tibhar quantum S vs evo EL-P

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
According to a review on a hungarian forum: very porous white sponge, elastic and soft. Topsheet similar to Acuda series'.
Uncut weight: 70g (max)
Warm up drives: A little slower than MX-P and a little lower arc. Not too much catapult effect.
FH Loops: Low arc from any distance. Quite easy to loop, but it lacks spin. With more power becomes really fast, but spill not too spinny. (average spin)
FH block: safe, but you nedd to block actively. Not spin sensitive.
BH: Easy to loop (easier compared to MX-P) and the reviewer was able to generate good power. Better on BH than MX-P.
Reviewer recommend this to aggressive attack players who likes to hit the ball hard. Compared to Bluefire M2 it's faster and has more feeling.
I just translated and summarized (but contains all the important informations) the original review, didn't used the rubber. Hope this helps!
[EDIT: this is for the normal Quantum, not the S. The S version is slower and softer]

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I was going to put a review on, as above it is white sponge and very soft I'd say. Briefly it was on my bh and ws excellent control and punch blocks were really easy. I had it on Innerforce Layer Al and it was really mushy (like pillow soft) If you like the safety of soft sponge it is good but I thought it lacked power personally compared to Elp or els with not as much spin. Xiom rubber good if you fancy a change try the Vega Pro, quite similar to elp, little harder but still good control and more spin, speed. Or even try els because that it a nice rubber I had on fh and bh and was quite surprised at how nice it was. Hope this help, is my view only though

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
that is quite different opinion of what tibhar says: 45 degrees is quite hard, it shoult be harder then EL-P. On polish website I have found that quantum is very spinny, while you say it is more fast the spinny.
i think I better stay with EL-P, which is good variation for FH rubber enough spin, enough fast and enough hard.

This user has no status.
that is quite different opinion of what tibhar says: 45 degrees is quite hard, it shoult be harder then EL-P. On polish website I have found that quantum is very spinny, while you say it is more fast the spinny.
i think I better stay with EL-P, which is good variation for FH rubber enough spin, enough fast and enough hard.
I would deffo try els, just a spinnier verion but though it had enough speed and control but with an extra bit of grip on topsheet. Quantum was deffo softer though if I remember right.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews

Just to make one thing clear, although the Quantums were released after the first Evolution rubbers they are by no means an update.
There is the Evolution line with new additions EL-S and FX-S and there is among others a Quantum line developed in parallel.

A Quantum rubber compared to an Evolution rubber will most probably feel like a step back as the Quantums are meant to be more safe and easy to play.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Just to make one thing clear, although the Quantums were released after the first Evolution rubbers they are by no means an update.
There is the Evolution line with new additions EL-S and FX-S and there is among others a Quantum line developed in parallel.

A Quantum rubber compared to an Evolution rubber will most probably feel like a step back as the Quantums are meant to be more safe and easy to play.

thanks this is what I wanted to hear. I forgot there is a new range of evo rubbers, that is why I though about quantum. Since I am quite satisfied with EL-P I will try EL-S. It shouldn't be much different.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Since I am quite satisfied with EL-P I will try EL-S. It shouldn't be much different.

The EL-S sponge is a little harder in average, the topsheet is softer and even more grippy. The stiff topsheet of EL-P makes it ideal for direct play, EL-S is the rubber for a pretty easy first ball on underspin and everything that follows topspin-wise. So if your next ball is a topspin, go for EL-S, if you open up to enter a game of block and counter stay with EL-P. Which of course is not to say you can´t do everything with both.

Reactions: Sali