.
Ok, my brother has H3 and I've played with a lot on FH. My FH loop is ok with it so I know my margins for error with H3. Suggesting Yinhe, I also have Big Dipper which for me is an insane for FH if you have good topspin and loop, but moon 12? I'll check it out. Thanks dude.
Exactly but backhand is a totally different story. You cant use your body in the same way (approx around 20% of the power can generate on your fh) and it relies way more on your forearm and wrist motion.

As i am playing H3 37 on my bh too, that is a decent pairing but i would never recommend this one as a beginner for mentioned reasons.

Big dipper btw can be could but had too hard of a variation between the sheets. To often the characteristics of the rubber were completely different.

Moon blue 12 can be compared with rozena. I would suggest to start with moon blue 12, learn with it and upgrade to rozena later on or to a harder version of moon blue 12 as you can play it really well on a higher level as my favourite @longle proves. You can check some of his shots with it on this site too.

• Love
Reactions: longle and Zwill
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
Yeah H8 would be a good fit. Other Big Dipper on bh. Or one of the Euro hybrids
Which H8 version / hardness are you using?
How much booster?

How does it compare to things like D09c, LAC or some of the hybrids you know.

I am not totally against these kind of rubbers for backhand, but for a beginner, something more easy to use with good spin would probably be better.

I was very contempt with TSP ventus speed on backhand.
Good for pushing, blocking and spinning most shots and landing them on the table.

Unless the beginner has access to very good personal training and is willing to that way, hard and tacky rubber should come a little bit later in the development phase, imo.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Which H8 version / hardness are you using?
How much booster?

How does it compare to things like D09c, LAC or some of the hybrids you know.

I am not totally against these kind of rubbers for backhand, but for a beginner, something more easy to use with good spin would probably be better.

I was very contempt with TSP ventus speed on backhand.
Good for pushing, blocking and spinning most shots and landing them on the table.

Unless the beginner has access to very good personal training and is willing to that way, hard and tacky rubber should come a little bit later in the development phase, imo.
I have H8 37d for bh with 2 layers of booster. Its just outstanding responsive and grippy rubber. It grabs the ball so much better than tensors.

Its way tackier than d09c, also softer, and faster with booster.

Lac is really good for fh, but its quite hard for bh. It might be good boosted, but i havent tried because of bubbling.

I just put a Tibhar Hybrid MK to my backhand. I was using H3/37 on faster blades. Now with a slower blade (Tibhar Illusion Killer (OFF)), I first used my Jekyll & Hyde V47.5 and now bought a 2nd hand Hybrid MK. It hasn't much tensor, but is more "helping" playing relaxed than a H3. Very good is the low rate of spin sensitivity. Right now, it feels as a perfect add to my H3 Neo.

Reactions: Attitude

Tiz

This user has no status.

Tiz

This user has no status.
Jan 2023
I have H8 37d for bh with 2 layers of booster. Its just outstanding responsive and grippy rubber. It grabs the ball so much better than tensors.

Its way tackier than d09c, also softer, and faster with booster.

Lac is really good for fh, but its quite hard for bh. It might be good boosted, but i havent tried because of bubbling.
I just bought a H8 37 from Aliexpress, it's practically impossible to find it elsewhere.