Selecting a new equipment

TPS

This user has no status.

TPS

This user has no status.
Mar 2017
Hello all,

I wanted some advice on selecting a new equipment for myself. Currently I am using a Stiga offensive classic with Tibhar Nimbus on my forehand and Tibhar Sinus on my backhand.

My style of play is that I use a lot of power on my backhand. I usually play a lot of topspin on my backhand with a lot of power along with some backspin shots. On my forehand I usually play an all-round game including topspin, chop, block and counter hit. I usually play from a mid distance away from the table. Not too close and not too far either.

I have been using my current equipment from past 4-5 years and I haven't changed the rubbers since then. I have just re-pasted them for 2-3 times.

I have been looking on the internet from past 2 weeks for new rubbers which can match my style of play and I think hard rubbers are the ones I should be looking for. I have come across Butterfly Tenergy 80 which can give spin and speed with control. Will that be a good choice? And if yes then which blade I should be using along with that.

I am also trying to improve my techniques and skills day by day but if replacing my equipment can help me in doing that then which one should i go for?? Or should I continue using my old equipment combination?

Kindly help me out. Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks!

TPS

This user has no status.

TPS

This user has no status.
Mar 2017
I would only change the rubber if I were you. Changing the whole setup at once is too much for some players to deal with. From Nimbus to T80 is a big enough jump as is. The weight, speed, spin and hardness will be greater. However, T80 will have less noticeable catapult if you loop.

Hey thanks for your advice. So would the Stiga offensive classic blade will be good enough for T80?

Or is there any other rubber which I should look for that will be suitable for my style of play?

Thanks for your help!

Hey thanks for your advice. So would the Stiga offensive classic blade will be good enough for T80?

Or is there any other rubber which I should look for that will be suitable for my style of play?

Thanks for your help!
Xiom Vega Pro, Andro Rasant Grip, Bluefire M2 would be good for your BH.

Reactions: doraemon
Stiga oc is a fantastic blade for developing offensive play. If you're not putting in 100% effort for offensive strokes, you don't need a faster blade. Both your rubbers are medium to soft so if you want a speed boost I'd keep the blade and go for something slightly harder for both fh and bh. A harder sponge does not always mean more speed, but the feel is harder. Considering you are looking at tensor type rubbers, the increase in hardness should help your speed and short game. Tenergy is very good but very expensive. I'd recommend looking at Donic bluefire, xiom vega and the thibar evos. And I'm not entirely familiar with the specific hardness of your rubbers but try to just increase the hardness a little bit, not too much.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
If you are willing to spend $75 for a sheet of rubber everytime you need to change it, tenergy is simply great

You don't have to go with tenergy ofc. Rubbers like MX-P play super similar to tenergy in terms of spin and speed but it just feels completely different. I'm stuck with tenergy 05 on FH because nothing else feels right

This user has no status.
I am also a backhand dominant player and made the jump to Tenergy 80 a few months ago. I haven't looked back since. It really is an all purpose offensive rubber and it plays great once you adjust to the weight and bounce. If you are playing it on All Wood instead of Carbon then it's a lot more manageable.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L22 using Tapatalk