Soft rubber for backhand

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Looking for a soft backhand rubber on my Cybershape Clipper.

Tried Stiga platinum m - too hard. Tried Fastarc c-1 - better control, but didn't like the "woody" feeling which I think is due to rubber thickness (2.0mm).

I really like the feeling of the ball sinking into the rubber. My backhand loop is my strongest skill. Generally, I stay close to the table.

I think I'm looking for sponge hardness around 40-45.

Any suggestions on rubbers that would suit me?

I've attached a short video.

Attachments

• Screen_Recording_20240228_113446_YouTube.mp4
    53.2 MB
Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2013
Read 5 reviews
If you are looking fir that sinking feeling I suggest that you consider Tibhar hybrid MK. Eventough it has harder sponge 48 esn, it holds the ball really well and feel a lot softer than 48 degree. It’s a bit slower and spinnier compairing to platinium M. The best thing about hybrid mk is that it os really easy to play with and it has plenty of power if needed. The best back hand rubber for us mortals at the moment imho.

This user has no status.
If you are looking fir that sinking feeling I suggest that you consider Tibhar hybrid MK. Eventough it has harder sponge 48 esn, it holds the ball really well and feel a lot softer than 48 degree. It’s a bit slower and spinnier compairing to platinium M. The best thing about hybrid mk is that it os really easy to play with and it has plenty of power if needed. The best back hand rubber for us mortals at the moment imho.
You play with Hybrid mk ? It's softer topsheet right ?

Tiz

This user has no status.

Tiz

This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Right now I’m using Xiom Vega Europe max on my BH and it’s soft and grippy. Not very fast but neither slow. It’s on sale now on TT11 (weekly specials). The hardness is 42.5

Last edited:
Reactions: TampaBayTableTennis
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Right now I’m using Xiom Vega Europe max on my BH and it’s soft and grippy. Not very fast but neither slow. It’s on sale now on TT11 (weekly specials)
Been looking at that one. Then I discovered there's a omega v and vii with same sponge hardness. Do you know how the different euro-versions differ from each other?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Thanks, I have the Stiga Hybrid M on forehand. Tried it on backhand but felt it too hard. Maybe the mk is different although the hardness is the same.

Tiz

This user has no status.

Tiz

This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Been looking at that one. Then I discovered there's a omega v and vii with same sponge hardness. Do you know how the different euro-versions differ from each other?
No, this is the first time I use a Xiom rubber. You can check these reviews (the numbers for the grip and the bounciness look very similar):

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Xiom is confusing the s*it out of me. Euro Vega, Omega, Sigma, and now I discovered that there's a df-version of the Vega Europe. How does the Euro and Euro DF differ from each other?

Reactions: latej
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Xiom is confusing the s*it out of me. Euro Vega, Omega, Sigma, and now I discovered that there's a df-version of the Vega Europe. How does the Euro and Euro DF differ from each other?

Confusion is clearly the goal. At the same time, a lot of Xiom rubbers are good, only to find which one ;-)

Reactions: matti77

Tiz

This user has no status.

Tiz

This user has no status.
Jan 2023
The regular euro has 42.5 shore O hardness, the DF 37.5

Reactions: matti77
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Tronix cmd, Dynaryz cmd, Rasanter r42, Vega europe, Hexer powergrip sfx, Rozena, Rakza 7 soft...and so on.

So many to choose from. May I just pick one at random as they don't differ that much from each other anyway?

Ask your friend Jan-Ove... ;) 🤣
No, no, there are dozens of topics here about soft BH-rubbers by now. Most have been mentioned here by now but my preferences are for a Rakza 7 or a soft version of it. An Andro Hexer grip sfx is an incredibly good rubber and a lesser known rubber is a Gewo Hype XT Pro 40.0, believe me, this one is the best from a combination of the good qualities of the other two rubbers.
Good luck!