Recommend me DONIC rubber for backhand please

Hi guys,

My backhand technique isn't fully developed.
I still dont have the confidence to take huge swing with my backhand.

Problem with my current rubber (Andro Rasanter R47 max 2.3mm):
For me, this rubber is either too hard/thick. Unless opponent is hitting fast, I can't feel the ball goes all into the sponge and hit the blade.

What I'm looking for:
Donic rubber that has similar characteristic with R47 but softer (maybe R42 version of donic?)
I dont want rubber that is too bouncy. I think R47 bounciness is just right for backhand.

Why donic?
Because it's cheaper here (around 10 usd cheaper).
The only donic rubbers I've tried are Acuda P1 and Acuda S2 (5 minutes each) on TB ZLC..

I kinda like the Acuda S2, but I'm afraid that rubber is too forgiving and wont help me to develop proper backhand stroke.

Please help, guys :)
Thank you.

P.S. If you know better and cheaper rubber, feel free to tell me as well !

Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
Hi,

The suggestions would really depend on your level.

For instance, Viscaria is already much too fast and reactive a blade for a beginner.

If you're a good intermediate-level amateur, the thing that strikes me most is your rubber thickness (2.3mm). The lowest setting (1.8mm/1.9mm/2mm) is as high as you need to go on most tensor rubbers. Thicker rubbers just take a lot of control away from you, and you won't benefit from the additional speed without close to perfect technique.

The exact choice of rubber is highly subjective, trial and error.

Reactions: splasher78
This user has no status.
My backhand technique isn't fully developed.
I still dont have the confidence to take huge swing with my backhand.

Problem with my current rubber (Andro Rasanter R47 max 2.3mm):
For me, this rubber is either too hard/thick. Unless opponent is hitting fast, I can't feel the ball goes all into the sponge and hit the blade.

Err, this 2 problem contradict each other. Pick one, please.

If You tend to fail to keep Your return down with your BH loop, or Your usual error is to overshot the table, You may need thicker and / or spinnier rubber. That also means more numbed feel. [emoji6]

Barracuda is as Chinese as You get from Donic, and I rec as thick as You can.
Of Course, if You can try Geospin Tacky or Original H3, try them first.

"Pinjam punya teman" (borrowing from a friend) can be a good way to understand rubbers. [emoji6]

Sent from my i5E using Tapatalk

Baracuda is best school rubber [emoji1305]

Barracuda can be a good option.
I've used M2 and M3 (for the same reason, they were very cheap here), M3 for backhand, it's very soft, maybe too much, i think M2 is the best bluefire.

Thanks for recommending Barracuda.
How do you compare Barracuda vs Acuda S2 vs BF M2?

This user has no status.
I had tried Barracuda and Acuda, but just for a few balls, so here's what i can tell you.
BF sponge has very large pores, specially in M series.
All of them have good spin (some people says Barracuda is VERY spinny)
I think Bluefire is the fastest of them, and definitely the most springy of them. I think it's springier than Tenergy, but tenergy has more "gears".

This user has no status.
M2 won’t be much softer than the Resanter you are currently using. M3 makes a good bh rubber once the factory tuning wears off. The acuda s2 and s3 felt like lightweight rockets when I used them a few years ago. Z3 feels a little softer on contact compared to M3 and makes a nice sound, but The Viscaria you use also has a soft feeling, so may feel mushy with Z3. I won my first tournament with a TBS ,barracuda on the FH and M3 on the back. I don’t think you can go wrong with either of those.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
Have you considered the coppa x1 turbo? It is my favourite rubber on the backhand and it is both soft and bouncy, and fast and light. Check it out at ttdb if you don't believe me.